Author Topic: Same sex marriage  (Read 30746 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Same sex marriage
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2012, 09:49:49 PM »
What if a gay couple has no intention to have sex? Would it still be 'disgusting'?

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2012, 09:55:33 PM »
No one ever said that we'd be forcing churches to allow it, but the government would recognize gay unions as proper marriage.

Now, comparing gay people to murderers? REALLY?  REALLY?
You should slap your self for doing that. Gay people ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SPECTRUM AS MURDERERS, they don't want to cause arm, only to love the people THEY love, and have protection from the government. Comparing them to murderers is going WAY, WAY, WAY, too far.

Get married outside fo the church? I still find it disgusting but I'm sure more people would accept it if that happened.

And are you seriously saying gay people can't be murderers? That all gay people just want to love and be marry? You're either idealistic  or a fool, although I consider those practically the same thing. That asside, I was simply using murderers as an example of how your persuit of happiness can be overridden if it stomps on others. Want other examples then? Drunk driving, marajuana, public nudity, you name it.

Straight people and Christians are capable of all this you mentioned aswell

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2012, 10:12:44 PM »
They're not even frickin' close, one causes harm to other people, the other just wants the ability to legally wed.
Tell me, why should two people not be allowed to marry just because it disgust you?
They're not fucking flashing, they're not smoking pot, and they're not driving drunk, THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED stop trying to put MARRIAGE together with violent crimes, ANYONE can commit those crimes, just because they're gay doesn't make them more likely.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2012, 10:17:09 PM »
Call me out if I'm wrong but from what I'm seeing the religious people or people who have had religious upbringings seem to disagree. To me this seems bad, I respect anyone's religious believes but should these beliefs be used to stop and fight against two ordinary people from loving one another?

It wasn't really the church that taught my parents and I that homosexuality and them marrying is wrong, in fact it's never brought up in church, it's just that my parents both grew up with the values instilled in them that "Dykes and faggots are the worst of the worst." Or so it seems.

I myself, though being catholic, don't like the view that homosexuality is wrong. I mean, I'm not comfortable thinking about cocks all day long, but hey, I don't think gay men like thinking about tits and vaginas all day long, which is fair.

Being homosexual is observed in dozens of other species, and thus it is COMPLETELY natural.

As for you, GamingZealot, stop being an ignorant ass.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
I agree with same sex marriage, but you do not have to be gay to have marriage, such as Bisexuality and Bromance. But one man and another or women love each other that is not wrong, people able to order what people can and can't do is Orwellian and should not be stood upon. I myself do not care for sexuality, but I do believe that if you were to marry someone in your own gender than that is fine, but when people say it is not is what makes me angry, as people have a right to chose who they want to marry.

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2012, 10:28:49 PM »
They're not even frickin' close, one causes harm to other people, the other just wants the ability to legally wed.
Tell me, why should two people not be allowed to marry just because it disgust you?
They're not fucking flashing, they're not smoking pot, and they're not driving drunk, THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED stop trying to put MARRIAGE together with violent crimes, ANYONE can commit those crimes, just because they're gay doesn't make them more likely.

You're either incredibly dense or a kid, can't tell which. I never said the level of crime was the same, just pointing out the precident. Just because its not on the same level as murder doesn't mean the rules don't apply to it. If you read my comment at all you would know I never said the two were the same. I said I was against same sex marriage because it disgusts me, that's my opinion. Anyone CAN commit those crimes and being gay doesn't increase the chance at all, what I was pointing out is in an earlier argument you implied that every gay person was benign and free from crime, which isn't true. Finally, if you reply once again saying I'm trying to lump marriage in with violent crimes I won't waste the words replying to you. I am merely using examples to point out rules.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 10:32:16 PM »

You're either incredibly dense or a kid, can't tell which. I never said the level of crime was the same, just pointing out the precident. Just because its not on the same level as murder doesn't mean the rules don't apply to it. If you read my comment at all you would know I never said the two were the same. I said I was against same sex marriage because it disgusts me, that's my opinion. Anyone CAN commit those crimes and being gay doesn't increase the chance at all, what I was pointing out is in an earlier argument you implied that every gay person was benign and free from crime, which isn't true. Finally, if you reply once again saying I'm trying to lump marriage in with violent crimes I won't waste the words replying to you. I am merely using examples to point out rules.

What exactly do you mean by rules?

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »
I'm against marriage in general.

Marriage should be stricken completely from the government. By having marriage in the government, we bring religion into the government.

The government version of marriage, should be called a Civil Union, weather you're gay, straight, bi, whatever/

If you want to be married, you do it through your church, not through the government.

So no, I'm not against gay marriage because in certain religions, gays aren't stricken from being married

I am; however, against forcing Catholic churches to marry gay people because that would be forcing your religion down their throat.

All in all, Government = Civil Union, Religion = Marriage/Whatever the fuck your religion calls it.

I really should be a politician.

You're listening to the wrong catholics man. All anyone ever says is that we jam our religion down people's throats. Stop listening to the "BECOME A CHRISTIAN OR BURN IN HELL" guys and start listening to the EDUCATED CHRISTIANS. But all in all, I can respect that idea. I myself don't quite agree with it, but I sense some sort of good logic in it.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »
In my opinion, every human being's mind is perverted one way to another (this doesn't mean it's bad) When we have an sexual attraction to someone (or something) Is uh.. shit let me just give an example: If  male 1 is attracted to  male 2 because of let's say we call this attraction:A. In male's 1 mind is attracted by people with A, and let's say this attraction would be Male only, then in this case Male 1 would be attracted to Male 2. It's the same thing with Male being attracted to Female. (I think i made it more confusing but w/e)

I don't agree with Homosexuality but that doesn't it should be against the law, because it's a person's choice. As human beings our minds are perverted but some minds are more than others.

Now for the "Oh we were born that way." Is bullshit. If that were the case human beings would be able to produce no matter what the sex was. For example: Since Pedophilia is an sexual attraction (and an disorder) then why are they arrested if doctors considered this as a disorder? Wouldn't there be ways of keeping it to a minimum? Like autism for example, if we see symptoms at the first signs like: Unable to speak (My brother has autism and he couldn't speak until a the age of 4.), sameness, stacking. Then It can be treated with mental help. But it's an sexual attraction, so it would be the same thing as my example, it can be the same thing with other crimes that let's say Person A was going to rob Person B, this is a thought created by Person A because of something Person B owns.

TL;DR: All Sexual orientations and fetishes are all in perspective of one's mind, in this case we are all bisexuals.
How could it not be a choice? I couldn't bring myself to like dick in my ass and I'm sure a gay guy would find vagina repulsive. It's not like people wake up one day and think "I WANT TO GET FUCKED IN THE ASS BY 30 MEN AT THE SAME TIME"

If that wasn't sarcasm I would say this(And that assumption was right, then well shit.):

Summary

Sexual orientation isn't through a conscious process it's subconscious. For whatever was the sexual attraction for the sexual orientation to form. (Homo/hetero/bisexual it all outcomes as so) I suppose my robber theory was exaggerated because sexual orientation takes one's mind experience for a long amount of time (It probably can take at least 14 or more years or so (some longer than others) to develop but to let's say a church reconverts that it takes longer because the subconscious has how you say a similar symptom of autism:Sameness). Another reason for people to change there sexual orientation is through experience of let's say An unnamed Male sexual attraction to other males because maybe the experience of females were negative or has witnessed.

Look at this video for example:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg9cz11SJlU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg9cz11SJlU</a>

As you can see this male had to deal with a negative effect of the opposite gender, The unnamed male might think that: "Well if this is what women are maybe I should have a different sexual orientation, where I might not have to deal with this." This problem could be solved through a subconscious process as to choose a different sexual orientation or not to. It's in this case their "choice" whether to choose to stay with their current sexual orientation or change.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2012, 11:57:41 PM »
In my opinion, every human being's mind is perverted one way to another (this doesn't mean it's bad) When we have an sexual attraction to someone (or something) Is uh.. shit let me just give an example: If  male 1 is attracted to  male 2 because of let's say we call this attraction:A. In male's 1 mind is attracted by people with A, and let's say this attraction would be Male only, then in this case Male 1 would be attracted to Male 2. It's the same thing with Male being attracted to Female. (I think i made it more confusing but w/e)

I don't agree with Homosexuality but that doesn't it should be against the law, because it's a person's choice. As human beings our minds are perverted but some minds are more than others.

Now for the "Oh we were born that way." Is bullshit. If that were the case human beings would be able to produce no matter what the sex was. For example: Since Pedophilia is an sexual attraction (and an disorder) then why are they arrested if doctors considered this as a disorder? Wouldn't there be ways of keeping it to a minimum? Like autism for example, if we see symptoms at the first signs like: Unable to speak (My brother has autism and he couldn't speak until a the age of 4.), sameness, stacking. Then It can be treated with mental help. But it's an sexual attraction, so it would be the same thing as my example, it can be the same thing with other crimes that let's say Person A was going to rob Person B, this is a thought created by Person A because of something Person B owns.

TL;DR: All Sexual orientations and fetishes are all in perspective of one's mind, in this case we are all bisexuals.
How could it not be a choice? I couldn't bring myself to like dick in my ass and I'm sure a gay guy would find vagina repulsive. It's not like people wake up one day and think "I WANT TO GET FUCKED IN THE ASS BY 30 MEN AT THE SAME TIME"

If that wasn't sarcasm I would say this(And that assumption was right, then well shit.):

Summary

Sexual orientation isn't through a conscious process it's subconscious. For whatever was the sexual attraction for the sexual orientation to form. (Homo/hetero/bisexual it all outcomes as so) I suppose my robber theory was exaggerated because sexual orientation takes one's mind experience for a long amount of time (It probably can take at least 14 or more years or so (some longer than others) to develop but to let's say a church reconverts that it takes longer because the subconscious has how you say a similar symptom of autism:Sameness). Another reason for people to change there sexual orientation is through experience of let's say An unnamed Male sexual attraction to other males because maybe the experience of females were negative or has witnessed.

Look at this video for example:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg9cz11SJlU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg9cz11SJlU</a>

As you can see this male had to deal with a negative effect of the opposite gender, The unnamed male might think that: "Well if this is what women are maybe I should have a different sexual orientation, where I might not have to deal with this." This problem could be solved through a subconscious process as to choose a different sexual orientation or not to. It's in this case their "choice" whether to choose to stay with their current sexual orientation or change.

I suppose that means a male lion, who can have as many sexual partners as he wants, figures it makes more sense to have intercourse with another male lion all of a sudden? No. It's genes, occurrences in the brain that as a fetus, were abnormal and caused them to have reverse sexual orientation. Hardly a choice, unless they were a closet homosexual who decided to come out after some time.

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2012, 12:02:05 AM »
I've got no opinion concerning gay marriage. I understand where conservatives are coming from, with the traditional angle, and can definitely understand why it would make some individuals uncomfortable. However, the fact that equal rights aren't available for people of any difference exists as segregation, and segregation makes it difficult for different peoples to accept themselves, especially in the case of homosexual men and the 'coming out' process. And although gay marriage is in fact legal in several states (California, Massachusetts, New York, etc.), tax amendments still don't apply to legally married same sex couples.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's a complicated issue, and there's much more important stuff to deal with. In an ideal world where we could all accept each other's differences without hate, gay marriage would be great, but society simply isn't there yet. Besides, there's more important stuff to tackle.
I'm a fag

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2012, 02:14:36 AM »
God dammit our values are at stake here, and what of tradition!? I feel sick to my stomach every time I see a woman wearing pants and voting, and don't even get me started about those damned black people mingling with us good wholesome white folk! They should just STOP IT and quit being so inconsiderate, can't they see their lives upset me? I've been taught since childhood that these things that are bad, and it makes me nauseous every time I see this bullshit!

My children deserve to live in a place where good ole morality reigns supreme! By golly, them black people just aren't like us! Why can't they leave us alone and eat in their own restaurants and swim in their own swimming pools, huh?

And the nerve of women these days, cutting their hair shorter and all... such immoral choices. Women ought to know their place in society, it says so right in the Bible! If we continue to tolerate these lifestyles of sin, it will be the downfall of America.

Our very way of life is in danger! Say NO to gender equality! Say NO to racial equality!

...wait a second...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 11:33:34 AM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2012, 02:52:45 AM »
Leaving religion aside in it's entirety considering this is mlre of a legal issue, there is no logical reason to ban homosexual marriage. You do not have to agree with it, but it should be entirely legal for two conscenting adults to marry, whatever their gender is. Religious reasoning does not belong in courts or law, only in personal matter does it count.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2012, 06:04:28 AM »
Leaving religion aside in it's entirety considering this is mlre of a legal issue, there is no logical reason to ban homosexual marriage. You do not have to agree with it, but it should be entirely legal for two conscenting adults to marry, whatever their gender is. Religious reasoning does not belong in courts or law, only in personal matter does it count.

Pretty much this.

In all fairness there is no reason gays shouldn't be allowed to marry apart from religious folk getting all up in arms about it; claiming it's morally wrong and a 'digusting' thing. I have no problem with it because I simply couldn't care less about who we're allowed to marry, so long as it's all an equal playing field. Why should we be allowed to forbid two people who love each other from being together?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 06:52:55 AM by The Doctor »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2012, 09:46:02 AM »
God dammit our values are at stake here, and what of tradition!? I feel sick to my stomach every time I see a woman wearing pants and voting, and don't even get me started about those damned black people mingling with us good wholesome white folk! They should just STOP IT and quit being so inconsiderate, can't they see their lives upset me? I've been taught since childhood that these things that are bad, and it makes me nauseous every time I see this bullshit!

My children deserve to live in a place where good ole morality reigns supreme! By golly, them black people just aren't like us! Why can't they leave us alone and eat in their own restaurants and swim in their own swimming pools, huh?

And the nerve of women these days, cutting their hair shorter and all... such immoral choices. Women ought to know their place in society, it says so right in the Bible! If we continue to tolerate these lifestyles of sin, it will be the downfall of America.

Our very way of life is at stake! Say NO to gender equality! Say NO to racial equality!

...wait a second...

Awww, for a second I thought I had found someone who sympathized with my opinions. Well except for the black people part, however gender equality, blegh. Anyways, back to the actual topic.

What exactly do you mean by rules?

Rules as in the  way new legistlation is regulated and judged, aka the constitutional rules that govern what the government can and cannot do. As someone earlier said, if you desperatly need gays to marry, then get married in the government and call it a civil union, don't force churches to marry you.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal