Author Topic: Rp_Carcery (W.I.P.)  (Read 10302 times)

Offline Snapster

• VIP
  • Awards [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rp_Carcery (W.I.P.)
« on: May 21, 2011, 05:13:22 AM »
Background on me: Hello, I'm Snapster many of you guys may already know me. I am 18 years old and I love making maps for source, been doing it for around 4 years now. I currently have 1.5k+ hours in source sdk. I have never released a map of my own, but i did work on 'perp_sierracity' never though my maps were up-to-par with other peoples. I built buildings for PE RP, and some of these buildings in my map look exactly the same as in that map but i reconstructed all the buildings from scratch (to optimize/neater bruchwork).

Rp_Carcery

About map:
This is about my 4th time reconstructing this map, and this is the final layout its going to be. There are 4 sections; main city, industrial, suburbs, and outlands. There is a 2 lane (each way) highway that is pretty large, big enough for car chases, there are off ramps to other districts of the map. This map is good for about 30-40 players, but thats just a est.

Includes: [planned/Made]
Highway system (goes in a loop so you can have continues car chases.)
Police Station (1/1)
Firestation (1/1)
Hospital (1/1)
Bank (1/1)
Gas station (1/2)
Dealership (1/1)
Sub houses (0/4)
5star Hotel (8/8)
Shops (6/6)
mall shops (7/7)
Skyline (1/1)
Storage units (8/8)
Empty lot (2/2)
Other warehouses (3/~)
This will change, things may/will be added/removed.

Media: (newest to oldest) The dev. textures are temp
5/21/11
Spoiler for Hiden:

unknown (most of these buildings are changed/moved)
Spoiler for Hiden:

Other comments: I am always open to suggestions/criticism. All in all it helps me make a better map for people to enjoy. I still haven't decided to publicly release the map or have it private/community map (I would try, know people would take it anyways).

Credit:
Mapper/designer: Snapster
models/textures: Sgt.sgt, Valve, Whoever else made something thats in this map credit goes towards them.
Wronkles for some of his building designs ;)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 05:21:49 AM by snapster »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rp_Carcery (W.I.P.)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 05:41:23 AM »
This map is so perfect. Ive been following the development since you posted this back at OC.

One of the best things about this map is the highway system. I have never seen that befor in any other maps.

PLEASE continue to keep us updated with pictures.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 05:51:36 AM »
What crap-head said. The highways you've got are pretty epic and I've never really seen that in a RP map before. Keep up the good work on this.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »
You have a real talent, snapster. I love the textures, highway system, and everything else about the map. Please keep us updated, I can't wait to see more!

Offline Snapster

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 07:43:55 PM »
Thanks for the comments :D, I will try and keep you guys update as much as possible.

I will probably get some more pictures up later tonight.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 08:01:54 PM »
Thats awsome! :D
How long has it taken you do it?
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 12:19:44 AM »
Thats awsome! :D
How long has it taken you do it?
Hes been working on this since PE.
I to have been fallowing this closely and I love all of it snapster you like better than sgt.sickness
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Albert [busy]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 02:46:48 AM »
We could definitely find some use in CGRP for this. Two unique maps, one unique gamemode. That's what I'm talking about!

Offline Snapster

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 08:53:41 PM »
5/23/11
Spoiler for Hiden:

industrial intersection

2 shops

Skyline

Highway > industrial exit/entrance

MTL/distribution center

Industrial buildings

I still need to add detail to the buildings/enviroment, and replace dev. textures. aka; still in progress.
I will be posting more throughout the day, cause i can't compile huge sections with the 'cordon' tool.
Also i did not just take the buildings from sierra city, Just so i make this clear that i built all the buildings from scratch but kept the same layout/architecture.

Forsome reason its darker online than on steam, so if you want to see them not dark head to my steam profile (on steam client) http://steamcommunity.com/id/Snap_Ster/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:15:52 PM by snapster »

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 10:59:08 AM »
Wow cool keep up the good work ( i really likre the highway system)
+support
For this in Cobalt RP/ CGRP

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 11:28:39 AM »
Cobalt RP is using Rockford. I know I havent gotten any images yet but I'm currently optimizing the city for albert. Rockford is designed for Cobalt. I think snapster has other plans for carcery.

Offline Snapster

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 05:32:13 PM »
Yeah, I really don't want you guys using this for Colbalt rp :P. I don't want to have competition between the 2 maps. You guys have your own custom map for the gamemode, which would be better for you guys in the long run anyways.

Offline Albert [busy]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 07:58:52 PM »
Yeah, I really don't want you guys using this for Colbalt rp :P. I don't want to have competition between the 2 maps. You guys have your own custom map for the gamemode, which would be better for you guys in the long run anyways.

HELL NO WE ARE USING BOTH (If you let us) lol. Both maps are great and both maps must be used.

Offline [ECO] ReaPeR

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 05:05:44 PM »
This would be a good map for OCRP,as evocity is getting boring,and this map looks 10/10.

Offline James

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 01:07:07 PM »
Isnt this the map that I saw on Facepunch and denounced it for copying buildings from PERP2's official map and Evocity2.
I'm James - derp

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal