Author Topic: [DENIED] Howard Biggs's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED] Howard Biggs's Civil Authority Application
« on: August 13, 2012, 04:30:19 PM »
Howard Biggs's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Dublinjd

IC Character Name: Howard Biggs

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Howard was and still is a loner,He always believed in himself after the 7 Hour war, Even if he is a loner and a loyalist he still is brave, After he got off the train his life was changed forever,He would wish for one chance at life again,So he believed that the haven could be his new home.

If he wanted to help the Combine and the UU,He would need to start his life over were it stopped,He could try being better with his life,He needed a way,He realized if he became a CP then he could help his overlords, Even if it was going to kill him, He would endure torture and pain to join the CCA and that is that he will endure.

He never was in trouble with the Combine, He was never convicted of a crime,And had also earned a loyalist point for cleaning the nexus barricade, At the first moment of his pathetic life he realized that if life was going to be so dirty he might as well of helped the CP,And even if the only bad part of his life was not trying to be better with his life, Now all he need is to help and serve the CCA with his skills.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Smart- In Howard's past life he solved enigmas in collage and school,He also was interested in maths.

Loyal- He never fought with anyone,He used to be nice to his teachers, He never was in trouble with officers in his past life,Plus he never done anything bad to his current overlords in his current life.

Trustworthy- His teachers would always know that Howard was a nice and trusted pupil, His principle also trusted Howard with many jobs.

Persistent- He would never give up on anything,When he nearly failed his exam,He tried it again and got a A+.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Howard's idea of the CCA is that: He would learn so many things for the experience of helping the CCA in anyway possible, He would be proud and loyal of the experience, He would love the chance of a second chance.

If this experience was to help him then he would beg and plead, He would kill someone to be in the CCA,If the combine ordered him to kill the person,Which is highly doubted,In layman's terms:He would do anything for the experience.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
-Childhood
Howard was born in Yugoslavia in 1979 to a rich family, His mother was a doctor, And his father worked as a Wall street broker, He was sent to a private school, When he was 15 he was sent to a Private high school, He was interested in biology, Since he had a IQ of 145 he was one of the smartest kids in history.

-Adulthood
When he became 18 he was sent to a Ivy-league university, He was sent to learn biology, It was simple just learn about vital and non-vital organs, He also done lectures about how to dissect a frog and other dead animals, He then started to learn Cryptozoology, He found that the jackalope has a biological  called Shope Papilloma which made tumors that looked like antlers on the rabbits head.

-Job Howard now got a job in cryptology were he studied aliens, He did not get much of a job out of it, But he believed that there was aliens, He never knew about the combine he just knew that aliens do exist, When he quited his job at the university he tried another,
He became a Wall street broker like his father, Which ended in him earning nothing, His family had a long talk with him, His father was happy for Howard and he loved Howard with every bone in his body, Howard loved his father and mother and realized that they would always love each other even if Howard's parents Separated, Howard knew that if that happens then he would use his IQ to his advantage, Howard stated that if he was going to start a new life in Yugoslavia then he would need a backup plan, Howard was one of the men in the world who was smart and successful, Howard was going to try and start a life on his own but he needed more money to get a new life, He continued his job at the university and was given ten thousand dollars, He bought a house in the suburbs and lived his life as a man.

-Seven hour war
When Howard was in the street getting Chinese food he looked up, looking up he saw a combine mother ship, Howard was right about the aliens but that was not the time to start about it again, He ran to a soviet memorial in Yugoslavia, He hid in the memorial pretending to be dead, After he woke up he opened a hatch and looked at the city, It was in ruins Howard looked at the destruction with disgust, He was then taken prisoner and put in a Combine Razor Train, Howard knew that this could be the end for him, He looked around the train for something to do, He was alone in the train, Nobody but the CCA guards in the carriage with him, It looked like it was a normal train, He asked a guard to see if a book was on the train, The guard came back with a book the Howard would read and compare to the current situation, The book 1984 by George Orwell, This book was one of the only books that came to the situation, He compared everything in the book to his own life, The government in the book would use bombs to kill citizens so that food would not have to waste, The government in the book also mirrored the Combine in everyday, Howard read the book with disgust, The book was made in 1948 which was a anagram for 1984, Howard looked and said "If i am correct history will judge us like they did with others the only way they can with totalitarianism",He thought this bitterly, He thanked the Combine guard for the book, And said to him "If you want to find out what will happen after this read it", The guard said "The train ride will be over in a few days and i will try and read the book it is my break", Howard thought of everything in the book, Howard's only moment of disgust to the book was "Room 101", That name seemed hopeless and crude, "Room 101" Howard thought bitterly, He asked the guard if he could have something to eat, The guard went to the food carriage, Howard could not get the name out of his head, He found a quote from the book, The main protagonist from the book was sent to room 101 because he had broken a rule, A rule the combine would later use, Sex-crime and thought-crime, Howard knew that these rules would be enforced in the later future, Howard still had a few days to go until he reached city 45- formerly Russia, If Howard had any plans after he got of the train that would be to buy a house and sit down for the rest of his life, When a UU officer came to Howard's room, He said "You read the book haven't you?",Howard replied "Yes i have its the most realistic dream in the world", The UU officer said "But it is not a dream anymore its life", Howard was pleased and said "Well what if i want to life that life?", The UU officer said "Well i trust that you are a loyalist?", Howard replied "I doubt anyone is a loyalist to men who killed 80 percent of the people in the world but i guess i might be the only loyalist on this train who is not a combine", The UU officer smiled and said "Well i read your file and it says you never were in trouble", Howard said "That is correct i have been the only one in class who never was in trouble", The UU said "What did you work as before we took you"?, Howard replied "I was a cyptologist", The UU said "Were you able to find the Combine when you had you job?", Howard sighed "Well no at least not before the mother ship attacked Yugoslavia, The UU pointed out "If you think we are aliens then we are not", Howard was speechless, The UU said "We are not aliens just highly intellectual Beings, Howard was impressed by the information the UU told him about, The speechless man said "Well i am one of those men who are highly intellectual i can not pose a threat to you", The UU snapped "Oh yes you are anybody can be a anti-citizen to the Combine you are one of those people who can shout out about free speech!" Howard replied "How can i be a person who can do that i Howard H Biggs promises you that i will not cause a problem or a threat to the Combine!", The UU was impressed "You do not have a problem in physical and mental capability", Howard replied calmly "The only problem with me is that i have no problems", The UU said "Well i have to report you back to the city 45 CA", Howard said "Well could you bring me back something to eat i am hungry", The UU went outside of the cart and brought back Howard a Citizen Supplement and some Breen water, Howard drank his water and ate the Citizen Supplement, The UU came back and said "I have reported you to the CA of the city and he wants a word with you", Howard stood up and followed the UU to the radio, Howard sat down and pulled the radio transmitter from the radio and put it up to his mouth, The radio went to static and then a voice said "Is this Mr Howard Biggs?", Howard replied into the radio "That is correct and this must be the City Administrator of city 45 am i correct?", The radio then replied "This is the CA of the city yes.", Howard then replied and said "What do you need from me?", The voice of the CA went to a Texas accent and said "Well my sources tell me that you studied us am i correct?", Howard replied "Well no but i am a Cryptologist.", The radio then was modified by the UU officer and the radio had no static and the voice sounded like it was in the room, The CA then replied "Well that is too bad i really thought you would of been studying us.", "Tell you what i will let you come to the city i like you but i can not give you any favors."

-City 45 life
Howard got off the train and headed for the Civil housing, He sat down in his hotel and looked at the TV, It showed the CA of the city giving a CCA Officer a promotion, Howard finally knew the CA's Identity, Howard sat down and watched a channel about a 2 hour hate ritual that the resistance use to hate the Combine, The ritual was used by Goldstien in George Orwell's book, But the Combine showed that the resistance do it and not the Combine, Resulting in a total reverse of the book.

-Business
Howard bought a business permit for Books and General Goods, He only sold UU branded items because he did not want trouble with the CCA, Howard then became a window washer and earned a loyalist point because he  cleaned the memorial and nexus barricade.

-Current life
Howard is now a few years older, He still has never got apprehended, Howard never started his new  job as a cleaner, He realized that if he was going to live then he would need to continue a job, Anything was ready for him, He could have a job of CWU or cleaner, But he realized that the polls for CCA were on and he had one chance, So he signed a application for it and typed his application for the application, And made a pledge to be loyal to the UU and do what ever they say, Howard kept this promise and decided he would keep the pledge to his grave.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I have never had a CCA Character.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
10 months

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
8 months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
5 months

4. What Time zone are you in?
Greenwitch Mean time

5. In what country do you live?
Ireland

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
When i was on the RP-gaming.Eu server, I was a doctor, I had to use a Gigli saw to cut off a mans arm in RP.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Howard Biggs
CID: 10358
Height: 6 foot 1.
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 120 Lbs
Mental Distinctions: His brain is a normal size
Mental Defects: He has no defects.
Mental Advantages: Smart.
Notable Qualities: He can solve puzzles, and he knows first aid.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I have never caused a Sociostability infringement.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
I eat CCA issued rations on regular basis.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I will remain loyal even after death.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wants to join the CCA because i wants to help the UU, I wanted to help the CCA in a more helping way, I never caused a crime, And i never done anything wrong to the CCA, I have a loyalist point, So i realized that i do not have anything stopping me from becoming one, I always bought UU issued items, And i always reported illegal items to the UU.

If there was a problem stopping me from joining the CCA then i would like to help try to get that off the record and try again, And plus i have the brains and brawn, And even thought i have never caused a crime or kill anyone i have the point of trying to help the CCA and UU.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Howard Biggs hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Post Auto-Merged: August 13, 2012, 04:48:42 PM
And one thing, After you read it give me a notice of what problems there are before giving a verdict.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:04:40 PM by Brandon Sacawv »

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Howard Biggs's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »
UNIT: 326
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************
ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Howard Biggs
Citizen Identification Number: 10358

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| OOC Question 1) does not meet minimum requirements (missing 9 sentences). OOC Question 3) does not meet minimum requirements (missing 6 sentences). ||::>

// Note: As stated in the Combine Civil Authority application information thread, One paragraph = 4 sentences minimum.

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.326
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.6.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal