Author Topic: Apocalypse SRP Server  (Read 6788 times)

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Apocalypse SRP Server
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 05:08:21 AM »
I was playing their Apoc RP out for a bit, and it seems that you can't really do anything unless you apply for a position. GDI and the Blackwater Mercs have a never ending supply of weapons, ammo, and supplies and Merchants obviously do. You need to be awarded for roleplaying, not applying on the forums for a position. Anyways... The game is very fun if you can get some friends on and just rp together and there is a lot of opportunity and potential in the game mode itself.

You could really say the same with HL2RP. Also if you stay about for a bit you can scrap hunt and you can create your own job (with time and hard work) but it needs a lot of character development. The character development is much like HL2RP.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 06:31:40 AM »
I'm not really a fan of HL2RP so much anymore, so I probably wouldn't play this I'm afraid.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 07:20:44 AM »
If any of you have played the walking dead it would be really awesome to have something like that. There are just hordes and hordes of zombies and people have to fight for themselves. If there were military factions everyone would just hang around them, which in my view will get boring quickly. Frequent events would be great but the server would need a lot of moderating.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline [HBRP-O] DjGhostly

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 01:06:48 PM »
This is a brillant idea

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 12:45:22 AM »
You can tell that above either:

(A) Is trying to get 10 posts to apply for CCA
(B) Is a savvy HRP/OCRP player
(C) Is willfully blind to HL2RP's problems

Anyway

This wont work because:

1: Being serious is a problem that our serious playerbase cannot overcome
2: If we can fix above issue, then we will run into the problem that HRP and OCRP players will hop on, get a gun, and fuck with the Serious RP's fun. We all know it's true.
3: The CCA training system is fucked. Unrelated.
4: We will consistantly run into the problem of gobshites killing, fail RPing, acting badass, and soap operas. Along with RDM, rage, and drama. WE ALREADY HAVE PLENTY OF ALL.

Over all, this is a copy paste of some one else's idea. I suggested an original one, but originality is over rated. I guess.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »
Extremely late, but we're not going to do this. There are the above reasons stated and the fact that we have plans for other servers.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal