Author Topic: John Vasey (As of right now, hoping to get something sorted out soon)'s Authorization Application  (Read 1858 times)

Offline [DGC] Vasey105

• View Profile
    • Awards
Player Section

Steam Name: Vasey105
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): I've been Roleplaying for an estimate of six months now, but only have I ever done it in GMod.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: An estimate of six months, Epsilon, TNT, and ComNET. All three were very good servers and I learnt a lot from them.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
I'm requesting, that since I carry on this character from other servers. I need to have the extra knowledge of combat experience and weapons handling, just that extra edge over an average citizen. Here's a quick run-down of his back-story through the other servers. First off, Frederick Vasey was stationed at City 18. (TNT Server) Here, he lived for quite a while. And eventually got involved in rebel activities and became co-leader (When I say Co-Leader don't think I was just like "OMG LETZ MAK REBLION HAHA I AM LEADER WIT U SOI SOI") as that was not the case. Me, and another character, Joseph Murta, got to know each other. And eventually escaped into the slums of City 18. There, we sparked the first form of rebellion, got into black market dealings, then eventually more people learned of our location as we handed out supplies and so on, so was born the rebellion. Eventually, after a necrotic outbreak, the whole city was re-located to City 8, Hong Kong. And so we lost our black market trade routes and connections, and started afresh in the subways. 'Many moons later' the rebellion had grown large, and strong. And had gained many connections and firearms black market trade routes, and so we emerged from the tunnels (We didn't stay in the tunnels 24/7, we came out as normal citizens most of the time.) and fought back, unfortunately, the  CP had called in OTA re-inforcments, and crushed us. Many brave men were lost that day, but what we did do was escape with many others. And the ones that stayed, had finally had enough. And from what I heard, they over-threw the combine. (As in the server went to shit and died)
We escaped into the outlands, (ComNET) and began our new lives there. It was peaceful, most of the time, a combine patrol here and there. But nothing much, eventually, I headed up the road, into the tunnel (the end of the map) and said my farewells to the other characters. Then I came here.

I know I haven't hit ten posts yet, but this is urgent as I require this back-story information and skills to further develop my character on your server.

Name: John Vasey (As of right now, hoping to get something sorted out soon)
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Damn. Didn't see this part when I wrote his back-story in the above sections, anyway, I'll write it out in a more detailed manner.

Frederick Vasey (Currently John Vasey) was first positioned at City 18. He quickly became friends with a man named Joseph Murta, a man in his late thirties, and was introduced to one of his friends, Stephan. And so they continued on with their daily lives, until an apartment search one day, Joseph and Stephan shared a room; and theirs was next to Fred's. As their apartment was being searched, he began hearing movement, followed by shouting. He didn't quite catch what it was about though, then, he heard Joseph shout loudly and violently, then a shot, a shotgun. Fred caught his breath then darted out of the room, into Josephs. At this time, Joe was in combat with another CP, but there was two CPs and immediately brought him down, I dragged one off of him then kicked the other in the ribs, causing him to roll off. The other CP grabbed my leg and yanked causing me to fall down, I kicked him in the face repeatedly causing him to let go. I stood up, yanked the Pistol from the CPs belt, and then I heard his muffled voice from behind the helmet "Officer needs assistance!" I raised the pistol, and shot him. Then dragged the other CP off of Joe. It was at this time I noticed Stephan, dead. We escaped the apartment plaza and ran for the slums, we took refuge in an old pizza shop. Citizens are not permitted to be in the slums, so we' get no bother. And so was born the resistance. After a while, and many more events took place, we'd gathered a few more people. And we mainly handed out contra-band food to other citizens.

Then, after a necrotic outbreak, the whole city population was relocated to City 8. Here, me, Joseph Murta and many others eventually took hiding in the subways, and then, after a few (IC) months, we were strong, stronger than ever. We'd gotten many outside connections, and black market trading's, including firearms. So we struck back against the Civil Protection, with all our forces and fire-power. But unfortunately, the OTA units overthrew us, and we were crushed. But what we did do was manage to escape, escaped into the out-lands. It was relatively peaceful there, an OTA patrol every now and again, but other than that. Nothing much.

Now, I'd just like to say that all of this happened over a very long period of time, and therefore there were lots of resistance based events that eventually made my character battle-hardened (To an extent) and a descent shot with a weapon.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Accurate with weaponry.
Combat experience - Hand-to-hand to, giving me an edge over most citizens, and a better chance of fighting a CP.
Higher chance of getting black market connections - I'm willing to get rid of that if you feel it's inappropriate.
Less sensitive to violence.

Defects
Gets angry with people easier.
Has a hatred of loyalists (This could have consequences, as they maybe suspicious as of why)

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I need these perks to further develop my character, in a sense. My character has scarred hands right now, and when a citizen thought I looked quite shady and asked about them. I simply had to smirk and reply "Long story, I'm sure you'll hear it one day" As I couldn't actually say the things I need Obviously though I wouldn't have just stated I was part of the resistance in the open.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Not sure if they'll join, but:
Doombug - Joseph Murta
Rhys - Rhys (I don't remember what surname he gos by)
Those are the other two core resistance members.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
I have quite the back-story (Since it's real) so I'd very much like to keep my actual characteristics.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'm really in doubt regarding this app.
The background could be a lot more detailed, from what I can hear you've been out for.
I see a slight problem in the weapon auth you are asking for, but I'm not quite sure yet.
The H2H auth, I see no problems in really.
Thr blackmarket thing as thr last one; You gain IC contacts on the server for such. Except weapons though.

Neutral for this app atm.
Waiting for another admin's response.

Offline [DGC] Vasey105

• View Profile
    • Awards
Thank you for a response, and I'm new in the issue of applications (I've never needed any extra auths in other servers) So I'm unsure in how you think it could be more detailed. Would it be better if I described more individual events? I've got a few key events that I can remember that may prove appropriate.

from what I can hear you've been out for.
When you say that do you mean how long I've been RPing?

I see a slight problem in the weapon auth you are asking for, but I'm not quite sure yet.
I don't see how you see a problem. Could you elaborate a little more on that? Or maybe I've worded it in-correctly, when I say accurate, I don't mean S2K all the time. I mean, better chance of hitting critical areas such as torso.

Offline [DGC] Vasey105

• View Profile
    • Awards
I apologise for rushing it. I'm currently writing something that will show you a full-in-detail back-story of my character in a story kind of format. It may take a while though. So feel free to deny this application as I'll require to make a new one. (Not sure if that sentence made sense or not)

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
As you request the thread locked and denied, I'll do so.
Good luck with your next app. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal