Author Topic: Howards Train ride.  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
Howards Train ride.
« on: August 14, 2012, 02:34:27 PM »
I sat on the seat in the cabin, I picked up a book 1984 by George Orwell, If i was going to sit here for a while i would need to look at the book, I thought of some of the books highlights,"The thought police would get me just the same. He had committed--would have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper--the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thought crime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever. You might dodge successfully for a while, even for years, but sooner or later they were bound to get you.- Winston smith, "People simply disappeared, always during the night. Your name was removed from the registers, every record of everything you had ever done was wiped out, your one-time existence was denied and then forgotten. You were abolished, annihilated: vaporized was the usual word." I knew that it would come to this, This is our land. A land of peace and of plenty. A land of harmony and hope. This is our land. Oceania. These are our people. The workers, the strivers, the builders. These are our people. The builders of our world, struggling, fighting, bleeding, dying. On the streets of our cities and on the far-flung battlefields. Fighting against the mutilation of our hopes and dreams. Who are they? Mankind, "If you want a vision of the future, Howard, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever."
"what are your feelings towards Big Brother?" "I hate him" "You must love him. It is not enough to obey him. You must love him." "We are the dead." Howard felt sick and nauseated, So many words this was made in 1948 and it is happening.

Who controls the past controls the future, Who controls the future controls the past- George Orwell 1948.

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Howards Train ride.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:18:56 PM »
Out of Character for OOC:
Non UU books are contraband by the way.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal