Author Topic: Crashed My Car  (Read 2854 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Crashed My Car
« on: November 16, 2012, 10:27:59 PM »
So this morning (November 16) on the way to school I lost control of my vehicle. How is beyond me, I felt a big bump like I hit a pothole and then I was spinning out. I finally went off the road into a bunch of trees and crushed my front bumper and fender. Problem is, I don't have collision on my insurance, so any damage costs come out of pocket.   

That's not the bad part that I'm worried about, though. Yes, it is bad of course, but it's the law I have to deal with. I made the dumbass mistake of leaving the scene and going to school and left my car there to get towed after school. I should have stayed, I know, but I didn't know. I panicked. Anyway, a cop drove by a noticed my car there on the side of the road. I was sitting in 2nd hour and got called down to my school officer's office. Turns out my car got impounded and fleeing the scene of an accident is a misdemeanor.

Luckily enough, the cop said I was a nice kid and since I had good grades, he changed my ticket a bit. Instead of getting a misdemeanor, he wrote me a citation for "Driving too fast in unsafe road conditions." I still have to go to court, but it sure is a lot better than having a misdemeanor. I do hope he doesn't show up to court, as if he doesn't my ticket gets tossed and wiped off my record.

On the other hand, my neighbor just so happens to be a cop. He knows me well, and has done good as an officer. I'm hoping I can talk to him about getting the officer to not show up, or at least getting my ticket changed to swerving to miss a deer(It is deer season here). If he can get the ticket changed to that, my insurance company will cover my damage even though I don't have collision.

If worst comes to worst, I will have to sell my car and take the loss. $220 to get my car from the impound lot, and then there is court fees and the actually ticket I will have to pay. It could have been worst, as I was lucky I could get my car to go in between two trees instead of into one.

So yeah, I hope I don't have to sell my car. If I do, well, I'll be down $1500-$2000 and won't have a car. I can definitely say I am thankful for having that cop change the ticket around. It saves me a bunch of problems, time, and money.

Offline Drexlord ????????³ ????Ó??·??

• Your Gay Test Came Back...You Scored A Rainbow
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Crashed My Car
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 11:59:43 PM »
Sorry to hear that wake, how long did you have it? Hey life is bullshit am I right, anyway good luck fixing it and getting your money back.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 05:26:36 AM »
Sucks but at least you've not paid for this with your life. Hope you get everything sorted :-)
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 09:11:48 AM »
I'm just glad I'm okay. I've only had the car for about a month and I've already had one flat tire and now this. This just proves you never know what can happen in life :/

At least a guy with a nice Jeep stopped to try and help me. It was lifted and had a winch, but there was a fence post in the way and he just couldn't get around it. Going to look at the damage today in the daylight and see what needs to be replaced. If it's less than $800 to get the parts and I can do it myself, I'll do it. If it's a lot of money I may just sell the car for cheap and take the loss.

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 01:45:30 PM »
Glad that you are ok, my brother had a wreck just a few days ago as well.

On the night of November 12 around 7:20pm, my bro picked me up to go to some midnight release events at gamestop for black ops 2.  It takes around 30 minutes to get there and around halfway there a deer came in the middle of the road and my brother hit it, it died on impact, and then my bro went into the ditch.  We called our grandpa to come look at it and see if he could get us out, he got there and we were too deep in the ditch and would probably cause damage to the car.  We called the cops over there, they came and looked at the car and the deer, they asked if we wanted the deer, we said no so they called around and one of our friends came by and signed for the deer and took it home.  Anyways, we had to call a wrecker to come get the car, we had 3 cop cars and officers directing traffic for around an hour.  The only damages were some plastic, and of course we had to pay for the tow, so yeah not nay major damages.  My grandpa said I was lucky though because the deer almost hit my side of the windshield, and he said that if it went through my windshield and started kicking that it's like being stabbed with a knife.  My grandpa had had 2 different situations with a deer, one was when he worked for wildlife and a deer jumped over a fence but doe couldn't jump over the fence to get to it's mom, so my grandpa tried to help it, he lifted it up but one of it's legs got loose and he hit his hand and broke it, this doe was only around a week old as well.  The other was him barely hitting a full grown deer, did nothing to it but ended up paying $2,500 for damages.  So yeah lucky for us no one was hurt, nor were there any damages except for some plastic.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal