Author Topic: Half rant, and compliments  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Half rant, and compliments
« on: October 09, 2012, 12:50:46 AM »
Yes, the status bar is one of the topics here today....

The only reason the minor servers haven't done well is because they've fallen out of general style. And there is nothing truly unique about them to drive players. HRP = completely unique, OCRP - Done right, HL2RP - Executed flawlessly. See the pattern? A TON of time and devotion was taken into those servers, unanimous development cycles and admins. If that didn't make sense (it's late.) It means, a shit ton of people worked on them to make them great, the other servers, not so much.

In my mind? Keep them, not offline so it's dominated by red lettering. But let us see our servers, right?

Fix for these servers: Lots of attention and loving car

{ CCA: Finally, finally is here on a golden train made from God, Descending from mount olympus on clouds and cupids. It's found balance, I have no complaints, except one.

Two trainings a day is fine IN THEORY. But maybe 3 would be better, so they can get more and more done, so they can be in divisions faster, and on the feild faster. If you worry about "They can't learn as much" Have a review at the end of the trainings for the day. } - not really a rant

OCRP - Just a couple more dedicated admins, and it'll be superb! MY one complaint is how much weed you get from a pot, it's wonky as fuck, sometimes I get 12, then 3, then 2.

Oh, here's an idea for a server, some sort of final stand-hold out.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Half rant, and compliments
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 01:08:45 AM »
The UNIFORM training scheme was made that way after a while of contemplation.  It is 2 per day because if you are active, that allows for 4 days of training, 2 whatever days, and the 7th day is your test. If it were 3, you would have 3 days of training (one with only two trainings), 3 whatever days, and then the promo test.

In essence, with the amount of time that is supposed to be taken in each training, to do two in a day would be 3-4 hours of continuous rped training. The only one that wouldn't take an hour and a half on average would be the OOC as it is just OOC guidelines to the CCA.

Would changing it to 3 really matter? No. But just the annoyance factor of having to sit through 4.5-6 hours of trainings in a day as a recruit, or have to give that much to a single croot is what makes 2 the most reasonable.

As for the reason the rest of the servers got removed:

Fortwars: Lost the entire gamemode. No recovery.
GMR2: Pretty sure it was lost entirely.
GMR1.5: Lost.
Spacebuild: Never used.
Halo: Never used.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal