Author Topic: Ocular Migraines  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Mr. Pettit

Ocular Migraines
« on: November 03, 2012, 11:15:41 PM »
Hello everyone. So for a couple of years, I've been having these strange migraines. I was walking home from school in October of 2010 if I recall when my vision became blurry. Over time when I finally got home and situated myself, I lost my vision in some areas and I saw flashing lights/lines and I got a piercing pain in my eyes. No clue why this happened out of the blue, but it did. I walk 4 miles each day to and from school so I thought it might be from dehydration or something. Now, I didn't get another until probably 4 months later. I usually get like 4 a year when I am not doing anything that triggers them within my control. When I played football for my school however, I got them a lot and it made me not really able to enjoy myself with the fear of getting one. They still occur to this day and I know now that they are called ocular migraines. If I physically exert myself beyond the point that I need to stop and rest, I get one. Sometimes I get them from sitting. I don't know what I get them from and I really would like to. Might be from stress, staring at a computer screen too long, diet.. I don't know, but if you guys know anything I'd appreciate some help. Last one I got was 2 days ago out of the blue while on my computer and they really do rustle my jimmies.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 11:19:21 PM by Mr. Pettit?® »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ocular Migraines
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 11:57:21 PM »
Its partially due to the nerves in your spine. I'd recommend talking to your doctor about it.

Offline Mr. Pettit

Re: Ocular Migraines
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 10:01:35 PM »
Thanks RTLK, I think i'll go to the doctor soon. At least I know what might be the problem now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal