Author Topic: Same sex marriage  (Read 31831 times)

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Same sex marriage
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 08:29:17 PM »
I'd be flattered if a gay hit on me.

I was at first, but then he turned into a stalker and....you know that aint fun.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 01:34:59 AM »
I'm a religious person as well, and althougth I'm not going to get into a huge debate about this, or go to deep into why I feel this way, I am personally against gay marriage. I feel that marriage is to be between a man and a woman, partially because of the Bible, partially because of tradition, and partially because that's just the way I like to view to topic. That's what I've been taught growing up, and I still think that way now. Do I think that people should be able to do what they want, however? In some respects, yes. This case would be one of them. If people really want to do something like that, am I going to go raging about it and the like? No, of course not. I'm not going to like it, but I'm going to respect that choice.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 06:01:29 PM »
In my opinion, every human being's mind is perverted one way to another (this doesn't mean it's bad) When we have an sexual attraction to someone (or something) Is uh.. shit let me just give an example: If  male 1 is attracted to  male 2 because of let's say we call this attraction:A. In male's 1 mind is attracted by people with A, and let's say this attraction would be Male only, then in this case Male 1 would be attracted to Male 2. It's the same thing with Male being attracted to Female. (I think i made it more confusing but w/e)

I don't agree with Homosexuality but that doesn't it should be against the law, because it's a person's choice. As human beings our minds are perverted but some minds are more than others.

Now for the "Oh we were born that way." Is bullshit. If that were the case human beings would be able to produce no matter what the sex was. For example: Since Pedophilia is an sexual attraction (and an disorder) then why are they arrested if doctors considered this as a disorder? Wouldn't there be ways of keeping it to a minimum? Like autism for example, if we see symptoms at the first signs like: Unable to speak (My brother has autism and he couldn't speak until a the age of 4.), sameness, stacking. Then It can be treated with mental help. But it's an sexual attraction, so it would be the same thing as my example, it can be the same thing with other crimes that let's say Person A was going to rob Person B, this is a thought created by Person A because of something Person B owns.

TL;DR: All Sexual orientations and fetishes are all in perspective of one's mind, in this case we are all bisexuals.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:07:31 PM by Cookiesofamerica-planetside 2 »
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 06:06:31 PM »
In my opinion, every human being's mind is perverted one way to another (this doesn't mean it's bad) When we have an sexual attraction to someone (or something) Is uh.. shit let me just give an example: If  male 1 is attracted to  male 2 because of let's say we call this attraction:A. In male's 1 mind is attracted by people with A, and let's say this attraction would be Male only, then in this case Male 1 would be attracted to Male 2. It's the same thing with Male being attracted to Female. (I think i made it more confusing but w/e)

I don't agree with Homosexuality but that doesn't it should be against the law, because it's a person's choice. As human beings our minds are perverted but some minds are more than others.

Now for the "Oh we were born that way." Is bullshit. If that were the case human beings would be able to produce no matter what the sex was. For example: Since Pedophilia is an sexual attraction (and an disorder) then why are they arrested if doctors considered this as a disorder? Wouldn't there be ways of keeping it to a minimum? Like autism for example, if we see symptoms at the first signs like: Unable to speak (My brother has autism and he couldn't speak until a the age of 4.), sameness, stacking. Then It can be treated with mental help. But it's an sexual attraction, so it would be the same thing as my example, it can be the same thing with other crimes that let's say Person A was going to rob Person B, this is a thought created by Person A because of something Person B owns.

You make it sound like homosexuality is a disorder yet at the same time you make it sound like people have the choice of being gay or not, did you have the choice of being straight or not?

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 06:13:45 PM »

You make it sound like homosexuality is a disorder yet at the same time you make it sound like people have the choice of being gay or not, did you have the choice of being straight or not?

It is a choice, but I'm putting two opinions into one basically what I said about Homosexuality being disorder is if it was that: Then we can fix the symptoms and mentally get rid of the disorder.

However, this is not the case: It is one's perspective on their sexual orientation. In my opinion we are born as bisexual (which is our first subconscious thought), then through our  subconscious we decide what sexual orientation one wants to have through experiences of our lives.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »
Why does anyone care what someone else does. Saying you shouldn't get married to another man because the bible says so or it's "unnatural" it's not ok is the most ignorant thing you could ever say. I don't care if someone is gay or not, because they are not affecting my life in a negative way.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 06:30:06 PM »
Personally I think that people are able to choose whatever they want. As long as it makes them happy, and good in life then fine by me.  Though I don't understand why some people are so against it. I don't see a problem, and there is probably a few people that love the same sex in CG. Ironically reading this topic. Never the less I think it's fine for someone to follow what they believe in. Religion, sex preference anything like that is good in my eyes. Now to await people who disagree. *Delta1116732 sits back in it seat with a newspaper awaiting the comments.*

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 06:40:18 PM »
I'm religious in the sence I believe in God, but I don't follow many of his  teachings, nor do I take the bible  at  its word about how I should lead  my life. That being said I still hate homosexuals for the sole reason they disgust me, and thus I am against allowing them to marry. Hating them to me is the same as hating a spider is to people, I didn't choose to any more than they chose to be gay, and I could probably change my views if I opened up and exposed myself to more gay people, but I feel no reason to so for the forseable future I oppose gay rights.

What's the reason, if any? Just interested, what "disgusts" you? Is it the fact another man might be attracted to you, do you hate gay males as much as lesbian females?

That's the thing, though. Whenever I ask my parents why they dislike gays, their only reason is "Because they're fucking faggots." Or in more cases, "Because they're fucking dykes."

It's stupid. People grow up hating gays, they don't know why, it was just etched into them, probably because of their parents. I remember I used to complain about gay people to my dad JUST BECAUSE HE INSTILLED IT INTO ME. Unless a roving gang of homosexuals broke into your house and killed your family... I don't really see any logical explanation as to why we should hate gays.

Though I know you're just making a point, the fact a roving gang of homosexuals broke into your house and killed your family would still more than likely have nothing to do with their sexuality, unless they happened to only do this because they were homosexual and hated straight people or something, just saying :V

Sorry so many comments apeared before I responded. The fact a man might be attracted to me does disgust me, but just the idea of two of the same sex having an attraction towards eachother is disgusting and makes me shudder. And yes that applies to lesbians as well. I am of the opinion that homosexuality is a disorder and embracing it is stupid in my opinion. And for anyone who might say it isn't because animals can also be homosexual, animals can also be retarded or have stillborns, but that doesn't make it good.

But why hate? Hatred is that to be reserved for killers and your enemies; but an innocent man/woman whom likes their same sex? Why?

If it leaves a bad taste in your mouth, then don't think about it, or look away. But for god's sake, don't completely steal some one's right to love because of your skewed morals.

On the subject of religion, separation of Church and state. + God hates no one, and loves all, and made us all equal (Yes, you are infact the complete equal to a gay man!)

It all depends on what you mean by hate but I don't hate  killers and neither do a lot of people, after all military men are "killers". Hate is like beauty, its in the eye of the beholder. Something that might mean nothing to  one person may make another completly loathe you, so I don't see why homosexuality would be an exception. I also don't approve of you saying scewed morals as you can't really impose your morals  on us and say you're right and we are wrong. Finally, on the Church, just like everyone else here not gonna start a big thing about whether Christianity  is right or not, but gonna adress those  points. Marriage takes place in a Church, or a Mosque or another religious place, performed by a preacher. Thus seperation of Church and state does not apply  here as this legislation would directly affect religion, and thus they must have a say. While God hates no one he also recognizes evil  in people and destroys them, thus the line about him being a vengeful God, so if the Christians believe God thinks gays are evil, there is justification in that. Finally, God created all men equal, but the origional man was straight, I believe the line all the religious nuts use is "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve."
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »

TL;DR: All Sexual orientations and fetishes are all in perspective of one's mind, in this case we are all bisexuals.
How could it not be a choice? I couldn't bring myself to like dick in my ass and I'm sure a gay guy would find vagina repulsive. It's not like people wake up one day and think "I WANT TO GET FUCKED IN THE ASS BY 30 MEN AT THE SAME TIME"
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 07:24:03 PM »
Why does anyone care what someone else does. Saying you shouldn't get married to another man because the bible says so or it's "unnatural" it's not ok is the most ignorant thing you could ever say. I don't care if someone is gay or not, because they are not affecting my life in a negative way.

It kind of does affect some people. Some people have a philosophical problem with it, and if two gay people were toa ctually be married, then it clearly would make them a little bit upset in that regard. Just because it doesn't physically affect you, doesn't mean it doesn't affect others in a mental/emotional manner. Emotional and mental problems are just as important as physical ones. So don't go that we're ignorant just because 'the Bible says so' or 'it's unnatural'. We feel that way, and that's how we percieve the situation. It really offends me that you said that, because from my point of view, I've taken careful consideration as to why I feel the way I do on the topic. I've considered my religion, my personal feelings, the feelings/teachings of my family and teachers throughout my life. I've also considered things like today's politics and culture, along with that of the past to some extent. I've also tried looking at it from the other point of view, from a pro-gay marriage side of things. That doesn'y make me, nor the other people who've stated their beliefs similar to me, ignornant.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »
smt, rofl, thank you.

but to the haters, why can't a man spend his life with some one he loves? You claim emotions now, then respect other people's.

A choice? LOL, you don't get out of the shower, dry off, look in the mirror, then said "Dick sounds appetizing." No, it's more like "Huh, susy is nice, but John makes me blush and turn my head when he approaches. Gosh, I can't think why." At 5

Denying some one's right to the pursuit of happiness is in direct violation of the Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land.

Also, god made everyone PERFECT in HIS IMAGE. So you insult God.

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 07:54:23 PM »
smt, rofl, thank you.

but to the haters, why can't a man spend his life with some one he loves? You claim emotions now, then respect other people's.

A choice? LOL, you don't get out of the shower, dry off, look in the mirror, then said "Dick sounds appetizing." No, it's more like "Huh, susy is nice, but John makes me blush and turn my head when he approaches. Gosh, I can't think why." At 5

Denying some one's right to the pursuit of happiness is in direct violation of the Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land.

Two things wrong with your persuit of happiness thing. One is you don't need a gay lover to be happy, and more importantly that only applies if getting your persuit of happiness doesn't infringe on others, if someone gets off on serial murder we don't allow it even though it might deny him the right. Even if allowing gay marriage wouldn't make countless people unhappy, there is still the issue that you can't force churches to allow gays to be married.

God made man in his image, meaning the fact that we look the way we do is because of him, like the arms and legs deal. However our psyche is completly different so unless I'm saying that arms are ugly and people who have them are bad, I'm not saying anything against God.
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 09:01:50 PM »
smt, rofl, thank you.

Two things wrong with your persuit of happiness thing. One is you don't need a gay lover to be happy, and more importantly that only applies if getting your persuit of happiness doesn't infringe on others, if someone gets off on serial murder we don't allow it even though it might deny him the right. Even if allowing gay marriage wouldn't make countless people unhappy, there is still the issue that you can't force churches to allow gays to be married.

God made man in his image, meaning the fact that we look the way we do is because of him, like the arms and legs deal. However our psyche is completly different so unless I'm saying that arms are ugly and people who have them are bad, I'm not saying anything against God.
No one ever said that we'd be forcing churches to allow it, but the government would recognize gay unions as proper marriage.

Now, comparing gay people to murderers? REALLY?  REALLY?
You should slap your self for doing that. Gay people ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SPECTRUM AS MURDERERS, they don't want to cause arm, only to love the people THEY love, and have protection from the government. Comparing them to murderers is going WAY, WAY, WAY, too far.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 09:10:30 PM »
Call me out if I'm wrong but from what I'm seeing the religious people or people who have had religious upbringings seem to disagree. To me this seems bad, I respect anyone's religious believes but should these beliefs be used to stop and fight against two ordinary people from loving one another?

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2012, 09:47:17 PM »
No one ever said that we'd be forcing churches to allow it, but the government would recognize gay unions as proper marriage.

Now, comparing gay people to murderers? REALLY?  REALLY?
You should slap your self for doing that. Gay people ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SPECTRUM AS MURDERERS, they don't want to cause arm, only to love the people THEY love, and have protection from the government. Comparing them to murderers is going WAY, WAY, WAY, too far.

Get married outside fo the church? I still find it disgusting but I'm sure more people would accept it if that happened.

And are you seriously saying gay people can't be murderers? That all gay people just want to love and be marry? You're either idealistic  or a fool, although I consider those practically the same thing. That asside, I was simply using murderers as an example of how your persuit of happiness can be overridden if it stomps on others. Want other examples then? Drunk driving, marajuana, public nudity, you name it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal