Author Topic: An anonymous reporting section  (Read 5151 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An anonymous reporting section
« on: February 03, 2013, 12:27:35 AM »
I don't know if this is possible (and if it is, how to stop it being completely abused) but I would like to suggest we have somewhere to completely anonymously report things, either to owners or all admins, no IP logging, no username, nothing like that. This would allow people to report things that they might not feel comfortable reporting to anyone, for one reason or another.

Obviously, the only way I can think of to do this would be a page that allowed logged in users to access, but didn't log anything else when they posted the suggestion. It'd be nice if people could visit their own reports and maybe see admins responses and for you to (still anonymously) reply back to them.

It's probably hard to do without allowing total abuse, but it'd be a really nice thing to have

edit: "Anonymous Complaints" would be a better name for it
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:33:30 AM by Smt »

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: An anonymous reporting section
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 12:44:22 AM »
I think this would be neat, sort of like the anonymous tipping functions some online media sites have

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 12:46:52 AM »
I think this would be neat, sort of like the anonymous tipping functions some online media sites have

Sort of I guess, it'd be the best way to get 100% truthful complaints and suggestions out of people without skirting around certain things because X or Y, just as long as it couldnt have a developer or someone with that access look past it and grab peoples names or something (unless someone is determined enough to go into webserver logs or someshit idk) - any sort of way that someone could do that would really ruin it.

Also as for letting people return, it could be as simple as generating a password randomly which they'd write down and then type in to go back to their thread, or maybe just a URL or something, idk, coming up with ideas at 5:40 am yolo

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 01:25:55 AM »
I really like the idea, I think it'd be really nice to have for all of the reasons already stated.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 03:40:03 AM »
It will always be possible to look up who probably posted the complaint, such as from IP addresses in webserver access logs - yes, only limited amount of people can access those, but there will always be a way to do that unless rofl puts it into separate webhost only he can access. You can always tell RoflWaffle on Steam if you wish to remain anonymous, I don't think there's that much of difference.

Would be nice though.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:42:12 AM by Khub »

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 05:14:09 AM »
What in the world do you have to report to the staff that the staff can't no who reported it?

completely anonymously report things, either to owners or all admins, no IP logging, no username, nothing like that.

It'd be nice if people could visit their own reports and maybe see admins responses and for you to (still anonymously) reply back to them.

You contradicted yourself. If you want to go and see the post, we have to keep a record of what you post, obviously.

Anonymity looks good to the outside user, developers fucking hate the shit.

In any case, no.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 05:16:24 AM by Somone77 »

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 05:47:20 AM »
Anonymouse report: LOL FUCK YOU ADMIN LOLOLOL YOU SUCK WHAT YOU GONNA DO?

How are we supposed to ban him?

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 06:16:17 AM »
People can always PM me or RoflWaffle with reports and what not, also mentioning that they wish to stay anonymous.
I don't see this needed that much.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 07:29:11 AM »
You could always change the AC complaints board to a general complaints board(still can have AC complaints) and make it for users to see their thread only - a lot of places do it. You should be able to trust the admin team to keep anonymity.
what

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 11:11:08 AM »
What in the world do you have to report to the staff that the staff can't no who reported it?

if i could tell you that i wouldnt have asked for an anon reporting system :(

completely anonymously report things, either to owners or all admins, no IP logging, no username, nothing like that.

It'd be nice if people could visit their own reports and maybe see admins responses and for you to (still anonymously) reply back to them.

You contradicted yourself. If you want to go and see the post, we have to keep a record of what you post, obviously.

Of course, but it doesn't have to be generated by my user on the forums, and a url is all that needs to be made for the posting back and forth

And yes IPs will always be logged but if people are scared about that they can use proxys

Anonymouse report: LOL FUCK YOU ADMIN LOLOLOL YOU SUCK WHAT YOU GONNA DO?

How are we supposed to ban him?

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

Ascend to another level and ignore people who do that? If it's anonymous and only they and admins can see it who cares, maybe add a delete button just to rid of people trolling

Offline tim

• SPACE JAM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 01:48:11 PM »
Assign three words to a report, so the user can look the request up.

For example, user A submits a report on X admin/user.
Then they get the report id "lovely pink house."
Admin Y responds to that report.
User A then can go back and check "lovely pink house" and read responses or reply.

There'd be no way to contact them when it's been responded to, but it's up to the user to keep checking it.
#

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 01:50:38 PM »
Assign three words to a report, so the user can look the request up.

For example, user A submits a report on X admin/user.
Then they get the report id "lovely pink house."
Admin Y responds to that report.
User A then can go back and check "lovely pink house" and read responses or reply.

There'd be no way to contact them when it's been responded to, but it's up to the user to keep checking it.

Alex had the idea of just generating it all through a shared SMF account and putting it into an admin section so it's sort of one way, but he said he couldn't do it for one reason or another so ye

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 05:07:42 PM »
This won't be happening, at least for now. Maybe sometime in the future we can come up with a system like this that works a little better, but for now people can stick to PMing any owner, admin or superadmin.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal