Author Topic: Shane West\'s Civil Worker Application  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Delete my account

• Money is good
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Shane West\'s Civil Worker Application
« on: October 25, 2012, 08:24:06 PM »
~IC PART~
Full Name: Shane West
Citizen identification(CID): 56590
Last Assigned Apartment Number: UCH apartment A1
Total Loyalist Points: 14
Sex: Male

How long have you been in City45:
I have been in City 45 for one year.

Why do you want to join the CWU?:
I want to join the Civil Workers Union because I feel like it's my duty serve the Universal Union. I enjoy helping citizens and I want to help them more.

Have you ever been detained before?(If so why):
No, only interrogated by knowledge about rebel activity. So I told them all that I had known.

Past experience with work/labor:
I worked at a bank when i was 16.

Name 4 things the CWU Can possess, and 4 things we cant. Also state why.:
They can have UU branded food, radios for communication, UU branded books, as well as also bandages to help with minor wounds.

They can’t have weapons, illegal drugs, Alcohol, Illegal radio.

Tell us about what you can do.:
I would be able to open up a store. Because of my past experience I gained working at a bank.  I could also help citizens with their daily tasks and guide them to make proper choices when faced with various dilemmas. I also want to host a chores for citizens to clean and they get tokens so. I can keep the city nice and tidy.

If a citizen asks for help and is new to the city, what would you do?:
I would introduce myself and give the new citizen a tour of the city.  I would advise him on what activities and behavior that is considered appropriate and those that are not.  I would also seek to assist by donating free stuff from my shop like food and drinks to that citizen
I would make him feel welcome to City 45.

~OOC Section~
Name: Dakey
Timezone: Eastern (EST).
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:34010829
Roleplay Experience: Seven months
Serious Roleplay Experience: Seven months
Detail a regular day as a worker of the CWU?:
This would be my daily routine as a worker. Get up at 6:00 Am, Have a donut and some tasty breen water. Walk out if the UCH to the Nexus steps greet the officer on duty and walks toward the shop area. Then set up shop and start selling goods to keep the citizens happy. then after hours go by close up the shop and walk to the UCH and go to bed then repeat the same day again.

Character Backstory:
Shane West was born and raised in Texas. As a young boy, his father had passed away, leaving his mother to support him and his two brothers alone. The day he turned sixteen he got a job working day and night. Finally, it was within his power to help support his family. Even though Shane was working as hard as he could, they were still barely able to live. He decided to pursue a career elsewhere to get more money, which turned out to be in Florida. After working at a bank for just over eight years, achieving best employee titles repeatedly and eventually becoming the bank manager, he now had an ample salary. He was now twenty-four years old and had enough money now to move his family to the beautiful Sunshine State.

Shane's mom was proud of him, and he and his brothers were closer than ever. He and his family packed everything up and hit the road. During the long ride there, he noticed that his mother was feeling very nervous about moving. He shrugged it off as he figured it was simply because she was not used to being in a different state. When he questioned her, she just responded that she felt car sick. This wasn’t like her, though, so it still bothered him in the back of his mind.

Florida was his top choice; it had a good economy and fun places to go like the beach. Despite all that, mother turned out to definitely be frightened of the region. One week into moving into the new house, he came to the realization that she was scared of the immense population of criminals; everywhere they were surrounded by people set out to harm others, and every day the evening news seemed to revolve more and more around gruesome incidents around the city. One night Shane and his brothers were celebrating so they had all gone to a party. As they were leaving in the late hours, Shane noticed someone following them and became nervous. He told his brothers to speed up, but they were drunk and stumbling over each other. Shane kept looking back, hoping the strangers would break off and leave them alone, but they just kept closing the distance. Closer they came until suddenly they stopped, pulled out guns from their jackets, and shot both his brothers right in front of him. They folded over and collapsed immediately as the bullets hit with almost perfect accuracy. The world became blurry as tears welled up in his eyes. He became deaf to all sounds around him as he realized the loss and his screams echoed into the night. Their blood spewed on him, leaving messy red stains all over him and his clothes. It seemed like an eternity in the darkness; their heartbeats slowing until nothing made a sound. They were gone… dead.

Portal storms had been happening since 2015, transporting ant lions, head crabs and other nasty foreign creatures to Earth. Citizens were being transferred into the larger cities that were surrounded by giant walls and other defenses to keep the unwanted on the outside. The portal storms began bringing other abominations, as well as armed forces called the Combine. Police and army forces tried to hold off the Combine for as long as they could, but more and more of them were dying. The Combine relentlessly continued to swarm out and kill or imprison anyone that resisted. These events are known as the beginning of the Seven Hour War. Portables and ships of all sizes were shooting out of the sky down upon Earth. By the sixth hour, the Combine had murdered everyone under eighteen and everyone over sixty-five years old. By the seventh and final hour, they were emitting some sort of signal from the center of all cities that prevented pregnancies and instantly killing any unborn babies. It was an absolutely devastating war, resulting in billions of deaths. At the end of the war, Dr. Wallace Breen negotiated with the Combine to save mankind and was made Combine administrator of Earth.

At the beginning of the Seven Hour War, Shane was transferred to a new city while all the chaos was occurring. Breaking off from the group, he hid in a nearby building, not knowing what else to do and scared out of his mind. He heard heavy footsteps and as the Combine marched up, he put his hands up in surrender. Something knocked him out cold on the floor. As the Combine assaulted Earth and took over, an unconscious Shane continued to be transported with a nervous and scared group of people. At the end of the seventh hour, Shane finally regained consciousness. Dr. Breen declared publicly that now that the war was over, the Combine could help them all have a better life.

Shane was released a day later and was walking around City 45, wondering where he was. It was a big change for him; everyone has blue jumpsuits with name tags, and so did he. It was so strange not seeing any kids running around and how different everything looked. Shane learned much about the Universal Union through reading books obtained from a CWU worker. He was overwhelmed with the Universal Union’s generosity towards them. When he heard that rations were available, Shane was among the first in line to get them. As he combed through the packets assigned to him by his Unit ID, he found a hundred tokens, Breen water, and Citizen Supplement. A CWU worker informed him the tokens were to be used to buy any supplies he needed. His new life had begun.

Post Auto-Merged: October 26, 2012, 05:01:40 PM
I fixed something that did not make sense so it should be good now
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:01:40 PM by Dakey »

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Shane West\'s Civil Worker Application
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:52:01 AM »
Accepted for Interview

Please seek out your nearest Civil Workers Union Organizer to recieve your interview. We look forward to meeting with you.

~ James Tavener

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal