Author Topic: Jasper Valentine's Authorization Application  (Read 5211 times)

Offline .technoSprint

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jasper Valentine's Authorization Application
« on: July 23, 2012, 04:23:17 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: .technoSprint
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): A very long time, probably over eight years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: More than four years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
- Basic medical training

Name: Jasper Valentine
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
     Jasper was born on June 6, 1985, to his mother, Aelid Valentine, and his father, Ryan Valentine. The birth was successful and there were null complications. He was raised in a large house inside of the town called Everett, WA, near Seattle, WA. He was raised very properly and attended preschool.
     After Jasper attended preschool, he went to a local elementary school to attend Kindergarten. It was here where Jasper's abilities as a marvelous student began, and his intelligence was spawned. He passed through elementary school, easily, although still in core classed. Jasper was excited to move on to middle school, where, eventually, his parents would get divorced. Jasper moved in with him mom at the beginning of the seventh grade, and, strangely, away from his dad, Jasper's academics shot up. At the end of seventh grade, Jasper took the placement tests to join the advanced placement classes, and passed nearly all of them. Although his eighth grade year was challenging due to the rough classes, he passed successfully, and his effort in middle school paid off.
     Jasper excelled extremely quickly in high school. While other students may have been out with friends or experimenting with drugs, Jasper was studying hard for his tests and classes. He ended up passing freshman year with his only friends being his straight A's. Because of this, Jasper was placed in full honors and AP classes in his sophomore year of high school. This put a very heavy load on him, creating an even thicker barrier between himself and social belonging. He didn't seem to care, though, as he was set on his idea to be a surgeon. He, once again, passed his sophomore year with flying colors, and was rewarded by skipping the eleventh grade. Jasper had barely any classes his senior year, so he elected a numerous amount of sciences, and graduated after his first semester at age seventeen.
     Immediately after he graduated, he began searching for universities. Jasper was smart enough to know how good his grades were and how much influence in the decision he had of which university to attend. Eventually, in the summer, he enrolled in Western Washington University, where he would study biology, anatomy and multiple other sciences for eight whopping years and get his doctorate's degree. After he graduated from his university, he quickly acquired a job identifying the cause of death of certain cadavers, basically working autopsies. Although this was not the career he wanted, Jasper accepted it as it was somewhat what he wanted to do. Though, this job did not hold long due to the rough economy, and he was fired shortly after...but then rehired at his dream career as an open heart surgeon at a hospital in Seattle, WA.
     Jasper held the job and lived a happy life without kids or a significant other for over a year. He kept close with his family and had his dream job, and an other worldly pay. When the seven hour war began, Jasper was directly in the middle of an open heart surgery for an obese patient experiencing multiple heart attacks and chronic heart pain. The last thing to this day that Jasper can remember is the image imprinted into his mind of making the first incision at the top of the patient's chest. Jasper honed his skills and continued to study them after he was moved to City 18, and, soon after, moved again to City 45.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
- Ability to know the basics live surgeries
- Ability to diagnose a patient based on symptoms

Defects
- Suspicion and a close eye from the UU (they have their own units for medical sciences, and they would probably be a bit wary that a citizen had this much basic knowledge of anatomy.)

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan on spicing up Injury role-play a lot. Injury RP has always been my favorite type of RP, and I plan on using my powers to full extent. I plan on also using it for Passive RP. Recently, Jasper just had gotten over an illness, and, in the future, I wish for Jasper to have the ability to Passive RP and treat himself for his illness properly, instead of asking someone else or - in fact - wasting away.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
Not really anything. I plan on joining NOVA once or if I make Combine Civil Authority, and doing a lot of Medical RP. I have a lot of experience in Medical/Injury RP as I have /most/ of the time in HL2RP been in the medical squad branch of the CCA/CPA/MPF. Because I have so much experience, I guarentee I won't disappoint.

Post Auto-Merged: July 23, 2012, 12:29:15 PM
1: Edited because I found a small flaw in Jasper's background story that conflicted with his age.
2: Edited to fix the strange backslash in the title, did /not/ edit the body in any way.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:59:21 PM by .technoSprint »

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jasper Valentine's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 02:52:34 PM »
If it was for basic medical, I'd have no problem, but since you want more than basic, I'll have to ask that you please give more in your backstory. More detail please.

Offline .technoSprint

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:56:59 PM »
Alright, I added my full, updated background story.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 08:17:38 PM »
Is there anything in specific to Intermediate to Advanced Medical? What I mean is do you have a certain field in medical this might pertain to, or just all fields of medicine?
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline .technoSprint

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 06:58:49 AM »
Is there anything in specific to Intermediate to Advanced Medical? What I mean is do you have a certain field in medical this might pertain to, or just all fields of medicine?
Mainly surgery and anatomy. I was hoping to be able to have the authorization to perform successful surgeries at the most.
Also, bump. Would love to have this answered some time soon.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 03:33:26 PM »
Again, its not nearly enough for anything other than basic Medical.

Offline .technoSprint

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »
Well, what would basic medical include?

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 09:31:34 PM »

DR.ABCs, Respiratory, that sort of thing.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Jasper Valentine's Authorization Application
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 09:33:43 PM »
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, wound dressing and cleaning, setting bones. Nothing that requires incisions and such.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2

Offline .technoSprint

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Jasper Valentine's Authorization Application
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 11:58:54 PM »
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, wound dressing and cleaning, setting bones. Nothing that requires incisions and such.

Alright, most first aid it looks like. I guess I'll take that and walk away considering I will probably join NOVA or something when/if I make CCA, so I'll end up learning more IC.
So yeah, I'll take basic medical.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Re: Jasper Valentine's Authorization Application
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 12:10:19 AM »

Alright, most first aid it looks like. I guess I'll take that and walk away considering I will probably join NOVA or something when/if I make CCA, so I'll end up learning more IC.
Basic medical is first aid basically yes lol.

Offline .technoSprint

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Re: Jasper Valentine's Authorization Application
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 12:29:07 AM »

Basic medical is first aid basically yes lol.

Well, like I said, I'll take that then.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 12:39:58 AM »
Your going to need to make the description longer on this, not enough detail as to what is needed. You would need at least almost half a page with good information.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline .technoSprint

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 01:43:57 AM »
Your going to need to make the description longer on this, not enough detail as to what is needed. You would need at least almost half a page with good information.
Not really know what you mean by description, but if you mean the app, I'm kind of disappointed. Kom??Як said it would be enough for basic medical, keyword basic. That's not that much power, and originally I was going for intermediate to advanced medical. I've seen people with apps as long as mine get authorizations for weapons, such as a knife too...all I want is first aid knowledge, no items whatsoever. I would also think that, you seeing my RP and obviously thinking it was capable considering you let me into CWU, would trust me with basic medical. Once again, keyword basic.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 01:48:39 AM »
Kom did approve basic medical. And kom is a super admin in hl2rp so consider basic medical approved.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal