Author Topic: Outlands or City- A calm discussion, please  (Read 7146 times)

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Outlands or City- A calm discussion, please
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 03:58:02 AM »
I'm more of a City kind of guy. Most of my characters are not rebel prone, but resistance prone. I brought one of my characters to the outlands and he was either almost killed, or was almost taken by OTA. I bet if I would've stayed longer and not been kicked out by "Old Man", I would've found some good in it. Though, him kicking me out won't stop me from coming back. I'll try to see some good in it and remain in it when shit hits the fan in City.

Now, in City, you have to fight and be secretive about most of the things you want. For webuls, guns is a no show and radios come when you get lucky on the 23rd shot. This means that is very hard to kill people as a lone Citizen and you have to either write up a 12 page backstory for an awesome auth inside of the City or you have to go to outlands, get some supplies and maybe a weapon and write a 2 paragraph story on how you got back in. Honestly, I like playing the Cat and Mouse game. It's why I make AC's and Criminals. I loved outsmarting CCA units and walking right past them with -100 AC points. I liked bringing in illegal goods from traders around the City. It was fun. I only had one character who was caught with a payload. And it took a serious raid with OTA units and one Zealot Officer. Serious shit yes. Well I understand in the Outlands, thats a daily thing. But hey, the rarer the fruit, the more the flavor.
Too be fair to my self, I kicked you out because you did rape someone.

I prefer Outlands, A lot of the CCA is just silly with what they do, the stories behind it, and just the balance of it.
In Outlands we have a more rounded balance OTA, Bandits, Crazy people, Rebels. And I feel a more depth of RP.
When I was RPing as a citizen in the city, /EVERYTHING/ was slanted towards the CCA RP wise and it felt like the only reason to have a citizen is to get him in the CCA(this was months ago however) and on Outlands the only goal is to survive another day(And it even feels that way).
And those "overpowered auths" are NOTHING compared to what OTA does/was doing before.

God dammit I didn't rape anyone. I have to tell everyone this because Frolie was gangraped by everyone BUT me. She got raped by keiji and four other guys. I was the one holding the gun to make sure she didn't pull out some auth'd throwing knife and kill me or anyone else. They raped her because they saught the opportunity.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 11:24:11 AM »
I'm more of a City kind of guy. Most of my characters are not rebel prone, but resistance prone. I brought one of my characters to the outlands and he was either almost killed, or was almost taken by OTA. I bet if I would've stayed longer and not been kicked out by "Old Man", I would've found some good in it. Though, him kicking me out won't stop me from coming back. I'll try to see some good in it and remain in it when shit hits the fan in City.

Now, in City, you have to fight and be secretive about most of the things you want. For webuls, guns is a no show and radios come when you get lucky on the 23rd shot. This means that is very hard to kill people as a lone Citizen and you have to either write up a 12 page backstory for an awesome auth inside of the City or you have to go to outlands, get some supplies and maybe a weapon and write a 2 paragraph story on how you got back in. Honestly, I like playing the Cat and Mouse game. It's why I make AC's and Criminals. I loved outsmarting CCA units and walking right past them with -100 AC points. I liked bringing in illegal goods from traders around the City. It was fun. I only had one character who was caught with a payload. And it took a serious raid with OTA units and one Zealot Officer. Serious shit yes. Well I understand in the Outlands, thats a daily thing. But hey, the rarer the fruit, the more the flavor.
Too be fair to my self, I kicked you out because you did rape someone.

I prefer Outlands, A lot of the CCA is just silly with what they do, the stories behind it, and just the balance of it.
In Outlands we have a more rounded balance OTA, Bandits, Crazy people, Rebels. And I feel a more depth of RP.
When I was RPing as a citizen in the city, /EVERYTHING/ was slanted towards the CCA RP wise and it felt like the only reason to have a citizen is to get him in the CCA(this was months ago however) and on Outlands the only goal is to survive another day(And it even feels that way).
And those "overpowered auths" are NOTHING compared to what OTA does/was doing before.

God dammit I didn't rape anyone. I have to tell everyone this because Frolie was gangraped by everyone BUT me. She got raped by keiji and four other guys. I was the one holding the gun to make sure she didn't pull out some auth'd throwing knife and kill me or anyone else. They raped her because they saught the opportunity.

They actually raped her because I let them while I left :3

All I said was "Keep her alive and with all five senses in tact."

Razors is a strong girl anyways, the rape didn't much affect her from what I've noticed.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 11:38:34 AM »
You people and your gang-rape... Wtf is wrong with you guys?

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 11:47:45 AM »
You people and your gang-rape... Wtf is wrong with you guys?

Same thing that's wrong with anybody who cybers.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »
Nothing like a bit of good ol' gangrape. Kind of demonstrates what kind of weird shit goes on in the Outlands.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 02:25:43 PM »
I didn't touch the girl, so I didn't rape the girl. Those pysco's did all types of weird shit. Why go against Beans & Beef when they provide me with saftey and food? I don't want to bite the hand that feeds me for some female that hates me and will attempt to kill me anyway lol. I liked Old Man, but I couldn't follow his laws of the OL because they never provided for me. I never got any food, medicine, protection, or ammunition. With Beans & Beef, I got all of those items and protection. It's like trading a gold brick for a clay brick using only one reason, it's the right thing to do...

That's another thing. There are SO many rapist on OL. They were worse than I was in City. I left City to go to OL to hopefully get away from it. But no lol, it only got worse. A lot worse. If you couldn't walk as a female, you were bound to get raped. If you were a child, you were like a treasure chest. Rape was third to food, weapons, radios, kevlar, and "Rebel" groups.

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 02:33:36 PM »
Outlands isn't nearly as bad as your saying, and things are going to change when the server comes up for the best.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 02:45:56 PM »
I myself prefer Outlands greatly over city. Reason being, after almost 2 years of playing HL2RP, city RP is the same thing over and over again. Clean up that street. Fix that wall. Line up so I can cavity check you. There's not a whole lot of room for modulation in the city. In outlands, you have a much wider area of freedom to do what you want. You can make friends, start a business, go on adventures, build a scrapper tank that shoots rocks with pneumatics. Whatever you want. Its survival RP as well so there's always something to do like collect water, go hunting, gather fruits/vegetables, or upkeep the shelter. There's no sitting, waiting around for something to happen (unless you lack imagination) passive RPing in your home or sitting on a bench.

TL;DR, I prefer Outlands because there's more room to do what you want and there is ALWAYS something to do, even if you're alone.

P.S. If you get bored on outlands cause there's "nothing to do" then look forward to some things I have in store for the server.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »
Outlands isn't nearly as bad as your saying, and things are going to change when the server comes up for the best.

I don't mean what i'm saying in a bad way. My intention was for it to be in a positive manner. If you like action mixed with passive RP, then by god it's on OL. If you want passive and resistance roleplay, then by god it's on City. It's a good server i'll admit, so is City when you find the right places and people. Elitism is a slight problem on both servers, but it's in our nature. But, rape is a good opportunity for some combat RP....I know it sounds just wrong on all levels. But an opinion is never right nor wrong.

Offline Vandal??¢

• :.())0_/\_0(().:
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 11:51:49 AM »
I enjoy City. I've never been a fan of Outlands, and I'm not sure why. City always has minges, and it's unavoidable, the minges stay because they have an area they understand and know, and they know they can run around and fuck with everything because people will always see it within an enclosed area (being the city). The Outlands, I'm not a fan of for the same reason that minges avoid it, it's too big for me. Minges avoid it because they have no clue where they're going, and after a bit it's like they're playing single player, so they leave.
This isn't a thread about minges, wtf am I doing.
I like City because of how diverse it is with citizens personalities, there's insane ones, sick ones, angry, happy, sad, kind. Whilst in OL, I saw insane, angry, and comedic. I was on there for a few hours, and it just wasn't for me. Also because I'm terrible at resistance RP, and when I try to RP with any restistance- ish person, there's always an awkward silence, cause I got nothin' to talk about.
I like City, yes.
Wha- Me?! But Stross said we could destroy the Marker!
Not if we consume you first!
God dammit, I trusted you! FUCK YOU! AND FUCK YOUR MARKER!

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 04:11:02 PM »
I really don't get it. Everyone is always talking about how there so much Cyber and Rape going on in both City and Outlands and I have never once seen any sign of it and I played both pretty frequently. The only case of actual cyber I've ever seen was on City and that was with minges. WHERE THE HELL AM I WHEN ALL THIS IS HAPPENING?!

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »
I really don't get it. Everyone is always talking about how there so much Cyber and Rape going on in both City and Outlands and I have never once seen any sign of it and I played both pretty frequently. The only case of actual cyber I've ever seen was on City and that was with minges. WHERE THE HELL AM I WHEN ALL THIS IS HAPPENING?!

Asleep? Possibilty.

In my opinion, both servers have their pros and cons.
Fuck yes, you can rape on Outlands, how fun is it to stare at a fully dressed, ragdoll woman, doing nothing else than typing? Maybe for some it's fun, maybe for some they imagine it,which is the reason we all are here.
Hell, if I were here to stare at cartoonish figures, staring at each others for 30 minutes, I would have left LONG ago. But heck no, I'm here to imagine. I'm using my brain, to imagine what I'd like to see. Fuck yes, I imagine my unit rip out a persons spine, to use it as a jewelry. No, that's not possible, but I can do it on a RP server. I imagine what is possible for me and what isn't. Both servers gives a mix.

City, what does it gives me?
Yes, what does it give you? Endless 24/7 patrol circling jerks, beating down people if they laugh? Not what I see. I see a community, I see a living society on that single server, no matter how many there is. I can taste the fear, when experienced players bumbs into a high ranked unit and he / she is a secret rebel. I do like the City server a lot. It's my favourite and I can't wait for it to get up and running again. Not because I want to see circle jerks, but because I want to devolop my CmD unit. If anyone knew her from the start, they would know how much she have changed. And that's what I want to do.
Citizen in city. Yes, it's fun to be a secret black market dealer or toy around with the civil protection team. I even remember when I set up a slight "murder puzzle" for the CCA to take care of. It sent them running around the entire city and ended up in an apartment. They did not find the murder but a body and several clues. That gave enough roleplay for both APEX, NOVA and GRID to fix it all up, clean and track the murderer down, which of course was me. Rinia was possible my best city AC, who managed to stay hidden in around 3-4 months and selling black market stuff, till she eventually got discovered on the street. So no, the posibilities is not low, but high. You need your imagination.

Outlands, what does it give me?
OMG, REBELS, VEST, GUNS, AMMUNITION, NUKE WAR, OMG, LOL <-- No. I don't get why people think it's that way?
I've got an Anti-Citizen on Outlands, which like a lot of others do. Yes, she runs around with weapons, kevlar and basic survival stuff, but that does not mean my character is an elite badass, who can 1-shit, 360, no-scope a fucking strider. Yes, she acts tough, but if it really comes to it, she isn't harder than a newborn rabbit, hiding beneath her mother from the bloodhound. But that is what it requires mostly to be outside, where there's monsters, aliens, over technological humans, trying to murder you on sight. You do it for survival.
My own character isn't that social as she could be, because I devoloped her that way. I want her to watch, not being watched. I've never traded with anyone, because the challenge in my opinion, is to gather the stuff yourself. Berries, fruits, shrooms, water, flesh, whatever you can find in the wild. That's what it requires to survive and that's what I like.
Yes, outlands resistance isn't that secret but heck, try and outsmart them and I know how well defended, prepared and tactically advanced they are. 1 gets in trouble, the rest comes to help if they're good friends. That form for teamwork, have I yet to seen in even the  CCA, unless it's fucking called over the radio and units are nearly DEMANDED there by HC.
I'm an Elite OTA VANGAURD unit and wtf, I was amazed one time we were "discovered." They literally had scouts out for us, reporting in over the main channel to the rest of the population. They were smart enough not to engage and we were smart enough to know, it would be a horrible idea if we did. We were 3 against around 20 people, with 6-7 of them having guns. Yes, I've got a thick armor, I've got the pulse fucking rifle, but that does NOT mean I can't be injuried or afraid. When we were waiting for that helicopter? I was shaking my pants if they would make an ambush on us, because I knew I could die.

Comparation?
Haven't gotten it yet? You can't compare the 2 servers, as they both are great and gives opportunities for people's likes. Wanna be secret, agent smuggling person? Go city. Want to be more "outstanding" and free? Outlands it is.

Edit: I'm sorry if I sound mad, which I bet I do. I'm currently tired and I think I got a bit "raged up" doing the typing. I'm not mad at anyone, just... Weird. :3
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:04:53 PM by Challenge of death sex<3 »

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 07:13:48 PM »

Impossible. How.

Just walk into the d6 apartments and you will see like 5 /me's going off of rape lol.

ANYWAYS,

I like both it really just depends who is playing on OL and how many. I've found that on OL some people can be a little more mean than city, but city generally has more minges. I'd play OL a lot more if more people played it though.

Tldr both are good
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 07:46:09 PM »

Impossible. How.

Just walk into the d6 apartments and you will see like 5 /me's going off of rape lol.

ANYWAYS,

I like both it really just depends who is playing on OL and how many. I've found that on OL some people can be a little more mean than city, but city generally has more minges. I'd play OL a lot more if more people played it though.

Tldr both are good

Well most of the time there's some bit of a population in Outlands, unless you live in a wonky time zone. From what I've noticed, much of the playerbase is GMT -5 to GMT -7, so that might be a reason. But yeah, as soon as the server starts up the RP deprived outlanders will be back, so be sure to join while it's populated.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Semiorph

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
I even remember when I set up a slight "murder puzzle" for the CCA to take care of. It sent them running around the entire city and ended up in an apartment. They did not find the murder but a body and several clues. That gave enough roleplay for both APEX, NOVA and GRID to fix it all up, clean and track the murderer down, which of course was me
I believe I participated in that with my unit. That was great fun.

Anyway, for me I never really played much on Outlands due to the fact that I was missing a load of textures, and that I was focusing basically all of my time that I spent gaming on my unit. Then I burnt myself out and neglected him for a couple months and now he's gone, much to my dismay. I'm going to have to go with City as my preference, due mostly to the fact that's the only one I played.  I really only ever played one citizen, who was a loyalist for a couple months before I got accepted to become a unit and I had some pretty interesting experiences and encounters, albeit they weren't very consistent. Once, an explosion occurred in the UCH which sent shrapnel flying into a buddy of mine. I had to help in out and then a couple of other as well.

The most fun started when I got my unit. I began having very consistent RP experiences that I will remember for a long time. Such as an infection spreading throughout the population. We had to quarantine the citizens in the UCH rooms and I ended up lagging behind and I was left in there to fend for myself until command was able to send backup. Still, these were events that were set up, so on an average day it was much less exciting. Even still, not counting the events that occurred, playing as a loyalist citizen wasn't consistently interesting, whilst playing as a unit was.

I never tried out the AC or resistance side of RP, so I can't say anything about that or Outlands. But from the way some people are talking about it. I'd bet I'd have a blast playing that side as well.
HL2RP Characters
CCA.C45.APEX-02.929: Maintaing sociostabilty

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal