Author Topic: Official In-Character Information  (Read 13057 times)

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Official In-Character Information
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »
why is english the primary language spoken if we're in romania
Most likely because everyone here is English speaking?

Truth be told the combine would have most likely standardize too a single language too make communicating easier(From what I understand English the second top most spoken language and is a lot easier to learn the Chinese)

This. And what Lone said. Chinese speaking people could be in America or something.

Yeah, even if English is in second place, it would be easier to have all the Europeans, South Americans, and others learn a different language with their own lettering than the hurpty durpty Chinese letters.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 10:37:47 AM »
English isnt eaiser for asians just because they use symbolish letters instead. English is probably as hard for them to learn that it is for you to learn chinese, and to be honest, i didnt find korean that very hard. Makes a lot of sense.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 06:46:33 AM »
updated yay
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 07:22:32 AM »
City 11 is in Tibet? The map looks European, though.

So does City 23, yet Statua says it's in Mumbai, India...?
o7

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 07:25:21 AM »
You can only make a place look so eastern with HL2 mapping props, which all come from C17.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 08:10:39 AM »
Yeah, well were those maps even intended to be eastern? I heard somewhere that C23 what meant to represent Amsterdam or some shit.
o7

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 08:25:48 AM »
Hmm... So this looks like City 38 map will be in Ukraine. So by extension we'll be a metaphorical stones-throw away from Nova Prospekt?

On second thoughts, after looking them up on google earth, it appear to be pretty much the same distance as C45.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 08:45:16 AM by The 11th Doctor »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 10:36:09 AM »
Phoenix is on the list but not Houston?(4th largest city in the US).
Not to mention, most the city's should be eastern European for the larger housing units and further away from "Ground zero"(Where the portal storm would have been, Over black mesa) Assuming they spread out to all the near by cities and the destruction caused the surrender, Houston and Phoenix would have been almost totally wiped out.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 11:32:03 AM »
KMP made those changes, not me.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 03:31:42 PM »
You had a good chance to make change to the edits made into this thread. Don't blame KillmePlz for making a change, you had a chance to notice yet you didn't.
We'll discuss the points you have brought up in this thread and make further edits if we deem it necessary.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »
Changes can always be made.

Not to mention, most the city's should be eastern European for the larger housing units and further away from "Ground zero"(Where the portal storm would have been, Over black mesa) Assuming they spread out to all the near by cities and the destruction caused the surrender, Houston and Phoenix would have been almost totally wiped out.

Portal storms occurred across the entire globe with equal chances to appear in the U.S.A, England, China, etc. Black Mesa was destroyed by a nuke, not portal storms. Plus Black Mesa is somewhere in southern New Mexico, where Phoenix is out of any nuclear blast zone. The overwhelming force of the UU invading was what caused a surrender, before they even came the storms were happening for years and everyone took housing inside the cities, assuming most of which were destroyed or abandoned after the invasion.

It would also be kinda stupid if most of the cities where in 1 continent and in that continent they only inhabited one section of land.

Quote from: YankeeSamurai

Can't put every map made on this list correctly. I've never even played City 23. Where would you say City 11 is?
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 04:03:28 PM »

Portal storms occurred across the entire globe with equal chances to appear in the U.S.A, England, China, etc. Black Mesa was destroyed by a nuke, not portal storms. Plus Black Mesa is somewhere in southern New Mexico, where Phoenix is out of any nuclear blast zone. The overwhelming force of the UU invading was what caused a surrender, before they even came the storms were happening for years and everyone took housing inside the cities, assuming most of which were destroyed or abandoned after the invasion.

It would also be kinda stupid if most of the cities where in 1 continent and in that continent they only inhabited one section of land.

Can't put every map made on this list correctly. I've never even played City 23. Where would you say City 11 is?

I heard it said from a number of people that C11 was in Bath, England.

(This was back when we were still playing on it, and I must say, it has one of the coolest nexus's that I have seen, but canon might'v changed for it.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 04:06:26 PM by Riemer »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 04:29:18 PM »
You had a good chance to make change to the edits made into this thread. Don't blame KillmePlz for making a change, you had a chance to notice yet you didn't.
We'll discuss the points you have brought up in this thread and make further edits if we deem it necessary.
Uhh dude? I never said I disagreed with this... I just said if people are going to complain, dont complain to me. I just noted KMP was the last to edit the thread.

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 04:30:16 PM »

The nuke blowing up black mesa set off the lamba core(Which on top of the cascade that caused HL1) which in turned, cracked our universe and sent portal energy in to the atmosphere and that caused the portal storms/allowed the combine to access our universe.
Logically following those chain of events, the epicenter(Or ground zero) would be black mesa its self, the combine invading would have destroyed an already crippled US military with shear strength in numbers. The rest of the nations seeing this and the incoming forces would have agreed to the deal that Breen struck with them(When, I don't fucking know) this causing the end of the Seven hour war.
It was already confirmed by Eli in EP2 that the combine forces came through a super portal like the one in the game, they also created it using the same basic methods(The cracks most likely would have healed/the combine would have fixed them over their 20 year occupation of earth) so again, the logical ground zero would have been black mesa, meaning the major cities(Where you've already stated that they would have ran too) nearest to it would have suffered the most damage from said invasion.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 07:13:57 AM »

The cities were not based off population and size of cities.

They were done through location and at points of choosing ones that were in suitable places.
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal