Author Topic: [Suggestion] Arson...  (Read 3463 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Suggestion] Arson...
« on: August 13, 2012, 01:42:15 AM »
Arson

My idea is quite simple and not over complicated at all. Basically, the idea is arson; obviously. Now, I'm not talking something predictable like a UCH burning or faggots throwing Molotov's at P1 shops or the Nexus as that is just dumb. But this would actually take place in Precinct 3. What happens is an event character or whatever goes and lights a fire that quickly begins to rage in that precinct and for whatever reason burning debris falls into the P3 tunnel (The kinks can be straightened out later, I'm just trying to get my point across) that blocks both entrance and exit from P3. That way citizens can't get out and units can't get in. After a while the fire begins to grow worse and worse and citizens that are trapped in the precinct can either:

A. Cooperate to survive.
B. Be a selfish jerk and screw everyone over to save themselves...
C. Die.
D. Wait for help?
E. Alternative custom choice that I can't think of.

This would be good because it gives an actual citizen based event and not something that the citizens get locked up in the UCH while the CCA have their fun. Obviously this would have to be done when there are a substantial amount of citizens in P3 and on the server in general.  But then that's not even the end of it. This event can then go so far as to even include CCA and even CWU. Medial treatment obviously as the citizens that do manage to escape would surely be suffering from first to third degree burns and can be dealt with accordingly. I'd even be willing to make a character specifically for this event to just die to add some flare to it. Burn alive, crushed by debris, killed by other citizens in panic, etc.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline [WDZ] LavaLord4

• w h a t
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [Suggestion] Arson...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:59:16 PM »
+ support

A citizen-based event that's not just about lolwebuls. I love it.

Offline Keyhen

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 11:46:26 PM »
A great idea, but one flaw: Where would someone get a match, or were planning something more like an exploding turbine?

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 03:48:29 AM »
I've done this before actually.
Though, when I was doing it, I was instantly flamed at, claiming it was unrealistic and so on. No one cared about, what people in the P3 precinct thought, yet they were struggling to survive, walking around in the ruined buildings.
Later I was told over steam, the event was complained about to Kronic and then voided. If any admins would want to get into those troubles, feel free to.

Note; the voiding was never confirmed to me, by Kronic.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 02:37:01 AM »
I happened to be in Precinct Three at the time of the fire Challenge created, along with three other members of the Brotherhood (o7). It was really sweet. The generator managed to catch fire, exploded. The wooden buildings burnt up and the like. Nothing unrealistic was going on. The only reason why people flammed is because they couldn't go into P3 and get in with the roleplay.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline FallingSpikes31

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 03:02:58 AM »
+Support

I like the idea. The Resistance shouldnt be the ones starting it though. Presinct 3 is the place they walk around with no officer bothering them. :)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 06:18:09 AM »
I've done this before actually.
Though, when I was doing it, I was instantly flamed at, claiming it was unrealistic and so on. No one cared about, what people in the P3 precinct thought, yet they were struggling to survive, walking around in the ruined buildings.
Later I was told over steam, the event was complained about to Kronic and then voided. If any admins would want to get into those troubles, feel free to.

Note; the voiding was never confirmed to me, by Kronic.

Thats a shame because I really like this idea, I think Frog told me about this idea at one point and I think it'd be pretty cool to do but if people are gonna complain and whine because "some rp is happening" then idk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal