Author Topic: Richard Sherlock's Character Sheet  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Richard Sherlock's Character Sheet
« on: December 08, 2012, 06:10:49 PM »
Richard Sherlock's Character Profile

Character Background:

Richard was born in 1981 in a premature birth. His mother and father were a wealthy family that both held steady and extremely well paid jobs in the inner workings of the British government. Richard was diagnosed with an exceptional IQ for his age at 10 years old; his parents decided that they would tend to this talent by supporting Sherlock's education with rigorous tutoring and study. Because of his tendency to notice things mixed with the slight autism, which was responsible for his intellect, Sherlock did not have many friends during his childhood; nor did he ever have any kind of relationship growing up.

Throughout his ascent to adulthood, Sherlock would maintain his IQ and continue to push it's limits by writing studies and papers on a myriad of subjects; philosophy, history, English, maths and several European languages. It was around this time in which he became obsessed with the workings of Law and Order; he went on to develop an interest in criminal sciences. At the age of 20 and with a schooling career with references from the very best tutors in the country, Sherlock graduated from Oxford with his degree in Criminal Justice at 24 and then went on to study two years to earn a position as DCI of the West Metropolitan Police force, in this course he was trained in some basic self-defence, he pursued it even after the course was over; the art of unarmed combat was one of a most interesting concept to Sherlock, it focussed on power from stance and manipulating your enemy. 

Richard was responsible for one of the biggest reductions in crime London had ever seen; a dramatic drop in everything from petty street crime to organized crime and smuggling. Richard's perception and intellect was an asset to him and the entire force; he was famed in the papers as "London's Finest". However Richard himself was a socially awkward and egotistical man who would often-outright reject social events or any form of interaction, he was far too frustrated with his work.

But in 2010 Richard unearthed a case more elaborate than any he had encountered before, one so intricate that it had evaded even him for years; a web of lies and corruption that had been sewn in the shadows while Sherlock had been concentrating on cleaning London. This corruption was made of a complex number of syndicate crime cells working with several of the Police Brass to evict Richard from his place in return for a cut of the cell's operation profits. It was a plan Richard had noticed too late, to Richard, there was only one option he could take.

Richard resigned from DCI in late 2010, for reasons undisclosed. He sank into a deep depression that was to last two years; he hid away from the public and cut his even basic ties to his few friends and family. He became a hermit, living in the forgotten edges of modern society. That was until 2012 when he decided he would start a consulting agency for those seeking legal help against criminals that plan eventually evolved and Richard became a Private Investigator. He loved his work; he became more obsessed with it then when he was a DCI, he felt so much closer to his cases then before, he almost felt a strange enjoyment from cracking cases, the rush of euphoria from deciphering the cryptic mistakes of a criminal. In this time Richard once again practised in H2H combat, he even went as far as to enter a few fights in the underground scenes he would often stalk in search of criminals.

It was in 2015 that the world was changed forever; the Portal Storms and the Seven Hour War erupted out of the ashes of the Black Mesa Incident; with dire consequences for the planet. Sherlock was rounded up and processed in the aftermath; he had survived with only minor wounds from the fighting. He was relocated to City Twelve; a city formally known as Berlin, there he lived with his fellow citizens in poverty and desperation. In the bleak winters he hid in his apartment along with several others, whom he shared the squalid room with, they sat around open fires, silent and cold, Sherlock was glad that his suitcase still contained his coat, the fact he still had it was also remarkable considering most citizens were separated from their luggage. In the spring of 2016, Richard had decided that the only way to rid his life of the Union was to resist, he joined the Berlin movement; a covert and discreet network of citizens seeking to overthrow the CCA of C12 by providing food and water to the population in return for information and spread of anti-UU propaganda. The plan seemed to be working until one week in the summer of 2016; an elite division of the CCA captured a key member, shortly after the movement was hit by a series of brutal strikes of OTA and parasite shelling. With the resistance in disarray, Sherlock and a band of members made for the early "underground railroad" out of the city.

The journey across the wilds was one of many hardships; Richard's band grew fewer by the week and although Sherlock was able to defend himself with his fighting skill from creatures like wolves and the occasional crazed refugee, they were useless against SYNTH and OTA that pursued them. Some of Richard's group starved to death, some died of illness or Overwatch sweeps. In the end it was just Sherlock. Distraught by grief, exhausted from travel and weakened by the escapes over the past few months, Sherlock stumbled blindly into Ineu Pass before collapsing in the town of Belles, he spent days in the Inn, recovering from his travels. He plans to stay in this sheltered pass for as long as he feels necessary; the communities around the pass seem livelier than those of Sherlock's past. Perhaps he may even try to settle in this place...

*One month later*

The sun drew to high noon as Sherlock crept through the forests of Ineu, towards the hillside path leading out into the mountains. Sherlock's genius was wasted in this barren and desolate place; the inhabitants were hostile and numb to his wisdom. Sherlock was never contacted for his services as an investigator, nor could he find a quiet spot to think. Sherlock had decided to leave... but where? A number of places crossed his mind; he heard that Spain was lovely this time of year... however that was far too many miles from Ineu. Sherlock had heard many refugees talking about a City Sector not far from the pass, it was apparently accessible via a mountain road to the south that lead to a drainage facility, through this facility's water tunnels, it leads through the Sector defenses and under the City walls, arriving at City 45. Richard had been thinking back to his days in City 12, when he was a member of the Berlin Movement; he remembered the feelings of hope it gave him and his fellow members, he yearned to see the Union's grasp on the planet dwindle and vanish, Sherlock knew that he wouldn't be able to do that alone in some godforsaken pass in the middle of nowhere. He had to take the struggle to the heart of the enemy, he had to raise a following in the shadow of the citadel and then make the Union feel the last possible emotion they can feel behind their masks of imprisonment: Fear. They will feel fear at last, fear of those that they have oppressed for so long and they will remember us.

Character name: Richard Sherlock
Citizen Identification Number: #285591 (City 12)
Physical Description IC'ly: Wears a sweeping black coat that trails to his ankles|Face covered by blue rag|Muffled English accent|Tall|Curly black hair
Gender/Sex: Male
Approximate age: 36
Country originated from: Britain
Current location: Eastern Europe, Combine controlled Sector, City 45, outskirts.
Accent: English

Hair color: Black
Eye color: Blue
Face marks (i.e. scratches, bruises, scars): N/A
Facial hair (males only): Slight grizzled beard brought on by life on the outskirts of the city.
Hair design (short cutted, curly, ponytail, etc): Curly, messy.

Mental condition: Richard is incredibly egotistical, his hatred for the Union's tyrannical regime is the only thing that keeps him focused on the tasks at hand.   
Physical condition: Due his circle of friends who happen to have supply routes with Ineu Pass, he is able to maintain a frugal but nourishing diet, thus he is able to continue tuning his combat performance.

Character look-a-like image
Spoiler for Hiden:

Character theme
Spoiler for Hiden:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGH-4jQZRcc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGH-4jQZRcc</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4h7NGMz2RI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4h7NGMz2RI</a>

Clothing, protective armour, markings (i.e. tattoos, scars)
Head: A blue face-wrap made from a scarf.
Torso: A black vest sewn onto a Citizen upper torso uniform and a sweeping black coat which trails to the top of his ankles, a silver pocket watch (broken).
Arms: Long sleeves on both the coat and shirt.
Hands: N/A
Legs: Denim jumpsuit leggings hidden usually by the coat.
Feet: Pointed black shoes.

Weaponry:
Favourite weapon of choice: Hand-To-Hand
Equipment: Sherlock does not own a firearm as he doesn't deem it necessary.

In-game suffering information
Suffering from? (diseases, broken limbs, intoxication, etc): Richard is a "High functioning sociopath"
Lost limbs and/or parts?: N/A
Skills, perks and/or traits of the character: Highly perceptive, extremely intelligent and has advanced hand-to-hand skills.
Weaknesses and/or severe flaws:
-Extreme Intelligence
Makes Sherlock anti-social at best, he rejects most company and distances himself from others.

-Highly Perceptive
Richard may focus too much on small irrelevant details and ultimately miss the important things.

-Advanced H2H skill
Only as good as Sherlock's nutrition and diet allows for it to be, not to be used for attacking purposes, more suited for defense.

When faced with failure, Sherlock blames others, regarding himself as superior to most and especially the Union. However he bares a sense of comradeship to Anti-Citizens who are smart and realize the delicacy of their art.

Character Quotes:

-"You wouldn't understand, you see but do not observe."
-"Perfect impersonation of an idiot."
-"Vatican cameos."
-"Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring."
-"The core foundations of all government structure is tyranny."
-"Guardian, please don't talk aloud, you lower the IQ of the whole city."

Thanks to STALKER and Tray for the format, love you bbys
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:59:17 PM by The 11th Doctor »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Richard Sherlock's Character Sheet
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 11:23:41 AM »
This backstory is a disgrace. Terrible. If I could give is a rating lower than 0/10 I would. Oh wait, I can! -10/10! Hooray! (I kid)

In all seriousness though, well done. Very nice and if anything...a bit on the intimidating side...  :-X

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 10:01:49 PM »
A detective from the UK... Shit, i guess i'll have to watch out for one more thing out there :P

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 10:03:03 PM »
Thanks to STALKER for the format, love you bby

Love you too man. Love you too.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 08:03:49 AM »
EDIT: Character quotes section added.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 06:55:02 PM »
I believe Stalker got parts of his character sheet from mine, you son of a bitch.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 06:56:59 PM »
Don't hit me! I will change it!! AAAAAH!

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 08:24:04 PM »
Don't hit me! I will change it!! AAAAAH!

I lerf you. Thanks <3
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal