Author Topic: We need a new Serious RP server!  (Read 20333 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: We need a new Serious RP server!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 04:55:50 AM »
Terminator RP pls

I'd love a terminator RP server at CG, if it was to be ran right and with the right people it would be great, I'm really into terminator rp

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 05:29:45 AM »
Terminator RP pls

I'd love a terminator RP server at CG, if it was to be ran right and with the right people it would be great, I'm really into terminator rp
doesn't tnb still have a terminator rp and isn't it dead?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 07:53:12 AM »
Imo tnb is dead cause if you werent in techcom, you weren cool. So if we made one id say lose tech com and make it like our outlands where you gotta either start your own group or find someone willing to let you in.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 07:56:51 AM »
Terminator RP pls

doesn't tnb still have a terminator rp and isn't it dead?

it's back up now, it's not exactly dead but it's passed the "best point" and a lot of things changed that I dislike and won't bother talking about here lol

Imo tnb is dead cause if you werent in techcom, you weren cool. So if we made one id say lose tech com and make it like our outlands where you gotta either start your own group or find someone willing to let you in.

i think if we did a TRP server here we could use tech-comm for events ubt not have them running around all the time, but we'd need some sort of "main" or "large" resistance outfit, it'd just have to not be as elitist (mainly ooc-wise) as TC is in tnb's TRP
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:59:20 AM by Smt »

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 08:45:08 AM »
why not have everyone come into the server as like a recruit in tech-comm or a private? That way as soon as you join, you have a massive chance of being in the action. We can have a training program set up if they were to start off as a recruit which would need to be conducted in game (this idea I literally thought off the top of my head ten seconds before I made this post).

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 08:47:53 AM »
because the focus of TRP shouldn't be on "getting into a resistance and shooting the drones", it should be "surviving against the drones", tech-com - at least in tnb's TRP - was heavily focused on ooc and ic elitism and going all out blazing against drones whenever the chance arose. Your idea could work I suppose, but I always found playerbased groups and surviving out alone outside of "the bunker" (where Tech-com stay, usually refered to a bunker eitherway) was way more fun than tech-com, although being in Charlie (the mechanical/computer/repairing type squad in tech-com) was pretty fun for the passive

Offline LG-IM.Swagger

• Given 250 Credits and all I get was this fucking title?
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 04:06:06 PM »
Apocalypse RP, js, no one has ever been able to do it properly.

STALKER RP?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 04:34:53 PM »
Stalker RP pls no

go on tnb to find out why it's bad

Offline LG-IM.Swagger

• Given 250 Credits and all I get was this fucking title?
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 04:50:18 PM »
Stalker RP pls no

go on tnb to find out why it's bad

Well, I didn't even know they did an RP of Stalker it was just an idea.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 05:40:59 PM »
If we did "people join TRP and are recruits to TC", then it would be like starship troopers. I would rather join the server and do what I want to do. Not have to follow the orders of some TC member.

IOW, make a TRP with the same mechanics as outlands. Let players do what they want to do. If they wanna join a big group and get bossed around by some nimrod, let them. If they wanna run solo or start their own little group, let them. But dont get an official resistance group going as the other groups are gonna be squished and pushed out of the way.

Also, its war RP. Lets make guns somewhat accessible.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 12:20:03 AM »
Wait, wait, wait... because HL2RP doesn't have that many players because of school or w/e, you all want to replace it? wat
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 12:27:38 AM »
Wait, wait, wait... because HL2RP doesn't have that many players because of school or w/e, you all want to replace it? wat

I concur. Just because I have projects n' shit to do, doesn't mean it's dead. It means people have LIVES.

shocking revelation, I know.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 04:54:49 AM »
not replace, have the TRP run along side, which may or may not work depending on if we get the players for it

Offline SatN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 05:51:56 AM »
why not have everyone come into the server as like a recruit in tech-comm or a private? That way as soon as you join, you have a massive chance of being in the action. We can have a training program set up if they were to start off as a recruit which would need to be conducted in game (this idea I literally thought off the top of my head ten seconds before I made this post).

Yes, precisely. One of the primary attractions of Starship Troopers Role-Play is it's 'auto-spawn' in as a Recruit in a military force. The action is guaranteed, for people wanting a more 'hot-zone' role-play. Starship Troopers RP' has many faults, ranging from canonical-logical issues to overall role-play. Terminator Role-Play at a community large enough to support it's player demands, such as CG, would be successful. As Raiden stated, having players start off as a Tech-Com Recruit, or even something related to SkyNet for more experienced role-players. The role-play theme options many options for custom groups and sub-factions.

And Smt (hi <3), TRP itself is an attractive theme, if we have a minimum number of players to partake in the role-play, then guaranteed the role-play itself would attract more.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, 06:55:29 AM »
No Please no. Dont make it like starship troopers. I dont want to have to rely a other players for my rp all the time. I joined a SSTRP server awhile ago like 5 times when it was busy and there was nobody to help cause they were away or busy icly.

SST style will ultimately result in failure in the end. Not to mentiom techcom doesnt exactly recruit like the army. Theyre a little more exclusive.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal