Author Topic: Howard Biggs's Authorization Application  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
Howard Biggs's Authorization Application
« on: July 25, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Dublinjd
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 8 months
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 7 months

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Medical and Science experience And the ability to have a PHD

Name: Howard Biggs
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Howard was born 1973 in Russia,He was a smart young boy,His favorite hero was Albert Einstein,But he kept this to himself because the other kids would tease him,His father was a stock broker and his mother was a rich doctor, He never got in trouble with the teacher and never fought with people,He liked helping people such as his friend,Who fell and hurt his head,Howard who was 6 at the time had to preformed medical surgery on him,He got a piece of glue and some bandages and glued the bandage on his friends head,When Howard was a teen,His parents realized he could not visit normal schools,With his IQ of 139 he was ready to become a genius,So he studied at private prep schools,He was sent to a private high school were he took a interest in physics,He got graduated and spent a year of his holidays with his parents studying Physics and Medicine.
Howard was thought as one of the most smartest kids in the world,But he realized that if he became a famous physicist then he would be praised as one of the smartest men in the world,His parents sent him to Oxford university Where he studied at the Ivy-league University,He made a project working on theoretical physics,He successfully completed the project,But he failed because he missed one particle,He realized that a particle accelerator could make this particle but he did not have the funds,He went to  fundraiser were he met a woman who would give him enough money for the machine,He bought the machine and made this particle,He was awarded a Associates degree,
He studied medical problems such as: Spontaneous Human Combustion and Effects of Ionizing radiation with people,He then studied cosmic rays and became a teacher in the university,He tried hard to get a study,He got a job in astrophysics and worked on finding Supernova-115,A star so powerful it has the unknown element-115,He found a  bit of the Tunguska explosion which contained the element,He was promoted to the head of the university,Which he earned his Bachelors degree, and made sure the students studied the projects they were given,He was then awarded with a Pass so he could see the legendary Higgs Boson,He realized that this atom was powerful and he sought to make his own,He made a miniature Higgs boson with his small hadron collider.He was awarded for his success With a masters degree,He learned about nuclear physics and made his own Nuclear Weapon of mass destruction,He was then protested by Eco-zealots who raged against his discovery,He made his last discovery of science,He found out what the purpose of everything was,It was life,He realized that our main goal in life is a test,To see what mankind would lead up to,If we were destroyed by humans then we would be the ones who failed at life,We were the ones to live this long,He was awarded the university highest honor,He was marked as the most successful scientist in the university,He was volunteered to Marine base were he was working on a fully autonomous system that could not drown,He was nearly finishing the system until he had to go back,He was promoted to the head of a research project,The project working on making the supernova bomb,As of this bombs ability was as huge as a supernova and has the ability to cause mass destruction in a country with in a minute,He finished it and was sent to Washington to meet with the president,Because of his success he was elected for vice president but voted no by Eco-zealots who thought differently of his life purpose theory,He made a speech about his theory to the citizens of the country,Howard said this: "As a human race we lived to succeed in Terror and Global dominance,But as a superior race we say here is the pecking order,We are the ones who had the chance of life but we ruined many lives,And well i say this,A man is judged by the color of his skin or the race he is chose from,If this was not it that then it would be by the persons hair or the persons looks or the persons feelings,To do this would be a mad. By the time when he was 24 he was one of the most famous scientists in the world,When he was 39 the combine attacked the earth and he was sent to City 18,Then he was relocated to many city's such as:City 17,City 22,City 19,City 25,City 39 and City 45 where he stayed,He was awarded 1000 tokens by a citizen that liked him,But as he liked preserving knowledge he bought a permit for books,And he discovered that he could only sell UU Brands,He then realized that:He kept a PHD back in Oxford,So he was temporary relocated to city 62 where Oxford formerly was,He walked into the University,He remembered what had happened  last time he seen the University,It was Thursday,All the students were studding Nikola Tesla's work,
Then the combine took all the students outside and grabbed Howard by the throat,He was taken outside and put on a train,Where he moved from City to City,He went into the office,It was speckled with dust,There in the edge of the room was the desk,He opened up the drawer and found his degrees and highest Achievements,He got his suitcase opened it up and tossed his items inside,Howard knowing that it was fine to have a PHD did not mean he was going to be arrested,Howard was searched,The combine found the degrees,And said,"What are these". Howard replied "They are my degrees that is my PHD",The CP said "Well fine you can keep them",Howard took a train back to City 45 with his PHD,And since it was alright of him to own the piece of paper,He likes having it,Its not like the PHD is illegal,He studied Combine laws and none of them said anything about a PHD being illegal.
What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks

The ability to get the Ph.d
The ability to legally have the PHD.
The ability of Experience with medical and scientific research.

Defects
The defect of:Not being able to do anything with the PHD.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to keep the PHD of both my medical and scientific past,
And so everyone can see my accomplishments.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Well my assistants need the authorization for the PHD.
But some people that will help that i know are: Micheal Yellow.   

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional): I have added Howard's Childhood and His Post Seven Hour War Life.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:02:58 PM by Howard Biggs »

Offline Mystiouz

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Howard Biggs's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 04:25:40 PM »
I haev seen him RP, and if I may say he is a very good RPer I fully support this APP Support+1

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 05:15:44 PM »
Not really any effort put into what you are applying for man...Try expanding on the backstory.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
If you want medical/science And a Ph.D, you'll need a lot more for the backstory, a lot.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 06:15:19 PM »
-support simply on the grounds that not nearly enough detail has been put into the backstory.

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 07:39:11 PM »
I have edited it again with a better back story.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 08:19:27 PM »
Still not enough. Its pretty obvious there's very little effort being put into this.

So, you have 1 week to improve the backstory, if its still not legit, then this will just be denied.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 08:12:27 PM »
-Support, not enough detail for what you are trying to get.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Howard Biggs\\\\\\\'s Authorization Application
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 12:21:36 PM »
If you are wondering Friday is my last day that i will edit it for my final cut of the story.

Post Auto-Merged: July 27, 2012, 12:52:30 PM
I am working to the bone,I fell as though the story is hitting rock bottom and it will  be denied,But i will be doing edits every time i get a review.

Post Auto-Merged: July 27, 2012, 01:18:44 PM
I have edited it,And the next edit if this does not work out will be the last one.

Post Auto-Merged: July 27, 2012, 01:42:23 PM
Player Section

Steam Name: Dublinjd
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 8 months
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 7 months

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Medical and Science experience And authorization to do medical and Science tasks plus Having a Ph.d

Name: Howard Biggs
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Howard was born 1973 in Russia,He was a smart young boy,His favorite hero was Albert Einstein,But he kept this to himself because the other kids would tease him,He never got in trouble with the teacher and never fought with people,He liked helping people such as his friend,Who fell and hurt his head,Howard who was 6 at the time had to preformed medical surgery on him,He got a piece of glue and some bandages and glued the bandage on his friends head,When Howard was a teen,His parents realized he could not visit normal schools,With his IQ of 139 he was ready to become a genius,So he studied at private prep schools,He was sent to a private high school were he took a interest in physics,He got graduated and spent a year of his holidays with his parents studying Physicists and Medicine.
Howard was thought as one of the most smartest kids in the world,But he realized that if he became a famous physicist then he would be praised as one of the smartest men in the world,His parents sent him to Oxford university Where he studied at the Ivy-league University,He made a project working on theoretical physics,He successfully completed the project,But he failed because he missed one particle,He realized that a particle accelerator could make this particle but he did not have the funds,He went to  fundraiser were he met a woman who would give him enough money for the machine,He bought the machine and made this particle,He was awarded a Associates degree,
He studied medical problems such as: Spontaneous Human Combustion and Effects of Ionizing radiation with people,He then studied cosmic rays and became a teacher in the university,He tried hard to get a study,He got a job in astrophysics and worked on finding Supernova-115,A star so powerful it has the unknown element-115,He found a  bit of the Tunguska explosion which contained the element,He was promoted to the head of the university,Which he earned his Bachelors degree, and made sure the students studied the projects they were given,He was then awarded with a Pass so he could see the legendary Higgs Boson,He realized that this atom was powerful and he sought to make his own,He made a miniature Higgs boson with his small hadron collider.He was awarded for his success With a masters degree,He learned about nuclear physics and made his own Nuclear Weapon of mass destruction,He was then protested by Eco-zealots who raged against his discovery,He made his last discovery of science,He found out what the purpose of everything was,It was life,He realized that our main goal in life is a test,To see what mankind would lead up to,If we were destroyed by humans then we would be the ones who failed at life,We were the ones to live this long,He was awarded the university highest honor,He was marked as the most successful scientist in the university,He was volunteered to Marine base were he was working on a fully autonomous system that could drown,He was nearly finishing the system until he had to go back,He was promoted to the head of a research project,The project working on making the supernova bomb,As of this bombs ability was as huge as a supernova and has the ability to cause mass destruction in a country with in a minute,He finished it and was sent to Washington to meet with the president,Because of his success he was elected for vice president but voted no by Eco-zealots who thought differently of his life purpose theory,He made a speech about his theory to the citizens of the country,Howard said this: "As a human race we lived to succeed in Terror and Global dominance,But as a superior race we say here is the pecking order,We are the ones who had the chance of life but we ruined many lives,And well i say this,A man is judged by the color of his skin or the race he is chose from,If this was not it that then it would be by the persons hair or the persons looks or the persons feelings,To do this would be a mad. By the time when he was 34 he was one of the most famous scientists in the world,When he was 39 the combine attacked the earth and he was sent to City 18,Then he was relocated to many city's such as:City 17,City 22,City 19,City 25,City 39 and City 45 where he stayed,He was awarded 1000 tokens by a citizen that liked him,But as he liked preserving knowledge he bought a permit for books,And he discovered that he could only sell UU Brands,He sold books,One day a citizen came in saying he did not have cash but he would trade his medical bag filled with Medical Equipment including Combine tools,So Howard said "OK",So Howard asked a combine if he could have a permit that could let him use Medical Equipment,The combine said he could interview Howard if he promised him one thing:If he would never help rebels or Anti-Citizens,Howard agreed and he was interviewed.
What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
The allowance to: Legal do medical and scientific tests
The ability to get the Ph.d
The ability to help people with Disease and Broken bones and infections.
The ability to use medical equipment such as a: Bone saw Gigli saw,And the ability to do medical amputation if necessary.
The ability to Have expert medical knowledge and have worked in Oxford 
The ability to Do surgery or science without getting arrested.
Defects
The defect of: Not being able to help people with Major injuries
The defect of: Not being able to help people with zombie bites
The defect of: Not being able to help people with Bullet wounds.
The defect of: Scientific and medical tests can only be done with authorization of the combine.
The defect of: Being quiet about his past life.
The defect of:Not able to do extreme tests that would endanger:The Combine or the City.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to open a hospital and help Citizens who are hurt and have a  Ph.d so i can have medical knowledge,And anyone will bullet holes or zombie Bites shall be: Brought to the combine for Infection and Crime against the state because of them being a danger to the public,
And also do Scientific tests that will not cause weapons or go against the combine in anyway.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Well my assistants need the authorization for Medical knowledge.
But some people that will help that i know are: Micheal Yellow.   

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional): I have added Howard Childhood and post seven hour war life.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:42:23 PM by Howard Biggs »

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »
Good edits, but I will say that the last part on there, the medical part, in un-canon.

You cannot get a permit for medical supplies, nor would any Combine allow any citizen to even have them.

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Howard Biggs\\\\\\\'s Authorization Application
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 03:20:08 PM »
Well i have agreed to your idea so i will get rid of the medical permit and i will edit it to something more better.

Post Auto-Merged: July 27, 2012, 03:32:09 PM
Well i looked over the application and thought that i would need some edits So i got rid of the medical parts,But i realized that i could become a scientist.

Post Auto-Merged: July 28, 2012, 11:41:57 AM
So i realized that i needed some way to do this without breaking CP law so i found out that i can have experience and the degrees without doing anything.

Post Auto-Merged: July 28, 2012, 12:00:26 PM
My last edit,Its finally done,I putted so much work into it,
It took me 3 hours total to make this.
Last edit-Signed Howard Biggs.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:00:26 PM by Howard Biggs »

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 02:49:36 PM »
Well you will have to read my edit again and then you need to say yes or no,Because i can not just have a application that is not accepted or denied

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 03:32:41 PM »
I'm going to have to deny this. The backstory itself, honestly really isn't all that long, plus there are things in it, which just are not legit.

This entire backstory honestly bothers me, I see many flaws, and its hardly realistic, especially for someone wanting a PHd, and who is a supposed 'genius'.

I suggest, if you want to apply for this again in the future, you read up on what you want to be applying for, so you have legit knowledge of what you want.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal