Author Topic: We need a new Serious RP server!  (Read 20335 times)

Offline SatN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: We need a new Serious RP server!
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 07:56:29 AM »
Oh, I didn't mean set out in any-way to Starship Trooper's Role-Play, I was just describing the similarities, advantages and disadvantages of possible similarities. Yes, Tech-Com's recruiting methods are somewhat unique, although this doesn't mean they didn't have a lineup, followers, something similar to refugees accompanying them, living with them. This refugee of sorts could take the unofficial name of a reservist?

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 09:06:56 AM »
Please no! Not star ship! I think apocalypse might stand out to most players maybe and what would Terminator RP really be?

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »
HL2RP is just in a lull, this comes and goes, it will recover. I doubt the community has the playerbase to support HL2RP, OL, OCRP 2 -AND- Another server.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »
Terminator RP would be fairly similar to the way Outlands is now, but following the story you see in Terminator: Salvation. Here's the differences IMO:

Combine -> Sky Net
Forest Mountains -> Nuclear Wasteland
Oppressed Refugees -> Nuclear Survivors
Pulse Weaponry -> Laser Weaponry (Rated in Watts)

Its pretty similar but yeah. I'd convert Ineu Pass for this.

Offline SatN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 03:57:49 PM »
Terminator RP would be fairly similar to the way Outlands is now, but following the story you see in Terminator: Salvation. Here's the differences IMO:

Combine -> Sky Net
Forest Mountains -> Nuclear Wasteland
Oppressed Refugees -> Nuclear Survivors
Pulse Weaponry -> Laser Weaponry (Rated in Watts)

Its pretty similar but yeah. I'd convert Ineu Pass for this.

Yeah, put simply. This could be quite successful, especially since most of the major components in making this idea reality are present.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »
I love the current mechanics of our outlands. I just want to see a new story.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 12:10:37 AM »
So in essence you all want to stick to what you know instead of something new. TRP is practically the exact same genre as HL2rp except with different characters.

Incident caused by humanity ---> Humanity fucked
War ---> Humanity crushed
Oppression ---> resistance group of straggling humans

What is HL2?

Incident caused by humanity ---> Humanity fucked
War ---> Humanity crushed
Oppression ---> resistance group of straggling humans

I think trying something off the grid is something worth trying. Something that makes us different from the hundreds of other RP communities out there if you are all really serious about a new server. How many Zombie based RP servers are there really? STALKER isn't exactly zombies I don't think (I may be wrong), there's one community that hosts "Post-Apocolyptic RP" which is basically kinda like a form of Zombie rp but zombies aren't a playable faction. I think thinking outside the box and venturing outside the comfort zone is a good thing now and then, trying a different genre. Because let's face it, with TRP and HL2rp there are really only two major factions to play with the exception of a few sub-factions which technically still co-inside with the major ones. But Epidemic has at least four major factions that are all vastly different.

What is Epidemic RP?

Incident maybe or maybe not caused by humanity depending on custom canon ---> Humanity fucked
Mass infection ---> Mass casualties and spark in the rise of zombies
Governmental collapse ---> Rise of factions for good or for worse
Depending on faction helping or fucking people over & surviving ---> interesting, unique RP, drama, action, passive, suspense, fear, etc

Not to mention that with Catalyst-Gaming's experienced RPing personnel, jump starting something like this would be a breeze because you don't have people in charge who RP like fourth graders and are tyrannical faggots. So once again, I think a change of pace is something that sounds good.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 12:00:28 AM »
Warhammer 40k RP. Yes.

Think of it, you start as a Space Marine recruit (just a scout) Get recruited to a Full battle brother,and KICK ASS!

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2012, 01:09:04 AM »
Fantasy rp... I will speak of this idea in a more detailed manner tomorrow.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2012, 05:15:19 AM »
1950s RP with Mafias, lone sharks, petty criminals, policeman, heorin dealers and gangs.

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 07:55:59 AM »
Do lend me your ears, ladies and gentelmen... Because i'm going to try and sell this idea hard to you.

Fantasy RP is what, as you can probably guess already, would be considered D&D styled RP. Melee weapon intensive and with magic involved in the matter, it would be close to playing a multiplayer version of the old styled RPG's, with a few twists here and there of course.
There is an old idea from a forum RP that i believe (if you do get interested in this idea) could be re-purposed for Gmod RP, and there are player/weapon models out there for creating a better stylised RP experience.

The story, from what i can remember off the top of my head, goes as follows
Spoiler for Hiden:
Times are changing, dear adventurer... Machines are setting down in our cities, and 'progress' seems unstoppable... But the people's thirst for adventure, treasure and exploration continues to grow nonetheless. Tales from a far-away unexplored land tempt many to try their fortune. Mages that wish to explore the inner workings of the arcane, Warriors that wish to proove themselves worthy of glory and fortune, Thieves looking to find treasure worth more than a thousand lives, Hunters that simply wish to chalenge themselves and their marksmanship, the list of possible adventurers only grows as the tales of Lontai flow through the wind... And then there is you, dear adventurer. Will you try to tame this unknown wilderness? Will you go for personal glory and treasure? Will you attempt to help people survive? Or thrive in destroying the hopes of others? The choice is yours, my friend... Just remember, Lontai may be the place where you reach glory, or where you reach your doom.

To answer the obvious question. Instead of picking stuff like acrobatics and what not, i'd advise for people to change into picking "skills", to form classes so to speak. Stuff like picking an armor type, a weapon prefference, a personal trait, etc. These things would be able to change or even get stuff added in some limits to advance your character's story and abilities. And no this would not be PVP intensive.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2012, 01:01:53 PM »
I think some WW2 RP would be fun, maybe in a nazi occupied town (yes, hl2rp) or somewhere with a few more battles.

Maybe even an RP based in Napoleon times or during the American revolution (ac3 rp) although I can see a bit of trouble with maps and models.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:03:52 PM by Turian Nigga ? Moon »

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2012, 02:03:03 PM »
As somebody else mentioned earlier, the ideas you guys are coming up with is a 'hl2rp' with differing names for a faction or the wayabout humanity got 'fucked'.
Abliet interesting, not the very best way of injecting 'new' into the place.

You need something completely new, or maybe not full on new, but revamped, or so on. Think outside the box.

Though a WW2 RP does sound interesting :3
what

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2012, 02:37:15 PM »

You need something completely new, or maybe not full on new, but revamped, or so on. Think outside the box.

Shameless plug, but my idea is pretty different from the other ones in that regard :3

WW2 RP sounds interesting but unfortunately it asks for a very linear kind of story, which can be difficult to accomplish

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2012, 03:27:03 PM »
I'd just like to see something similar to Survival RP.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal