Author Topic: Catherine Blackstone's Civil Worker Application  (Read 1750 times)

Offline [RRP-O] The Cyberrabbi

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Catherine Blackstone's Civil Worker Application
« on: August 08, 2012, 07:30:59 PM »
~IC PART~
Full Name: Catherine Blackstone
Citizen identification(CID): 91897
Last Assigned Apartment Number: UCH Apartment B6 OOC: No one ever issued one?
Total Loyalist Points: 5
Sex: Female

How long have you been in City45:
OOC: Not sure how ic time works, so just going to assume it's the same as ooc.

One week.

Why do you want to join the CWU?:
The organization is the closest thing approximating a business/guild in the city. Thus, it provides a valuable service that only certain individuals can provide, and profit from. I feel such an opportunity will be stimulating and enjoyable, as well as provide good practice for my various skills.

Have you ever been detained before?(If so why):
I have not.

Past experience with work/labor:
Before the war I ran a lemonade stand on my street corner. I made over a thousand dollars over a summer which I proceeded to put away for my college fund. Taking a series of odd jobs and internships, as well as focusing on my studies, I have worked in cooking, cleaning, accounting, management, advertising, tutoring, nursing, and engineering. Obviously with such a "Jill of all Trades" manner, I feel that my nursing and engineering experience is lacking compared to my business acumen as well as my proficiency with manual labor, but regardless I know how to design basic piping systems, as well as put broken bones in a cast. Not a professional doctor or plumber, but good enough in a pinch.

Name 4 things the CWU Can possess, and 4 things we cant. Also state why.:
At the risk of sounding obvious and faintly sarcastic, I feel giving the easy efficient answers are best.

Can possess: CUU approved request radio, back pack, briefcase, paper and writing utensil.

Can't possess: Alcohol, any substance considered a "drug" (such as coffee), firearms of any type, any non-UU branded produce item (such as an orange must be UU branded to be legally possessed).

Tell us about what you can do.:
As mentioned in the past experience section I have basic experience with design, engineering, and nursing. Primarily I am a businesswoman, and I like to think somewhat of a politician. I am not too proud to get down and dirty and bake, clean, cook, or lift. A true businesswoman is willing to do whatever is necessary to get the job accomplished. Any skill I do not have I am more than willing to learn.

If a citizen asks for help and is new to the city, what would you do?:
I would attempt to serve the system to the best of my ability, as long as I am not currently doing an important job for the CWU or the CCA. If I am indeed busy I would ask whatever CWU members may be on and ask them to help. If no one is available I would pause and do my best to serve, or in the very least take them to an officer of the CCA and ask if they wouldn't mind informing them of their question. In all circumstances except in extreme cases, I would try to take care of it myself, or at least keep it within the CWU.

~OOC Section~
Name: Cyberrabbi
Timezone: CST-6
SteamID: rdegner59
Roleplay Experience: Probably seven years with DnD and Garry's Mod RP and other such things.
Serious Roleplay Experience: Five years serious HL2 Garry's Mod RP
Detail a regular day as a worker of the CWU?:
She would wake up, go to headquarters, see if any of my fellow members are currently having any duties or need any assistance. If they do not she would check the calendar or record book to see what needs doing. If there appears to be nothing she would ask a CCA official if there are any jobs or activities they wish for the CWU to take care of. If not then most likely she would either find work to do, (such as repairing cracked portions of the monument), and ask a CCA member for permission. If I can not do such a job she would most likely attempt to open a CWU stall and begin selling CWU products, as well as giving out request devices.

Character Backstory:
She was born to a white, middle class family, in the suburbs of Texas, United States. It was fairly unremarkable. Her parent's were not uncaring, but they were typically busy with their respective careers, (Medicine for Mother, Law for Father), and thus she had to become self-reliant. She got good grades, mostly A's, some B's, and as she grew her parents began emphasizing that she should start saving for college, hoping she would follow their footsteps into either Law or Medicine. Unfortunately, given their emphasis in her savings, she found her true calling, Business. Her parents were heart broken as she became more enthralled on absorbing all aspects of Economics and the Business-world, making more than enough money to provide for herself, with various entrepreneurial ventures and internships. Her parents insisted that business helped no one, it merely helped greedy men steal from others. She did agree that the lure of money as a means to glut oneself on their own "success", but she was a realist. Money and bureaucracy make the world go round. Thus she used her excess funds to form charitable ventures, as well as interned a little bit into nursing and engineering, to help design more efficient generators for hospitals, as well as help the Red Cross with finances, and basic patient care. Her parents were more accepting after that. After receiving a full scholarship to the business school at the University of Texas, she eventually earned her MBA in business, and kept increasing her education to earn a Ph.D. in economics. Around that time the war came, and after being moved around a lot, she is now here. Any other aspect of her personal life is unrelated to her job performance, and thus no one but her would really know it unless becoming good friends with her.

Edit: Changed the OOC section from an IC tone, changing I's and "my" to her's.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:38:57 AM by The Cyberrabbi »

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Catherine Blackstone's Civil Worker Application
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 07:51:07 PM »
Accepted for interview

Had a chance of roleplaying with you for a short while on the server. I look forward to being able too more.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal