Author Topic: We need a new Serious RP server!  (Read 20329 times)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
We need a new Serious RP server!
« on: October 03, 2012, 11:04:27 AM »
The other day, it came to me that perhaps the reason why HL2RP City died was because it had been stagnating for a long time.  The warning signs were everywhere really, and now I wish to pronounce our City server officially DEAD.  The obvious answer is:  What can we do to replace City?  I heard some pretty good ideas from other people.  Elions (?) mentioned a Fallout RP server, but if we really wanted a survival RP, we would all go to Outlands.  RTLK suggested Disney Park RP.  Not quite sure why.  However, Emory, in another thread (http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=19592.0), mentioned a mars colony RP server.  This is the most original idea I have heard so far, but I would like to put my spin on it:

• Why does it have to be on Mars?  Why not just Space Colony RP?
  • When the server comes up, there could be three "classes":  Colonists, Marines, and Scientists.
  • Elaborating on scientist RP, you could have alien creatures (We could just use HL2 creatures if the devs wish) that have not been discovered yet, and the scientists can classify them and such.
  • Speaking of creatures, that is where the Marines come in.  The exact command structure can be worked out, but aside from the CO, we could also have a civilian Viceroy, who commands both the colonists and the marines.
  • More can be added later.  This is the single most important sentence I wish to add.  The reason why City died was because there was nothing to do there.  Everything was static, and every event brought about further stagnation through equilibrium.  Instead of that, we could always add more things, like a freak cyclone that destroys the colony and it has to be rebuilt or relocated.  Or how about a player-created indigenous sentient species?  The possibilities are endless!

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: We need a new Serious RP server!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 11:45:20 AM »
What about a Zombie Survival RP? Or a SERIOUS War like when you first join You are private...Then make auths for ranks or a higher ranking officer can do it for you, For me that is a great idea.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:23:43 PM »
Disney Park RP is just because it'd be interesting. Was kinda a joke but once I thought of it I thought it could be interesting. Reason I thought of it is cause I'm hopefully getting a job there.

But I do agree we need a new server. HL2RP isn't dead, but we do need something new.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 01:52:33 PM »
I wouldn't really say HL2RP is dead, but a new rp server might be interesting.

Not sure on what the theme could be.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 02:14:31 PM »
*Cough* OCRP2.

Isn't 100% serious but it's on it's way.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 03:00:14 PM »
We've got something planned but HL2RP isn't going anywhere. It's gone through it's ups and downs in the past and I'm sure it'll be back to it's old popularity soon.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 03:29:09 PM »
14/40 So far it looks good to me.

Although yes, I would like to see something fresh and new. I personally have gotten bored of HL2RP after a year and a bit of playing the same thing over and over and over and over and over a- yeah. So yeah something new would be nice.

I was thinking. Outlands is HL2RP survival. What if we took that and changed it so some other post apocalypse survival, based off something premade like terminator, or maybe based off our own story? Survival RP is pretty awesome IMO but the whole HL2RP Survival thing makes it really bland...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 03:32:38 PM by Statua [CMD] »

Offline Tyrone McNigga

• removed your title due to it being way too big - pm me(Kronic) to have it changed
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 04:53:00 PM »
Omg this seems like a good idea!

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »
E
P
I
D
E
M
I
C

Just sayin'.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 05:02:32 PM »
I'd like to see a Space/Mars Colony server. Or even EvE OnlineRP
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Rudolph the Master Blaster

• me and smt
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 05:21:42 PM »
As this may of been mentioned so many times, i'd just like to make a suggestion, of course im not insisting that this is a must.

TRP, This includes the same "Actiony/ Depressed" theme from hl2rp, And mixes it together with the Survival aspects of Outlands.
I was thinking. Outlands is HL2RP survival. What if we took that and changed it so some other post apocalypse survival, based off something premade like terminator, or maybe based off our own story?

Yes, I do think that hl2rp is a bit dying.. I've had a few members personally ask me in steam why hl2rp was dead, and if CG was going to put up a new genre of RP server.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 06:43:18 PM »
cough Starship Troopers Roleplay cough

fuck yeah comic sans

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 07:49:18 PM »
cough Starship Troopers Roleplay cough

fuck yeah comic sans
Or we could come up with a unique idea for a military roleplay? (Although SSTRP would be easier, and we have some experienced players here. [Yankee, Burning, Me, etc.])
Live free or die

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 10:17:17 PM »
The Mars colony suggestion and an Epidemic server both look good to me. They both have room to stem off into something really great.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 04:43:19 AM »
I would say it's pretty easy to get HL2RP populated nowadays. Even in European afternoon times when I get home from school, I often see the server at like 14 or 15 out of 40. Even if there's nothing going on - meaning no planned event, of course - people DO join. It's just that you are too lazy to get on and support us or you're in different timezone. I'd also say that the broken status bar has it's part on the server activity problem, as people obviously can't be bothered to check the server status via Steam > Servers window.
I believe that we'll get even better this weekend, and things will get even more better once RTLK finishes the planned updates and when he fixes the current bugs.

Back on topic; yes. I'd love to see any new serious roleplaying server in property of Catalyst Gaming, be it apocalypse or anything else.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:49:34 AM by Khub »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal