Author Topic: Thomas Drew.'s Authorization Application  (Read 1486 times)

Thomas Drew.'s Authorization Application
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:00:25 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: I am the doctor/Juggernaut.
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3-4 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Former cross country runner.
Former Free runner/courier.
Pistol Marksmanship.
IWB(In the waistband holster) Holster.

Name: Thomas Drew.
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
April, 1995
The streets of Seattle were nearly flooded as a Taxi came speeding along to the hospital.
Inside was a Paniced Driver and a young woman in labour, no older then 18.
"How far are we!?" She moaned.  "Not that far" The paniced driver said as he pulled in to parking lot rushing to the entrance to get her out.
When they stopped by the door the driver jumped out of the car and ran in to the building, a minute later a nurse and a doctor came out with a wheel chair to try to get her inside, but it was too late.
After giving birth in the car they wheeled her in to the hospital and moved them to the correct ward, the Doctor asked her what would she like to name the baby. She said Thomas, after the child's Grandfather.

August, 2001.

"But mom, I don't wanna go to school!" The young Child said.
"I don't care, you need to go moneys tight and I can't afford to let you hang around here all day." The mother said.
"But I haven't even had breakfast!" Thomas said, "I know, they'll feed you there... I hope.." The mother replied.

Thomas, no more then six years old walked out and climbed up on the bus looking around, finding the only empty seat sitting next to a kid with a mo' hawk.
"So whats your name?" Thomas Asked. "Jake, Yours?" He replied, "Thomas".

Before arriving at the school Jake and Thomas were already becoming fast friends, In first grade all the way to fourth the bond between them grew stronger and stronger.

When they started in Middle school, Jake and Thomas saw some Kids running around, jumping and climbing up on things. So they went and asked what they were doing, that's when they got introduced to free running.
After that Thomas and Jake couldn't get enough of it. Thomas found him self getting in to cross country, as well as sprinting.

When in the first year of High school Jake and Thomas got in a fight over a girl, Thomas broke Jake's noise and Jake broke Thomas's arm in that fight. After that they didn't speak for two years.

Towards the end of high school Thomas's mother lost her already low income job and Thomas wasn't eating nearly enough to keep up his strength  for cross country or free running.

But that's when the community picked the both of them up, providing donations to help keep food in the house, as well as Thomas getting invited to his friends house for meals. Thanks to the them, They got to keep their home and Thomas got to go to state for cross country.

Thomas never did get to collage, he picked up a fair income job working at a dinner as a waiter.

August 11th, 2015. Thomas was sleeping in when it hit, massive explosions ripped around the house he'd been sharing with his mother, He went to check out expecting to find the Soldiers that normally guard from Xen life but they were gone and what ever was happening was getting closer. Thomas decided to brave leaving the house as he looked outside he saw massive tripods ripping apart the nearby street and he ran for it. Trying to reach his mother dinner he got cut off by a firefight between Soldiers and one of the strange tripods, which preceded to rip the soldiers apart.

He took off running then he saw a site that horrified him, a group of kids getting massacred by the soldiers. Thomas yelled out, but he couldn't be heard over the screaming. So again he turned and ran this time heading for a nearby apartment building.

He hid till the fighting passed in the abandoned apartment building. After he didn't hear fighting for an hour, he and a few other people who were trapped in the apartment building exited and looked around. They found the military forced slaughtered and Thomas started looking for his mother among the broken city, He never found her and assumed she was dead and gave him self up to the invaders for processing.

Date: Unknown, Year: 2016.
With a loud thud Thomas hit the ground from being thrown in a dark room. "What are you going to do? Kill me?" He asked.
"No, in fact we're going to ask for your help... " A strange man replied.

The man turned the light on to the room, Revealing a small abandoned apartment with maps of City Eight, City Seventeen, City Eleven, and City Forty five.

"Who are you?" Thomas asked.
"A courier service." The man chuckled in reply.

After Thomas got to talking with them, they offered him a job transporting packages around City forty five to some less than Loyal citizens. Thomas accepted to get his mind off his hope less search for his mother. When Thomas asked why they offered him a job the man smiled and replied " We've been watching people all over this city for runners, you seem to be better then anyone here at finding routes around the city."

"Now lets get this skinny fucker fed" The man ordered his team.

After a good meal, he introduced him to his teacher and who would be running with him for his first missions. A younger girl named Sarah.

For the next few days, Sarah trained Thomas in nutrition and more things about free running and the pair of them started to get close.

Then a day before their first trip Sarah got one of the other team members to teach Thomas, Who till then only saw handguns in the hands soldiers and Civil Protection a 9mm pistol and taught him the basics of trigger control, back stops and carrying concealed as well as operations of the fire arm. Thomas didn't feel safe carrying the side arm, but followed orders from Sarah to do so.

Their first mission went with out problems and when they got back the team leader gave Thomas a holster made to be worn on the inside of the pants, and taught him how to wear it properly.

The next few missions Thomas did by him self, still hanging around the base when he can, and following Sarah's instructions on nutrition to try to stay as healthy as possible.

Date: unknown, Year: 2017.

Thomas walked up the abnormally abandoned street and walked in to the apartment building where the teams base was. When he entered he was greeted with Guns pointed at his head by his own team. "What the fuck is going on?!" he asked.
The team leader grabbed him and pulled him inside then shut and locked the door saying "We got reports that there might be a raid here any second..." he replied.
Thomas's eyes widened then they heard a banging from below of the combine breaching. The team leader kicked up a few of the floor panels and said "Thomas get inside, your the only one who'll fit." Following his orders he did so getting in there and hiding. As the combine breached the door they tossed in a flash grenade, Blinding everyone inside including Thomas.

Then he heard a scream followed by hundreds of gun shots from the direction of the door, when he finally regained eye sight he looked up and saw blood dripping from the floor panels, Thomas waited there hours trying to process what just happened. When he looked around he saw a packet and grabbed it. Climbing out from under the panels he looked around and saw everything taken, the maps, his friends, everything.

He started to make his way out of the apartment building and then out of the city reading the instructions on the packet on what to do if there was an attack. The packet told him to make his way to a place in the mountains called "Ineu pass". During the trip Thomas ran in to a bandit ground that shot him and took his fire arm and ammo. But when he heard them coming and hid the packet. When he manged to pull him self up he grabbed the packet and kept going with a gun shot to the shoulder, making his way to the pass and into the arms of one of the clinic medics called Joanna Sinbow, who he gave the packet to.

After Joanna and Matthew Henderson helped him process what happened in the city and in the war, he started eating till following the instructions that Sarah gave him.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Faster running then the normal person.
-More flexible then most people, allowing him to climb higher objects.
-Ability to conceal a handgun.
-Ability to properly fire a handgun.

Defects
-Possible PTSD due to what he saw in the war, and the Civil protection units massacring his friends.
-Relying on more food to keep him self healthy enough to stay in some what good shape.
-Holster is useless unless he finds a handgun.
-Wants revenge on the combine, which could get him killed.
-Mentally unstable due to what he saw/his rage for the combine could make him violent, or other people violent to him.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan on using this character for scouting roles and possibly move him in to the city and try to start a way for anti-citizen groups to communicate with out the risk of someone listening in to the radio.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Both

Extra Notes (optional):
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Thomas Drew.'s Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:25:59 AM »
I like the application. Well-written. Though, considering that there barely is any/enough food to provide all the neccecary stuff, your running skills and such would probably be hindered slightly. Besides that, you have my +support, as i know you are an excellent roleplayer aswell.

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:21:49 PM »
I've Rped with Juggernaut a lot over the past few months, and i can honestly vouch for his awesome RP.

The story makes sense, and it's very well written. So i'm giving this a +Support

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 01:15:16 AM »
The authorisations you are seeking are covered adequately in the backstory and haven't raised any concerns with the administration team from I gather so consider this accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal