Author Topic: Griever Reece's Authorization Application  (Read 3841 times)

Offline =[pG]=??¢ Griever

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Griever Reece's Authorization Application
« on: September 05, 2012, 06:58:29 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Griever
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 4 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-A Machete, and basic food rations from the stash
-H2H Combat Training
-Marksmanship Training
-Mechanical Engineering, and Automotive Engineering training and experience
-One missing eye, and an eye patch

Name: Griever Reece
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Griever’s story starts in late 1999, a 16 year old boy at a Cornish college, due to study Mechanical Engineering, and Automotive repair. Griever was always a shy, quiet and generally kept to himself. Though he was 6” 1’ by this point in his life, and quite a stocky boy, he was always the target for bullying. About half way through his four years something snapped in the young boy, and he in turn hospitalised one of the kids bullying him, badly enough to be expelled from the college. It was decided by the heads of the college and the boys’ parents, that the only next stop where he would be able to get the qualifications he desired, was the army. In 2001 he was shipped to Catterick Garrison, one of the largest bases in the UK.
   Two years later, he gets through his basic and advanced training with flying colours, along with his Mechanical and Automotive engineering qualifications, advanced marksmanship training and hand to hand combat training. He had made a decent circle of friends who he now considered to be family. He was then shipped to Romania as a woodland survival training program. With only a machete, survival knife, and basic survival supplies, he set about building some shelter and finding food and water. Two weeks later, when the rescue helicopter was supposed to land; he got himself ready a signal fire, and gathered his supplies. The helicopter never came, so Griever sat tight. A week later, still no rescue, so Griever set off to find rescue himself.
   About two weeks of walking, and Griever stumbles across a militarised area which seems to consist of a nuclear testing bunker, and a small base of military personnel ready at all times. He knew that is he was to present himself with a machete in tow, he would be perceived as an immediate threat. He took a metal container he found near the base, and buried his supplies within it. Marking his stash with non-obvious markers scattered around the area as directional markers so he could find them later if he needed them, he set towards the base. Guards stop him at the gate, seeing his military BDU’s and dog-tags; they let him in under supervision to see the Commanding Officer of the site. The Officer is of great help, and assists Griever to get back home, leaving his stash behind.
Then comes the point where the UK government was now joining in the middle-eastern war, Griever was shipped with his regiment to Kandahar airbase where he pursued Special Weapons core training to become a sniper. A yearlong tour and new skills later, he was acquisitioned by the fourth rifles regiment to be a sniper scout, and he finally felt at home with himself again spending weeks at a time away from anyone but his spotter, the quiet time he loved.
   Three years later, while in a nest watching over an Al-Qaeda compound, suspected of being a centre of weapons manufacture, him and his spotter are ambushed by 3 militia infantry. A grenade was thrown into our nest, and alarmed us of impending threat. The grenade explodes, and shrapnel rings across the nest, the light blinding me and my spotter. I come to, and realise shrapnel is in one of my eyes. As we come to our senses, gunshots firing, we regain our composition, and return fire we manage to down two of the insurgents, as we deal with the third, my spotter is hit and down. I return fire once more, and down the final insurgent. All goes quiet… I turn to my spotter and attempt to tend to him. I realise the worst, he’s not waking up. I ring in for a med-evac for myself, and ten minutes later, I’m on my way back to base, with my spotters’ body. After two weeks of medical attention, I am deemed no longer fit for active service, and shipped back on home.
   Now 2005, Griever sets out to live his civvy life, as an automotive welder and engineer, finally putting his qualifications to use. As ex-military, he finds it very easy to acquire a new job. He picks up his old skills again quickly, and becomes extremely adept again, regardless of his now one eye. He goes on to working as a foreman three years later in a car manufacture plant, now knowing his trade like the back of his hand.
   The year is now 2010, and the 7 hour war has begun! Everyone who can hold a gun is drafted, including Griever. It’s been five years since he held a weapon of any kind. He had thought that he would never wield a weapon again. After the seven hour war, everyone who survived was either shipped off for transmutation into combine soldiers, shipped to C18, and C45. Griever was one of the unlucky few who was chosen for C45. A couple of years later, Griever is tired of the oppression, and set to escape C45. He makes it to a heavily guarded train depot, where Razor Trains are being unloaded of goods, soldiers, and pods ready for delivery to outlying cities. Griever sneaks under the train, and clings to the undercarriage, awaiting the train to depart. 8 hours later, the train still hasn’t stopped. It does however slow down just enough for a bend, enabling Griever to drop off the undercarriage. In the middle of nowhere, and heavily injured from the fall, he makes his way into the wilderness, where he uses his survival skills to survive long enough for his wounds to heal.
   Soon after his wounds are healed, he set off to travel wherever he can, attempting to find some form of resistance, or settlement. After traveling for 3 days, he notices something very familiar; one of his stash markers, still intact! He now knows where he is, and sets off for the nuclear testing bunker. On arrival he finds the bunker abandoned, filled with strange, brightly coloured flying creatures. With no one in sight, he sets off to find his stash, his machete and survival gear still mostly intact, including the vacuum sealed ration packs he was given. The machete slightly rusted, but still useable, he takes all the supplies, and makes his way through the mountains to find a small cabin. He comes across a family of friends, “Beans” “Meaty” and “Beefy”. They aren’t so welcoming, but are still polite enough to point Griever in the direction of a small village where there was supposedly a small settlement of people. Griever sets out on his new story.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-A machete for combat and passive RP
-Food rations for passive RP
-H2H Training for Combat RP
-Marksmanship training, more for bragging rights RP
-Mechanical and Automotive Engineering knowledge
-An eye patch for story of my character

Defects
-Post-traumatic Stress for passive RP, thus Lack of ability to concentrate, occasionally flip out, hurt myself or others
-A missing eye, lack of depth perception, thus has mild trouble in fights
-Rations won't last long as I would eat them rapidly
-Machete is heavily rusted from age, and will require a couple of weeks to wittle wood for a new handle, and polish the blade back to usable standards (OOC time)
-If i want to build anything with my mechanical and automotive engineering, it will take me a long while to find the required materials, and put them all together (At admins discretion)

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Make my passive RP better in terms of story to tell, and generally being able to get myself better notorised within the community of Inue Pass. Combat RP slightly more enhanced, but not overly due to missing eye. Machete for general application purpose, and combat RP.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:59:18 AM by [JokerIce] Griever [9-09] »

Offline Toaster

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Griever Reece's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 07:40:23 PM »
I don't really see the point of marksmanship without a ranged weapon, such as a sniper.
Arrow to the knee? Missile to the face? Bitch PLEASE. I took a nuke to the EVERYTHING.\\r\\n\\r\\n\\\\r\\\\n GIFSoup

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 11:50:11 AM »
Are you one of those retarded ones with eyes right next to each other? Because if so, you wont need to close one for using scopes and iron sights. huh...?

Granted less than 20 yards and you keep both open, other than that, you close one.

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 05:30:21 PM »
Also, just saying, how can you be accurate with a gun with only one eye?

Are you- No. That's just-

You're stupid. End of story.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 01:07:37 AM »
When I've first looked at your application and compared the amount of perks with length of the backstory, I didn't think you could get my support. The backstory has enough detail for me. However, those perks could be easily abused. I'd give you my support if I knew you around. Although that may be an error on my part as barely visit outlands, I'm giving you neutral. Excellent application, but I don't know you.

Good luck and have a nice day!  8)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 02:47:23 AM »
I've yet to read it but the defects do not make sense and do not balance the perks. For one it is scientifically proven you don't need two eyes for depth perception. So having one eye does not mean your depth imperceptive

<::|| Sent from a mobile datapad codename Mecha ||::>

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 08:54:07 AM »
I've yet to read it but the defects do not make sense and do not balance the perks. For one it is scientifically proven you don't need two eyes for depth perception. So having one eye does not mean your depth imperceptive

Ohh, i didn't realise this. I've always been lead to beleive that the loss of an eye would result in heavy loss in depth perception. I'll give it a proof read, and see what defects i can pull out of it.

Edited the defects. Please re-read
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:59:41 AM by [JokerIce] Griever [9-09] »

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 11:02:58 AM »
I reread the app after it was edited. The storyline was amazing and after adding the defects, it no longer seems OP. I give my +support.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 04:46:11 PM »
Thanks for your input Pi :)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 04:58:53 PM »
I want some input from admins on your RP. Otherwise it looks good. Give it a few days for admin input and then a decision will be reached

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 05:59:20 PM »
I want some input from admins on your RP. Otherwise it looks good. Give it a few days for admin input and then a decision will be reached

Haven't been playing for the last few days. Having computer problems. Will be back tomorrow though. However, I never see admins on-line on the Outlands server, apart from Delta, but I only really see him when he's doing OTA raids.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »
I've only seen him RP on OCRP, however his RP skills on the server are extraordinary using the full extent of /me's. He's one of the few people who actually can passive (not OCRP passive but HL2RP passive) on OCRP and make things fun for everyone.

Heck, as a firefighter he goes out on 'safety calls' which aren't even fires, for the sole purpose of RP...

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 12:03:46 PM »
Good enough for me. Accepted.

If another admin can lock/move please.

Locked, moved. ~Khubajsn
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:00:09 PM by Khubajsn »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal