Author Topic: Arren Kain's and Aurther Seymore's PK  (Read 13820 times)

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Arren Kain's and Aurther Seymore's PK
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2012, 10:05:31 AM »
The HL2 wiki is sketchy at best - it can only be counted on for general canon, CG's being rather different.

To repeat our scanner canon for a second time:
At the end of the war, EVERY citzen was processed, and given a CID. Everything about them was filed away. Unprocessed citizens require auth.
Scanners ID based on body proportions, and do not need a face/still image. The closer the proximity, the faster the identification. Scanners constantly record. The camera is for super high def photos.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 10:54:46 AM »
So pretty much, all that going on means that if there is a scanner around. You are screwed no matter what? Unless you had a way to destroy it quickly. Pretty over powered in my opinion, if you are in the database. So why did you have a description in the first place? Seeming how 1 scanner unit can crush resistance RP if one in nearby.
And what do you mean by body proportions? Let's say there was a twin, one with homicide and other multiple level 1 offences, and the other a loyalist. How would the scanner tell the difference of the two?

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2012, 11:20:33 AM »
Oh yea that is right, the description they got for Candyman was a black male and a female accompliance.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2012, 12:18:30 PM »
Why would the scanner follow someone who does not have the same description as the database?

The scanner took photos of everyone it came across, not just you.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2012, 12:54:04 PM »
The whole point of being an anti-citizen, is that you're a fugative attempting to survive in an extremely hostile Orwellian world. You stay inside, and keep your head down, just as you would if there were P3 patrols. Scanners compensate.
The identical twins would probably trigger a mis-ID 50% of the time.

ICily the description available would have been much more in depth.

Please stop making me repeat myself, and actually read up.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »
I have my very doubts on this...

By reading everything in the OP, I can tell that the end of it (When exploding the building and killing the hiding two) was very poorly handled by the OTA. They should not have just killed the two. It would've been better if they waited and allowed the two to RP the situation and decide by themselves if they died from the explosion, or attempted to survive.

I see this basically the same as someone using: "/me pulls the trigger" and then really shooting the other person without allowing the other person to react to the situation, and 'play to lose' it himself.

I also find it questionable why the OTA would blow up the building to begin with. Who knows what kind of information about the rebels would be located there that could've been used by the CCA? So this indeed hints to the fact OTA (metagamed?) the fact there were two citizens hiding in the room. So they just blew it up to get rid of them

By the outcome of the poorly handled PKs. I'd say give them another chance to properly RP the situation, except of just shooting them because you think they would be dead by the explosion.
In other words: I throw in my support on this appeal.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 03:57:35 PM by Nicknero1405 »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
I know I have my own opinions.. some of which I keep to myself, some of which I let the world know because I feel its needed. I don't like taking sides or making it seem as I am biased in any situation I come across, because I am not. I looked at the evidence and I heard all the complaints and the people that told me sure had good backup on the situation and as to what they were saying. You might think it was not played fairly, indeed you might say that they metagamed it to find you. Scanners work in a way like no other, they record everything they see, obviously with video recording. They take photos of everything to get a better understanding or view of things, the more detail the better. After taking this into perspective, the raid they did was legit, they knew where you were based on the information given by this scanner. They knew it was Candyman because he was already in the database and it picked him right up. They presumed to sending in a COTA team to handle the situation. However, I do feel as to the RP that was done during this raid on your area was a bit under RPed.

I would ACCEPT this, but, you did not follow the right format... so.. DENIED
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:31:37 PM by Kidrauhl »
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal