Author Topic: 9/11: Lest We Never Forget  (Read 2610 times)

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
9/11: Lest We Never Forget
« on: September 11, 2012, 12:10:19 AM »
This is an edited version of the post I made last year.

Today is Monday September 11th, 2012. As we all know, today marks eleven years since 9/11 when three Boeing 757s and one Boeing 767 were hijacked. American Airlines Flight 11 was flown into the North Tower of the World Trade Center at 8:46 AM that morning. All of America and many people around the world watched as United Airlines Flight 175 hit the South Tower. They stood, shocked, in their living rooms around family, or around colleagues at work. Everything was at a stand-still, and people waited for answers. And then at 9:37 AM the Pentagon was hit by American Airlines Flight 77.

Members of the New York Fire Department stood in awe as the towers collapsed. And then the news came in: United Airlines Flight 93 had crashed in a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. People were confused, but it was soon evident that the brave passengers, heroes who wear no uniform, on that plane organized a plan within the frame of thirty minutes. They called their loved ones, and said their final goodbyes. They charged the cockpit. In an act of desperation, the hijacker piloting the plane plunged the aircraft into a field. The plane was obliterated on impact.

The next day, Americans took on a new attitude. Anger flowed throughout their veins, and revenge was on the tip of their tongues. All Americans knew we would never forget this attack on the United States. But as prepared as Americans were to get revenge, it wasn't easy. Our enemy was not clear, and they represent no national flag. Americans would soon know al-Qaeda was responsible.

Today we should not become angry, but rather, we should remember and honor the lives of innocent civilians and those who died so others could live. And while we shall never forget September 11th, 2001, we should never allow for our anger to cloud our judgement, and we should only honor the lives lost that tragic day.

I call upon you to do whatever you may please to honor the lives lost on September 11th, 2001.

Rory, if you shitpost, I'll kick your teeth in.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:15:35 AM by Nikolai v.II [9-04] »
Live free or die

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 9/11: Lest We Never Forget
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 12:24:36 AM »
Although I was too young to remember the events of 9/11, I still believe that the passengers on the plane, the fire department, the police department, and whomever else should be honored to have had the bravery and courage to do what most of us could probably never do.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 03:32:08 AM »
I was in second grade. In my class room, my GRC teacher was talking to me.

Intercom comes on. "Please send ******* Carter down to the front office for dismisal."

My eyes open. I was the happiest kid in the world. I was leaving school. I packed up my things, and strutted down the hall, happy as could be, a shit eating grin irremovable from my face.

I'm walking down the hall. My mom's standing there. Her face worried. She ran to me, her hands open and grabbed me, hugging me tightly. Me, hugging back, happy, but begining to become confused. She grabbed my hand, and rushed me out of the school. We got in the car, and thinking back on the things she said to me, I couldn't make sense of it, I was just confused. She filled the car, took us home, and I walked inside.

On the TV, red flashes, reporting, and images of the burning buildings appeared on the screen. I stood in awe, not believing the images I was seeing, and the story I was being told. In shock, I watched the news with my mother for hours. Listening to updates. I heard about the fire department, the police department, the terror screams, the immense destruction that struck New York city sent everyone running from the cloud of dust.

I finally watched the towers fall to the ground. Before my eyes, real time camera coverage, I watch the tower fall to the ground.

I remained in the room with my mother, who was in a panic, we watched and cried for a while. Then she told me to go in my room. I recently had rented Spider Man for the Nintendo 64, so I darted into my room. I quickly ripped off my clothing and applied all my favorite spider man pajamas, and accesories. I remember having to blow the game in the bottom of the cartridge for atleast 10 minutes before It worked. It finally got to working, I sat down and enjoyed Spider Man for hours, but got to a part I couldn't beat. My friend Joey came over at about 6 that night and beat it for me, though. I grew angry that I couldn't complete the level my self, so sent Joey home angrily, going to sleep in pure rage.

It was a very horrible day.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 04:30:25 PM »
I was only a kindergartner when this happened, and I may not remember much, but I do remember the fact that I am an American and thousands of innocent lives were lost. My prayers go out to the families that lost their beloved ones and wish you the best on this tragic, never to be forgotten day.

R.I.P to the thousands that lost their lives 11 years ago. You will be missed by millions over America and the world.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 06:29:51 PM »
Back in '01 I was living in Schifendahl Germany. I had just gotten home from school, 2nd grade (aka IY4) to be exact and the rents were watching the news, told me to come. I remember watching the planes hitting the buildings and was like "OMG what is this awesome movie?" I talked to my grandma over the phone and was like "WAAAOHH! Did you see that explosion!" Till they told me the truth. Then I felt like shit.

The next day, 3/4 of the school didn't show up. The school, being a private international school, was mostly made up of americans. So pretty much every american stayed home. Yeah. It was awhile ago.

Also, some people had this conspiracy Bush ordered the planes to crash into the buildings so he could blame it on the  middle east. Why? US was running out of oil fields but the middle east had tons so he wanted to take their land and oil. Do I believe this theory? Definitely not but I can see him doing something similar to that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal