Author Topic: [WIP] RP_City38 - suggestions pls # RIGHT CLICK > OPEN IMAGE IN NEW TAB  (Read 52472 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [WIP] RP_City38 - suggest features please
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 11:23:29 PM »
Alright, so I've whipped up a few ideas for some things that'd be cool to have in this new, amazing city that we'll be having! I've done my best to kind of organize them into sections, as well as how much I'd be dieing to see something like that in the map itself. So,here we go:

Infrastructure:
   *Actual roads. Too be honest, the roads that exist in many maps I see don't look like roads used for vehicles at all. Unless you're basing the city of a not as modern layout as some cities, then I could see that. But very few roads that I see in maps look like they ever supported mechanized transport.
   *A church, preferably an Orthodox one. If the map is based in Eastern Europe, the previous human town wasbound to have an Orthodox church in it. I heard that in the new City 45 update there was something like it, and it'd be nice if this city were to have one as well. It'd really help to promote the question of religion in the Union occupied universe.
   *A HL2 Nexus, you know, like the one from the game. Kinda like what Pettit said. It'd be nice to have a Nexus that doesn't look like a metal box.

Detail-Stuff:
    *Snow! Don't know if you're already doing this, but a snow themed map would be nice. Afterall, we are in Eastern Europe during winter. Aside from that fact, a snowy enviornment provides a lot of different roleplaying opportunities for people (because who doesn't want to pelt 03109 and see if they can get away?)
    *Make everything aside from the plaza seem less open. I know when I went through HL2 recently (after I actually appreciated it for more than the boom bang pow kill some combine), I tended to notice that the one thing Resistance membersand humanity as a whole was the general confined spaces they fought in. Buildings, alleys, outer districts. They all felt much more confined. Open areas like the plaza, the Nexus area, huge roadsways, etc were the Union's domain.

Random Stuff:
   *Speciality spawn room like Ineu Pass? Because I know that might help solve the whole "oh well the cca only got my anti-citizen because i had to run through p1" problem. Anti-citizens wouldn't have to spawn in a trainstation that the Union obviously controls, and you wouldn't have as many awkward moments that ICly wouldn't have happened. Loyalists could spawn in at the apartments, anti-citizens in P3 or whatever their domain is. To implement that idea a bit further, maybe make only new characters/new players spawn in the trainstation, and have everyone else spawn in that magic teleporter room?
   *Make the ration terminal and the trainstation one. You don't really need a whole new building for rations, it just takes up so much extra space for shop, apartments, parks, etc. The RDT didn't really get used to often, and combining rations with the trainstation would make use of some space that isn't used to often (IE: give it more IC value).

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 09:47:30 AM »
Cool decals Oz, glad to see the map is progressing well. I would like to see some less-open areas as well, like some confined alleyways and slummy areas off from the beaten path, similar to the alleyways off from the main road in C11.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 12:18:02 PM »
How much for my own decal??? jk jk

On the topic of the church, perhaps it could be filled with Union propaganda, literally covering almost all the building, the church could actually look good because it can be a "shrine" to the Universal Union. The church could have been re-purposed into a house of propaganda and worship of the Combine... What better way to control people than through faith!

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 07:50:39 PM »
More decals:
Click to see the original size.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »
The new decals look very nice. Good job!
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline {-=ECRP-CO=-}Pvt.Benjamen

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 11:08:45 PM »
is this map only availibile 2 g0ld members? ???
C45.RCT.S1.865: Status: Fine] Recently shot in the foot by 21100 Whilst training in the Killhouse, Was treated by an S4 Unit, Is patrolling the Plaza and just recently clamped P3 With an 05.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 11:19:16 PM »
is this map only availibile 2 g0ld members? ???

What? No...lol....This map is most likely going to be used for the HL2RP server.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 12:06:57 AM »
If you make the map have snow by default the falling snow can be handled by the script. Would be nice to have something different for once
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 12:35:55 AM »
If you make the map have snow by default the falling snow can be handled by the script. Would be nice to have something different for once

As in, have the script be able to turn the falling snow on and off?

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 12:47:32 AM »
I have a suggestion, what if the Scanner and like in the grid control room there would be Computers, and when the scanner takes pictures, it  transmits like a jpeg to the screen and the grid guys can look at it and report stuff,etc EPICC!
C45.RCT.S1.865: Status: Fine] Recently shot in the foot by 21100 Whilst training in the Killhouse, Was treated by an S4 Unit, Is patrolling the Plaza and just recently clamped P3 With an 05.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 12:50:54 AM »
I have a suggestion, what if the Scanner and like in the grid control room there would be Computers, and when the scanner takes pictures, it  transmits like a jpeg to the screen and the grid guys can look at it and report stuff,etc EPICC!

Too much time, effort and entities that could be dedicated somewhere else.

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 02:25:09 AM »
i have a question, in the artifical inteligence video, it says network intrustion, i mean how does this work? what importance does it have, like how would the sound come up if like some rebel or something 'did something' like put a "plug" into some wall or something for example, would that sound come up? unless theres reason for it theres really no point for it :P
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:27:39 AM by Pvt.Benjamen »

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 02:32:24 AM »
i have a question, in the artifical inteligence video, it says network intrustion, i mean how does this work? what importance does it have, like how would the sound come up if like some rebel or something 'did something' like put a "plug" into some wall or something for example, would that sound come up? unless theres reason for it theres really no point for it :P

It's part of the embedded event control system which will also be featured in City 45 when the server opens. The button is activated from a remote location and /event's will elaborate on why/how this occurred and what the effects of it are.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 03:06:43 AM »
I was thinking perhaps for a link to the outlands, there could perhaps be a hidden tunnel somewhere that would lead just outside of the city walls, and you'd walk ahead from the exit of the tunnel and you would find a little outpost in an abandoned football pitch, like a small urban one partially covered in equipment and computers and partially covered by vegetation, maybe trees that would cover it from people looking down (helicopters etc). Just a thought, think it will look nice if its pulled off right.

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 06:02:22 AM »
I was thinking perhaps for a link to the outlands, there could perhaps be a hidden tunnel somewhere that would lead just outside of the city walls, and you'd walk ahead from the exit of the tunnel and you would find a little outpost in an abandoned football pitch, like a small urban one partially covered in equipment and computers and partially covered by vegetation, maybe trees that would cover it from people looking down (helicopters etc). Just a thought, think it will look nice if its pulled off right.

then everyone who passes it will rply get computer parts,etc and over 10000000 people will say, come here i got computerz lulz lets go watch y000tube

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal