Author Topic: Sophie Porter's Civil Worker Application  (Read 1754 times)

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sophie Porter's Civil Worker Application
« on: July 24, 2012, 02:17:11 PM »
~IC PART~
Full Name: Sophie Porter
Citizen identification(CID): 97567
Last Assigned Apartment Number: A2
Total Loyalist Points: 1
Sex: Female

How long have you been in City45:
I've been living in City 45 for six months.

Why do you want to join the CWU?:
OOC: I've been looking for RP more organized and pin-pointed than the CCA but not as stressful, E.G dealing with minges a lot of the time. I'd also like something more passive when you don't need to be constantly on your toes, I feel the CWU could offer a new perspective of RP.

IC: Before the benefactors had arrived to guide us, I ran a small shop in town. It's really what I've done most of my life and I'm quite a friendly gal so I think I kinda fit the criteria. I'm also looking for something proper to do and a way I can help the Union in it's goals, so joining the Workers' Union would be a big honor.

Have you ever been detained before?(If so why):
Nope. Never broke the laws and I wouldn't dream of it.

Past experience with work/labor:
Worker and eventual Owner of Porter's Minimart, 2000-2015.

Name 4 things the CWU Can possess, and 4 things we cant. Also state why.:
We can possess radios for communication.
We can possess medical supplies if we are in the medical division for treating citizens and Union personnel.
Special issue foods for our services towards the Union.
Flashlights, for selling and for vision.

We can't have weapons, they're dangerous, obviously.
We can't sell ammunition, those can be used in weapons.
We can't have Combine locks or breaching charges, CWU don't need them.
We can't have drugs, like steroids which can be abused. (At least if you're not in the medical division, then again, not sure.)

Tell us about what you can do.:
I can chart what I bought, sold and the profits made. I can keep an eye on the goods and keep them secure, make sure nobody steals them. I'm not a shy talker so I can keep people interested in stock and entertain them. I'm quite friendly so people feel more inclined to talk and buy and I'm a fluent speaker of English so people know what I mean.

If a citizen asks for help and is new to the city, what would you do?:
I'd start by greeting him, my name and that I'm part of the CWU. I might show him around the plaza or draw him up a quick map and I might sell him a beverage or two while we chat. I'd introduce him to the way things work and ways you can help and serve our Benefactors, and what not to do if you want to avoid a beating, civil violations and contraband and the likes.

~OOC Section~
Name: Turian Councilor / Moon
Timezone: GMT+0
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22624838
Roleplay Experience: Around 6 years.
Serious Roleplay Experience: About a year.
Detail a regular day as a worker of the CWU?:
I'd wake up and RP getting dressed and ready, have some breakfast and basically see what needs doing. If any cleaning needed to be done, I'd do that, or any renovating. If none of that needed doing I'd find a building, lock the door and start putting up some decorations for a shop. I'd get some shipments I could get specific to my tier and make a menu, put it on the reception desk.

Once I'd done that, I'd open up the shop and welcome customers into the shop, sell them whatever they needed and make them feel welcome so they might come again. I'd keep a tab on my profits and make sure I've made enough. Once I had and I'm feeling tired, I'd pack up the shop and sell the door, give the keys back and I'd head back to the CWU HQ. I'd wash my uniform daily, have another something to eat and maybe head off to sleep or see if there's anything that needs doing.

Character Backstory:
Sophie was born in the Suburbs surrounding London, lived with her Mam and Dad, who pretty much kept them afloat, financially. He bought and sold stocks, and had a knack at it, sometimes, for entire days Sophie would just watch her dad work his magic, and this is where she got her interest for business. She attended standard public schools, not really interested in anything until she got her options, which of course she picked business for. It was just when she started her new schooling of business that her father and mother moved to a little mart. They fixed it up, put some furniture at the top and lived there for a while. Her dad would work the till most days, her mother would clean and she would do odd jobs and chart some of the finances and profits, work experience, or so she figured.

It was just a normal day when it happened, she was coming back from school to see the shop... if you could call it a shop anymore. The windows were all put out, the items on the shelves, replaced with ashes, if the pre-existing shelves were still there. She ran upstairs as fast as she could and found her mother in the bedroom, holding their family portrait and crying.
"What's wrong?".
"They took him Sophie... they just came in, trashed the place and took him!".
"What... Dad.. but why?!".
"B-Because.." She muttered, stifling a tear, "We're black.. honey."
She hung her head, it was a cruel world, and there was nothing she could do about it. It was actually that very same night she awoke to a  near blinding blue light ripple through the room, quickly dimming down to a small glow. She got out of bed, cautiously walking towards the window, placing one hand around the curtain before the door flew open downstairs, almost alien groans and roars echoing from the ground floor. She stood silent, frozen on the spot until her own door burst open, it was her mother, she spoke in a hectic tone, she was panicking.
"Sophie, get under the bed, now!".
She didn't question why she should do so, she just felt compelled to follow her mother's instructions. It went silent for a few seconds before her door shut and locked.
"Hello, are you still there?".
Silence. It lasted for what could have been an eternity until it was broke until a scream ran through the shop, chilling her down to the bone. A few bangs of something charging against the door followed before ceasing. She didn't have the strength to stay awake, not anymore.

She awoke to the rays of the sun on the wooden floorboards. She slowly opened her eyes, quickly reminiscing the events of the previous night, she shuddered. She got up, her door was still locked. It took some effort, but she managed to kick it down, she started to look around, entering her parent's room. It was covered in blood, she screamed louder than she had ever done before, but it was pretty much a ghost town, everyone was either dead or smart enough to get away. She packed some essentials into her backpack and started to look for survivors, coming across many of the aliens from Xen but no combine, not yet. She stumbled across what seemed to be a military camp, and sprinted towards it only to find flechettes whiz above her head. She dived towards the ground, large figures cladded in armor moved towards her, mostly using codes to communicate. They sent her in the 'camp', loaded her onto a razor train with some others and sent her on her way.

She arrived in City 18, grateful of what the 'combine' and CCA had given her.. a fresh start. She didn't want everything to go to waste though, and decided to apply for the CWU. She wanted to pay tribute to her parents, and help the Union wherever and however possible. Unfortunately, she was picked out before she could apply and transferred to C45, her data completely wiped, she thought she'd carry on where she left off. She has also recently become a CAA (CA Assistant) after submitting her application.

Notes: Don't have any loyalty points but I heard it bugged if you put 0, didn't really want to spend 5 days cleaning windows when it would go to waste on another character. The edit was to add in this notes bit because it didn't seem to add onto the points bit in brackets. Also edited in half of the items you can possess question, missed it out. Edited a line or two in the backstory, sorry for editing so much.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:37:11 PM by Turian Councilor/Moon »

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sophie Porter's Civil Worker Application
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:39:28 AM »
Accepted for interview

Please locate your nearest Civil Workers Union Organizer or Assistant and request an interview.

Out of Character for OOC:
I'm going to hold out on moving this topic for now, as i'm quite incompetent fool when it comes to using the forums.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:41:34 AM by Monkey with a gun »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal