Author Topic: Same sex marriage  (Read 31769 times)

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Same sex marriage
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2012, 10:31:32 PM »
All the people above giving me and people who dislike gays shit about being close minded, don't assume that everyone who hates gays is some redneck living in his trailer. I'm very open minded and have quite a few liberal friends that I enjoy debating with. I have a bunch of radical ideas and beliefs but that doesn't mean I'm uneducated or disgusting, it just means my opinions differ  from yours.
Homosexuality and gay marriage is real simple to me...

Homosexuality:
- You don't choose to be gay. How do I know? I'm gay and I didn't wake up one morning and decide to like dick. It just happened.
- If two guys being happy with each other disgusts you, then you disgust me. You need to fucking learn to tolerate people if you want to survive in modern society. Does a black guy and a white girl having a relationship disgust you? I mean really, your arguments sound like those of supporters of segregation in the 1960s.

Gay marriage:
- Religion has no place in a debate on gay marriage for two reasons: the First Amendment, marriage in the Bible often involved multiple wives, concubines, and slaves.
- There are so many (nearly a hundred) benefits to marriage, and it's unfair to restrict that to a man and a woman.
- Don't like gay marriage? Don't marry your own sex! It's really that simple.

Homosexuality:
-I agree not a choice, nobody in their right mind would choose to be gay as you end up being the subject of hate and abuse.
-That's like saying I'm disgusted at people who hate spiders or snakes. I didn't choose to hate gays any more than you chose to be gay. I personally don't have an issue with black/white relationships.

Gay Marriage:
-The First Ammendment is actually a reason Religion does have a say in it, in that it says the government cannot make laws restricting the practices of religion, AKA, forcing churches to marry gay couples. Also you are implying that having multiple wives, concubines, and  slaves is bad. You are asking people to allow gays to marry, despite how the government will not allow bigomy despite its religious nature, so I could say YOU disgust me because you are trying to insult peoples choices of marriage while only defending your own.
-Marriage was, is, and always should be between a man and a woman. I've previously  stated it, you want a legally recognized union, get it done by government officials and name it something else, like civil union. Keep religion out of it.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2012, 10:35:48 PM »
All the people above giving me and people who dislike gays shit about being close minded, don't assume that everyone who hates gays is some redneck living in his trailer. I'm very open minded and have quite a few liberal friends that I enjoy debating with. I have a bunch of radical ideas and beliefs but that doesn't mean I'm uneducated or disgusting, it just means my opinions differ  from yours.

Homosexuality:
- You don't choose to be gay. How do I know? I'm gay and I didn't wake up one morning and decide to like dick. It just happened.
- If two guys being happy with each other disgusts you, then you disgust me. You need to fucking learn to tolerate people if you want to survive in modern society. Does a black guy and a white girl having a relationship disgust you? I mean really, your arguments sound like those of supporters of segregation in the 1960s.

Gay marriage:
- Religion has no place in a debate on gay marriage for two reasons: the First Amendment, marriage in the Bible often involved multiple wives, concubines, and slaves.
- There are so many (nearly a hundred) benefits to marriage, and it's unfair to restrict that to a man and a woman.

Homosexuality:
-I agree not a choice, nobody in their right mind would choose to be gay as you end up being the subject of hate and abuse.
-That's like saying I'm disgusted at people who hate spiders or snakes. I didn't choose to hate gays any more than you chose to be gay. I personally don't have an issue with black/white relationships.

Gay Marriage:
-The First Ammendment is actually a reason Religion does have a say in it, in that it says the government cannot make laws restricting the practices of religion, AKA, forcing churches to marry gay couples. Also you are implying that having multiple wives, concubines, and  slaves is bad. You are asking people to allow gays to marry, despite how the government will not allow bigomy despite its religious nature, so I could say YOU disgust me because you are trying to insult peoples choices of marriage while only defending your own.
-Marriage was, is, and always should be between a man and a woman. I've previously  stated it, you want a legally recognized union, get it done by government officials and name it something else, like civil union. Keep religion out of it.

Homosexuality:
- You're taught to hate, you're not born with hate.

Gay Marriage:
- No politician is suggesting that churches be forced to marry. Therefore, no, religion does not belong in the argument. We're discussing civil marriage, not religious marriage.
- In history, same sex marriage has happened. (Wikipedia) You must recognize before debating this that marriage is much older than the Christian faith.
Live free or die

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2012, 10:58:06 PM »

Homosexuality:

Gay marriage:

Homosexuality:

Gay Marriage:

Homosexuality:

Gay Marriage:
- No politician is suggesting that churches be forced to marry. Therefore, no, religion does not belong in the argument. We're discussing civil marriage, not religious marriage.
- In history, same sex marriage has happened. (Wikipedia) You must recognize before debating this that marriage is much older than the Christian faith.

To be funny and loosen up some tension.

It's hilariously ironic that your sig is Face Down, Ass Up and you're supporting gay marriage.

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2012, 11:04:33 PM »

Homosexuality:

Gay marriage:

Homosexuality:

Gay Marriage:

Homosexuality:

Gay Marriage:

It's hilariously ironic that your sig is Face Down, Ass Up and you're supporting gay marriage.
My ex-boyfriend, when we were still dating, sent it to me as advise for my first day of high school :3
Live free or die

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2012, 11:10:58 PM »

Homosexuality:

Gay marriage:

Homosexuality:

Gay Marriage:

Homosexuality:

Gay Marriage:

My ex-boyfriend, when we were still dating, sent it to me as advise for my first day of high school :3

Good advice. I now give him slight props. But the purpose of the joke was to point out....the ironic homosexuality....if you're a male at all....idk i'm confusing myself.

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2012, 11:19:41 PM »

Homosexuality:

Gay marriage:

Homosexuality:

Gay Marriage:

Homosexuality:

Gay Marriage:

Good advice. I now give him slight props. But the purpose of the joke was to point out....the ironic homosexuality....if you're a male at all....idk i'm confusing myself.
Yea, I'm male. In case you couldn't tell from my avatar, I'm gay.

Back on topic please, though.
Live free or die

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2012, 11:37:52 PM »

Homosexuality:

Gay marriage:

Homosexuality:

Gay Marriage:

Homosexuality:

Gay Marriage:

Yes, erm sorry. Didn't mean for it to drag off topic (I also thought the avatar was a joke my apologies.)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2012, 01:28:28 AM »

Thanks for the support and defense of the morality of the situation.

and for helping me man up to coming out

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2012, 01:51:35 AM »
make love, not war

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeCLwtWbhEs" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeCLwtWbhEs</a>

that's the video that inspired my first reply...
o7

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2012, 01:29:40 AM »
loving the religious people in this thread who don't want to give people equality on the basis their beliefs derive from a book made 2000 years ago

everybody should have the right to get married regardless of gender or sexuality inc transexuals and the like, marriage in the past was considered more of a religious union together but today it's nothing like that, there's only a hint of religion to some marriages (not everybody gets married in a church) and hence so they shouldn't have the ability to say who can get married and who can't.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2012, 12:00:11 PM »
Can someone explain to me why people follow the traditions of male-female only marriages in the bible but not the messed up shit that the bible teaches and approves of such as slavery and murder? I was under the impression you were supposed to follow all the teachings of God, but I wouldn't really know. It's a shame people are being denied marriage because of a questionable Deity whose existence cannot actually be genuinely proved.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2012, 12:06:40 PM »
Can someone explain to me why people follow the traditions of male-female only marriages in the bible but not the messed up shit that the bible teaches and approves of such as slavery and murder? I was under the impression you were supposed to follow all the teachings of God, but I wouldn't really know. It's a shame people are being denied marriage because of a questionable Deity whose existence cannot actually be genuinely proved.

It's funny because this pretty much nailed it. Why do we judge the world by standards set when we were isolated pockets of communities living in deserts?

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2012, 12:28:07 PM »

Homosexuality:

Gay marriage:

Homosexuality:

Gay Marriage:

Homosexuality:

Gay Marriage:

Homosexuality:
-You both cannot prove that I wasn't born with disgust for it, but you also can't prove that gay people are either. Neither has been proven either way.

Gay Marriage:
-Actually, politicians are arguing to force churches to marry gays, under similar rules to no denial of services most buisnesses ust adhere to, since churches are considered non-profit organizations. Religion has a say in this as marriage has always been a religious practice, if you really didn't care about it not being a religious union, then you wouldn't care if it had its name changed to civil union and was not performed by a church. The fact that no one supporting gay marriage so far has said that is a good idea clearly means despite all of your anti-religion behavior, you refuse to disconnect gay marriage from the church.
-While historically gay marriages have happened it is both not older than the bible, since you assumed only christians hated gays, but jewish people did too. It simply took a while for christians to become the main power in the world, but even with that the practice of banning gay marriage is much older, dating back to thousands of years B.C. back when Jesus was alive, rather than the brief span in which it was allowed during Roman times.
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2012, 02:21:18 PM »
Where in the bible, exact page, line, pargraph and so forth, does it say gay marriage is wrong?

And when did Jesus, day, month, year, context, situation, did he say "Gays are wrong"?

I genuinly want to know.

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2012, 02:31:30 PM »
Where in the bible, exact page, line, pargraph and so forth, does it say gay marriage is wrong?

And when did Jesus, day, month, year, context, situation, did he say "Gays are wrong"?

I genuinly want to know.

There may be more but I don't really  know the bible so I just looked a few up.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Leviticus 18:22 - "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."

Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal