Author Topic: [DENIED] Howard Biggs's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED] Howard Biggs's Civil Authority Application
« on: August 28, 2012, 01:11:01 PM »
Howard Biggs's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Dublinjd

IC Character Name: Howard Biggs

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Howard always wanted to keep the peace, Since elementary school he was a hall monitor, It was a small job but it kept people from doing harm, Howard then was made a prefect and would help the headmaster with tasks.

Howard was always loyal to his superiors, He never got in trouble with his teacher and his bosses, Howard also was in the right side of the law, Even after he went to City 45 he has been loyal.

Howard gained 1 loyalist point for cleaning the nexus barricade and never was detained, He never done a misdemeanor or a crime, He always remained on the CP side of the city so he would be safe from crime, Plus Howard could always do something helpful such as: Clean, Wash, Polish, And many others.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Howard is:
Loyal- He has never got in trouble with anyone and is very obedient.

Persistent- He never gave up on anything and was always going to continue his work until he was done.

Smart- He has a very smart way of putting things.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Howard would strive in the CCA, His job would not be a boring work day, Howard version of the CCA is a wonderful helpful opportunity, He is not interested in violence and killing but peacekeeping.

Howard always admired the CCA so he would love the opportunity, The experience would be marvelous, His idea of the CCA is a peacekeeping haven of all that is good, If he got the job then he would work to his limit, So if he was getting the job he would not just lounge around all day, He would get to work.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
-Childhood: Howard was born in Yugoslavia in 1985, His mother was a doctor and his father was a banker, When he was 5 his mother said to his father: "We should send Howard here to a Private school, He has been a smart boy so he should get a smart education." Howard was sent to a Russian school for smart kids, He got trough the school pretty easy and was then sent to a Prep school, Were he has a interest in science.

-Adulthood: Howard was starting his study to earn a Bachelors  physics, He gained the degree and started working on astrophysics and cryptology, He would go to the observatory every night and look at space to see if he was going to find aliens or a new star, Howard found this was getting him nowhere so he gave the job one last chance before he would quit.

-Seven Hour war: Howard was looking into space with his scope, He saw nothing but starts and the sun, Howard was angry and starting screaming at space, But suddenly he looked out the window and saw Portals transporting Xen creatures into the area, Howard was amazed he never knew that this was going to happen, So he decided to stay inside and wait, Before he knew it the portals raged and started ripping holes in the observatory, Howard screamed and ran to the exit, A bang was heard and Howard fell to the ground.

He woke up and saw xen beings running to the City, Howard was shocked and he needed to get out of the country, Howard got into his car and drove, He thought about what would happen if he was caught by one of them, Howard pulled the break and a Combine officer stopped him, Heinrich got out of the car and was putted inside a bus.

-Bus ride: The bus was a Prison bus, It had bars around it like a tank, Howard was not angry just confused, He asked a combine guard: "Could i get something to eat?" The combine guard gave Howard a citizen supplement and some breen water, Howard thanked the man and grabbed a book from the bottom of the chair, He read the title: 1984 by George Orwell, It was a dull gray book with a man pointing to Howard saying: "Big Brother is watching you." Howard was not delighted with the book but he read it.

After reading it he thought that this would be one of his futures, He started remembering quotes from the book, "The thought police would get him just the same. He had committed--would have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper--the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever. You might dodge successfully for a while, even for years, but sooner or later they were bound to get you." Howard knew that hating the Combine would result in death, "People simply disappeared, always during the night. Your name was removed from the registers, every record of everything you had ever done was wiped out, your one-time existence was denied and then forgotten. You were abolished, annihilated: vaporized was the usual word." Howard knew that the Combine would take people off the streets and make sure they would be "Non persons."  "In our world, there can only be triumph and self-abasement. Everything else, we will destroy." Howard knew that the word feelings would be restricted.

Howard knew that this was one of the most gruesome things possible, But what would the positives be?  "This is our land. A land of peace and of plenty. A land of harmony and hope. This is our land. Oceania. These are our people. The workers, the strivers, the builders. These are our people. The builders of our world, struggling, fighting, bleeding, dying. On the streets of our cities and on the far-flung battlefields. Fighting against the mutilation of our hopes and dreams. Who are they?

-Relocation
Howard took the book and was sent to a train, It was a normal train with a New york subway look, Howard sat down and look around, He asked a guard the time of when he would reach the location, "3 hours." Howard looked at the clock it was broken, Howard thought that Orwell was right, It has begun, Howard looked at the camera, He then looked at a propaganda poster, It said: Obey the administrator, Howard could not believe it, The Orwellian themed nightmare had emerged, He thought about the things Winston done, He was sent to Room 101 for torture so Howard should do the opposite of what Winston done, Howard asked the Combine officer if he could read the book, The Combine officer allowed him.

2 hours and 30 minutes later: Howard was in the shower with his luffa sponge, He scrubbed himself with it, The CCA officer gave him a Boiler suit With a vest, A pair of socks, A pair of boots and a Citizen ID.

-Reaching City 45: Howard walked outside the station and looked at the Nexus, Howard knew what it was, He looked at the broadcast: "Hello citizens of City 45, This is your Civil Administrator, We have news that rations are coming in a hour." Howard did not need it but he got some, Howard got 1000 Credits from a total of all his rations and bought 2 permits.

-Business: Howard sat down and looked at the UU branded books, They were interesting and fun to read, Howard did not have a reason to read them but he read them anyway, Howard remembered some 1984 quotes about Propaganda: "It was terribly dangerous to let your thoughts wander when you were in any public place or within range of a telescreen. The smallest thing could give you away. A nervous tic, an unconscious look of anxiety, a habit of muttering to yourself – anything that carried with it the suggestion of abnormality, of having something to hide. In any case, to wear an improper expression on your face (to look incredulous when a victory was announced, for example) was itself a punishable offense. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: facecrime, it was called."

Howard was happy, He was loyal and friendly, Even if the world was strict he would follow orders when given.

-Coming home- Howard came to his apartment house and looked at the TV screen, It was talking about propaganda and City Values, Howard walked to the kitchen and took a ration, Howard looked at the TV and knew that this was getting interesting, The door broke down and 2 CCA officers came into his apartment, "Citizen #10359, You are under arrest for carrying a weapon, Prepare for Civil Judgement and Amputation, Howard then laughed and said: "I am Citizen #10358 you are looking for the guy next door." The CCA then said: "Ok, Thanks for the tip citizen." Howard heard screams coming from his neighbors room, Howard looked at the TV and it showed the CA making a speech.

-Bio-Hazard: "Citizens a bio hazard has reached the city, Please remain indoors." Howard looked and he saw Zombies running a muck, Howard then screamed and watched the CCA shoot and kill the zombies, One zombie ran to the Apartment and saw Howard, Howard screamed again and ran upstairs, The zombie chased after him, But Howard was able to escape outside and run to the Plaza.

-Loyalty: Howard found out that his Loyalty was the highest thing he could gain, Howard helped the Combine by: Polishing their shoes, Washing their Memorial, Cleaning the Nexus barricade and other tasks, Howard then started to become a full time citizen, Howard decided that if he was going to live then he would need to follow the opposite of what Winston done, He needed to think back to 1984: : "A hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness, a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledgehammer, seemed to flow through the whole group of people like an electric current, turning one even against one's will into a grimacing, screaming lunatic."

"War is peace, Freedom is slaver, Ignorance is strength."

"Who controls the past controls the future, Who controls the future controls the past."

Howard knew that his loyalty had no bounds, Howard saw a Citizen beating up a CP, Howard used his Request device to call some CCA to help the man, Howard was about to be thanked, Howard then walked away.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I have never had a CCA Character.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
11 months

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
10 months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
6 months

4. What Time zone are you in?
Greenwitch Mean time

5. In what country do you live?
Ireland

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I was shot by a CCA by accident, And had to be sent to the CWU Medical center in which i was bleeding, So the doctors had to pull the bullet out.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Howard Biggs
CID: 10358
Height: 6 foot 1.
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 120 Lbs
Mental Distinctions: He has no mental distinctions.
Mental Defects: No mental defects
Mental Advantages: He is very smart and his brain works hard.
Notable Qualities: He seems to be very smart.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I will remain loyal even after death.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to help the CCA keep the peace, So all citizens will be loyal and not become a threat to the CCA, I have been a Loyalist for all my days in City 45, I would like to return a favor to the CCA, They made a safe haven so i will help keep that haven safe.

The CCA are very helpful making a safe haven for the people of the world to live in and i would like to help them by joining the CCA.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Howard Biggs hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:22:07 PM by Khubajsn »

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Howard Biggs's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************
ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Howard Biggs
Citizen Identification Number: 10358

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| OOC Questions 1 and 3 do not meet minimum standards. IC questions are answered from OOC, third-person perspective. ||::>

// Note: I see the effort you've put in your backstory, however, there are multiple non-canonical things. First, portal storms were happening since the Black Mesa incident. That would be at least few months of portal storms happening on whole Earth, so the first storm Howard would see won't be the one Combine came through. Civil Authority (metropolice) forces were established after the war, not during or before it. That means Howard couldn't be stopped by a Combine officer.

I hope you'll reapply, your application seems very nice. Fix those things I have mentioned and you have good chance to be accepted.

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.6.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal