Poll

Which of these options do you want to see on OCRP2

Release with RP_EvoCity_V2D.
5 (5.2%)
Release with RP_EvoCity_V2D, and CHANGE to RP_EvoCity_V33X on Sep 24th.
31 (32%)
Release with RP_EvoCity_V33X.
61 (62.9%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: August 11, 2012, 06:45:56 AM

Author Topic: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Map Poll  (Read 16722 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Map Poll
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 01:40:46 AM »
I really think everybody should think good about this before they vote. Voting for option 3 can mean that nobody will know about OCRP2, and just refuse to join the server, because we are running such a big map. If we start out on v2d, then we WILL get more players, we all know that, and then we can do the move to v33x, where we can bring a good amount of players.

Consider this before voting.

What do you mean? Also why make this if you have a strong opinion already~
cause it's up to the community in the end.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 03:48:27 AM »
Seriously, v2d is 5 years old now. Option 3 all the way. If you start out with a fresh, new map, the players you attract will stick, for sure. If OCRP2's going to be as good as you say, it needs a map that will compliment a fresh, new gamemode. Personally I'd look at OCRP2 and call it "same old, same old" if it was released on a map that hasn't gained the best reputation on OCRP1.

Option 2 repeats the failures of the previous attempt to switch to v33x. People will get used to v2d once more with OCRP2 and when you suddenly switch up to v33x on the 24th, the playerbase is likely to plummet as it did in the past. I fear that, if we release it with v2d and try to switch up to v33x, we will only be setting up v33x to fail once more, resulting in being chained down to the damm bitch of a 5-year old map.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 04:06:10 AM »
Seriously, v2d is 5 years old now. Option 3 all the way. If you start out with a fresh, new map, the players you attract will stick, for sure. If OCRP2's going to be as good as you say, it needs a map that will compliment a fresh, new gamemode. Personally I'd look at OCRP2 and call it "same old, same old" if it was released on a map that hasn't gained the best reputation on OCRP1.

Option 2 repeats the failures of the previous attempt to switch to v33x. People will get used to v2d once more with OCRP2 and when you suddenly switch up to v33x on the 24th, the playerbase is likely to plummet as it did in the past. I fear that, if we release it with v2d and try to switch up to v33x, we will only be setting up v33x to fail once more, resulting in being chained down to the damm bitch of a 5-year old map.

I agree, if we start with v2d, we will NEVER get rid of it. So, I vote Option 3.

Offline DrunkGarry

• DRUNKGARRY, OCRP PLAYER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 05:18:18 AM »
I also vote for option 3, it is much better and bigger and more fun!

Offline Wafflepwn_syrup

• Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 05:38:33 AM »
Keep in mind the gamemode will support 50 players.
oh that settles it then we will be forced to go to V33x V2D is waaaay to small for a player base of 40-50 players active.
"You wouldn't worry so much about what people really thought of you if you knew just how seldom they do."
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
“The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night"
"Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there; I do not sleep."
"The most consistent part of all my failures is me"
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
"Why am I dying

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 09:04:09 AM »
Keep in mind the gamemode will support 50 players.
oh that settles it then we will be forced to go to V33x V2D is waaaay to small for a player base of 40-50 players active.
I agree. 50 players(I'm sure the server will get full after release) just sitting around in the city would be really chaotic. V33X is a perfect sized map for 50 players.

Offline Ben

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 12:12:12 PM »
Number 3.

Offline Officer Jackal

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 01:38:32 PM »
I agree with vote number 2. This will give people time to prepare for a map change, and download the necessary map. Also, as v2d continues to get older and older, people may lose interest in it. So, it would be a good choice to start off on V2d, a place where people can get used to the game mode and such, then switch to v33x, which would be much more suitable for the amount of players and game mode.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 03:36:14 PM »
Option three. Why? Cause of this:

-Hype about OCRP2 gets the entire community wanting to play when it releases so they get v33x ready.
-Server becomes full on day one
-As the day goes on and people leave for bead or lunch or whatever, new playters browsing their server list will see the mass amount of players and go "hey lets try this"
-Server continually stays full and attracts players

Offline FanaticWarren

• ElitistFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2012, 04:29:14 PM »
Option Number three in the case of 50 players, V2D is Way to small.

After reading some posts, Im switching to option Two. Release 33x when the big update comes out.

Keep server full on V2D until the big update come, switch to 33x and it wont lag, Profit?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:32:36 PM by FanaticWarren »

System Specs
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core processor @ 4.6 ghz
RAM: AMD Radeon™ RP1866 Performance Series 16GB
PSU: Ultra X4 750W
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked + PNY GTX 550 TI for physx core

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2012, 04:55:49 PM »
Option Number three in the case of 50 players, V2D is Way to small.

After reading some posts, Im switching to option Two. Release 33x when the big update comes out.

Keep server full on V2D until the big update come, switch to 33x and it wont lag, Profit?

Nah. Thats the point. It wont be full on v2d. Personally im sick of v2d which is why i voted 3.

~silent
Bananananannanananana

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 09:20:47 PM »
I voted for 2.

I would like to Experience OCRP2 on both maps.

Offline xmathewx75

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2012, 12:45:47 AM »
Voting 3 - Some way or anthor. If we choose V2D now and got v33x later, we will still have new players later on not knowing how to play.

Offline A Dark Tree

• WHITE
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2012, 05:56:45 PM »
I vote for 3!  I agree completely with mathew.
Add me on steam, the name is Saaaaaaaaaaaan.

Offline -=ARC=- Mattmax059

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2012, 06:59:54 PM »
1 because when i try to use a server with V33x it says something i forgot but i cant play it cause of some error...
(-.(-.(-.-).-).-)
\\\\r\\\\n

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal