Author Topic: Harrison Smutson's Authorization Application  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Harrison Smutson's Authorization Application
« on: July 26, 2012, 12:46:10 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Tapir!
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About Six Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About Four Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Having gone to College in Australia. Majored in Engineering, Minored in Social Sciences.

Name: Harrison Smutson
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Harrison was no super-genius, Nor was he dumb either. He could be considered, for lack of a better word, average. Before the Seven Hour war, Harrison was average in every way. He began his intelectual life, like all other children, in pre-school. He worked his way up to elementary, middle, and through high school without a hiccup. He passed with average grades, B's and C's. Harrison, in every way, was a normal child into his adulthood. Even his choice of majors in college were quite bland. Engineering, and Social Sciences. If Stephen Hawking represents the black, and Forrest Gump represents the white, Harrison was the perfect shade of grey. All this changed, when the resonance cascade began and the Seven Hour war came to Fruition.

Harrison lived in australia. Being an Island continent, it was among the last places to be hit by the Combine Invasion. Harrison, upon the combines arrival, was immediatley shoved into City 229, at the heart of what was once Sydney. Harrison found his stay in sydney, however, short lived. Some kind of computer glitch re-assigned Harrison to City 18. He was instantly shoved on a train, and spent the next few months moving from area to area, stopping for days or weeks at a time at cities. He stopped at City 186, in central australia. He was then taken to City 134 on the Northern coast. At each of these cities, he came to know, and on more than one occasion be rescued by, the officers of the town. Harrison had a nasty habit of being naieve to the world around him, and on more than one occasion, he was attacked by another citizen. The CCA always came to his aid, even though at times they themselves would attack him for infringments, like swearing or running.

After harrison spent 3 weeks on a shippment boat, loaded with goods headed for the coast, including dormant striders, hunters, stalkers, and OTA headed to africa. He was sedated and loaded onto a combine dropship, along with other supplies headed for City 62, his final stop before City 18. Before he made his way to City 62, the combine recieved word of City 18's collapse, and he was re-directed to City 45, after his stop in City 62. However, complications were encountered on harrisons trip. The Ship he was riding in malfunctioned, and, dropping its load, crashed over the Sahara.

After Harrisons alotted sleep time was completed, he awoke, rather than onboard a train headed for City 45, in the middle of the desert in a crash-zone. Alongside him awoke the only surviving CONSCRIPT, slightly injured, but most of its impact had been protected by the restraints on its body, rendered useless. Most of the Onboard Transhumans and Stalkers had survived the crash, but would not awake untill activated by the Combine, and therefore were ignored by Harrison and the now-free Vortigaunt. Harrison spent the next week with the vortigaunt, they helped to care for each other, and shared stories and conversations. The vortigaunt ended up getting killed by an antlion, saving Harrisons life, while he hid from the swarm inside the damaged Crate. Soon after, the Combine went to recover anything from the crash, and found 5/7 recoverable Stalkers and 8/8 Recoverable OTA. They also found all the CONSCRIPTS to be dead, and the human passanger to have survived. Eventually, Harrison was brought to City 62, and in connection, City 45, his final destination.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Advanced Knowledge on Engineering
A minor understanding of Social Situations, being able to bend them to his benefit, and manipulate people
Engineering Experience, an edge on getting into GRID with the CCA

Defects
A college education could attact negitave attention
My character could develop a holier than thou attitude, realising most other citizens havn't gone to college, or are too old for it to matter.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Join Grid, build things. I plan to manufacture things for my own use, makeshiftly. I'm going to use exceprts from Vortigaunt history and such to make easier friends with CONSCRIPTS, mabye secretley aid in an escape. :P

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 06:54:12 AM by Tapir »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Harrison Smutson's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 01:25:07 AM »
-support

Barely any effort went into the creation of the backstory.

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Harrison Smutson\'s Authorization Application
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 10:26:48 AM »
*shrug*  i don't know what to say about that. I mean, it's rather useless to sit there and describe his life outside the city, before the war. It doesn't really matte to us WHY he went to college, it just matters that he did. and in Todays day and age, it's not like college is an uncommon degree. If i was asking for something more advanced, like a PhD. which takes 6-8 years of advanced education, i'd go into more detail as-per what drove him to strive for the PhD. I'd also make my character older. But, considering this all takes place in the near future, and i think the resonance cascade is supposed to have-happened this year, a college education would have been a pretty normative choice, no matter your economic or educational status (unless you were lower-class, which he clearly wasn't).

Post Auto-Merged: July 26, 2012, 10:36:03 AM
Backstory modified to add more depth.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:36:03 AM by Tapir »

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »
If you do not feel you should have to make a back story then do not go and make an Authorization app. The reason for back stories is so we can tell you actually want these flags and that you will work for them, along with telling us more about your character and how you might use these auths - There are many other little small things that do not matter to say.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Harrison Smutson\'s Authorization Application
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 09:13:34 PM »
Duly noted, purple. I'm incorporating my characters entire backstory into the app now, so yeah, thank you for giving me a second chance, if you do.

Post Auto-Merged: July 27, 2012, 12:54:54 AM
Player Section

Steam Name: Tapir!
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About Six Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About Four Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Having gone to College in Australia. Majored in Engineering, Minored in Social Sciences.
Slight Knowledge of Vortigaunts and Vortigaunt Society

Name: Harrison Smutson
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Harrison was no super-genius, Nor was he dumb either. He could be considered, for lack of a better word, average. Before the Seven Hour war, Harrison was average in every way. He began his intelectual life, like all other children, in pre-school. He worked his way up to elementary, middle, and through high school without a hiccup. He passed with average grades, B's and C's. Harrison, in every way, was a normal child into his adulthood. Even his choice of majors in college were quite bland. Engineering, and Social Sciences. If Stephen Hawking represents the black, and Forrest Gump represents the white, Harrison was the perfect shade of grey. All this changed, when the resonance cascade began and the Seven Hour war came to Fruition.

Harrison lived in australia. Being an Island continent, it was among the last places to be hit by the Combine Invasion. Harrison, upon the combines arrival, was immediatley shoved into City 229, at the heart of what was once Sydney. Harrison found his stay in sydney, however, short lived. Some kind of computer glitch re-assigned Harrison to City 18. He was instantly shoved on a train, and spent the next few months moving from area to area, stopping for days or weeks at a time at cities. He stopped at City 186, in central australia. He was then taken to City 134 on the Northern coast. At each of these cities, he came to know, and on more than one occasion be rescued by, the officers of the town. Harrison had a nasty habit of being naieve to the world around him, and on more than one occasion, he was attacked by another citizen. The CCA always came to his aid, even though at times they themselves would attack him for infringments, like swearing or running.

After harrison spent 3 weeks on a shippment boat, loaded with goods headed for the coast, including dormant striders, hunters, stalkers, and OTA headed to africa. He was sedated and loaded onto a combine dropship, along with other supplies headed for City 62, his final stop before City 18. Before he made his way to City 62, the combine recieved word of City 18's collapse, and he was re-directed to City 45, after his stop in City 62. However, complications were encountered on harrisons trip. The Ship he was riding in malfunctioned, and, dropping its load, crashed over the Sahara.

After Harrisons alotted sleep time was completed, he awoke, rather than onboard a train headed for City 45, in the middle of the desert in a crash-zone. Alongside him awoke the only surviving CONSCRIPT, slightly injured, but most of its impact had been protected by the restraints on its body, rendered useless. Most of the Onboard Transhumans and Stalkers had survived the crash, but would not awake untill activated by the Combine, and therefore were ignored by Harrison and the now-free Vortigaunt. Harrison spent the next week with the vortigaunt, they helped to care for each other, and shared stories and conversations. The vortigaunt ended up getting killed by an antlion, saving Harrisons life, while he hid from the swarm inside the damaged Crate. Soon after, the Combine went to recover anything from the crash, and found 5/7 recoverable Stalkers and 8/8 Recoverable OTA. They also found all the CONSCRIPTS to be dead, and the human passanger to have survived. Eventually, Harrison was brought to City 62, and in connection, City 45, his final destination.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Advanced Knowledge on Engineering
A minor understanding of Social Situations, being able to bend them to his benefit, and manipulate people
Engineering Experience, an edge on getting into GRID with the CCA
Small understanding of Vortigaunts, possible ability to Coax CONSCRIPTs into talking with him

Defects
A college education could attact negitave attention
My character could develop a holier than thou attitude, realising most other citizens havn't gone to college, or are too old for it to matter.
If the CCA ever found out he knew things about vorts, he could be deemed anti-citizen or have his Acceptance into the CCA revoked.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Join Grid, build things. I plan to manufacture things for my own use, makeshiftly. I plan to manipulate situations to my benefit, especially with officers

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):

Application HEAVILY touched up. Backstory Expanded, new auth added. Please reconsider?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:54:54 AM by Tapir »

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 12:47:31 AM »
Remove the new authorization you added, this is simply because it is going to become to complicated if people add auths to apps that have been read before or looked at by administrators and given opinions.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 06:56:09 AM »
done.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 10:07:12 PM »
I still don't see that much of an improvement since the last edit, so I'm going to deny this, the amount of effort being given for this is very poor.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal