Author Topic: Arren Kain's and Aurther Seymore's PK  (Read 13830 times)

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Arren Kain's and Aurther Seymore's PK
« on: July 22, 2012, 12:15:31 AM »
** UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 takes out the charge, applying it to the door.
UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 yells "<:: Don't move!"
At this time, me Candyman, Ocelot, and aurther where hiding in the top floor room I ICly made
UU.OTA.OWC.77447 yells "<:: Come out"
UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 says "<:: Move out."
** Ocelot Diabloux begins to walk towards authority.
** UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 walks up, aiming his AR2 inside.
[UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 yells "<:: Armed civilian! Lower the weapon!"
UU.OTA.OWC.77447 says "<:: Viscon on subject."
UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 yells "<:: Now!"
** Aurther Seymore climbs inside of the table and closes down the hatch.
UU.OTA.OWC.77447 radios in "<:: Confirm Viscom."
** Steven 'Candyman' Rhodes rolls his shoulders, sighing.
** UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 raises his sights on the man, trained carefully on him.
At this momment OTA units, and an overwatch unit swarmed the room. Arren Kain, and Aurhter seymore where hiding. Arren was in a crate that was in the room, and Aurther was in a metal table, that I ICly added a hidden latch onto it. So it was all conceled
** Steven 'Candyman' Rhodes grunts, squeezing the trigger and firing at the soldier.
** UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 presses against the wall as he takes a shot, his kevlar absorbing the bulk of the shots as he presses the -
** -AR2 trigger, unloading several pulse rounds towards the mans torso.
** Steven 'Candyman' Rhodes grunts as he is hit by the pulse rounds, he clutches his gut, collapsing.
[LOOC] Arren Kain: Which by the way has hidden latches that no one knows about except the people I told :P
UU.OTA.OWC.77447 yells "<:: Overwatch, report."
** UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 walks forward, glaring down at his kevlar before calling over his shoulder. "Two confirmed targets, hostile down."
** UU.OTA.VANGUARD-6.22965 moves in to the room, confirming the citizen is down while keeping his AR2 trained on the citizen that had the SMG.
** Steven 'Candyman' Rhodes groans, clutching his wounded stomach as he writhes on the ground.
UU.OTA.VANGUARD-6.22965 radios in "<:: Subject down but alive. Confirmed to be latest BOL for Candyman."
UU.OTA.OWC.77447 says "<:: Terminate."
UU.OTA.VANGUARD-6.22965 says "<:: Copy."
** UU.OTA.VANGUARD-6.22965 aims at the man with his AR2 Pulse Rifle.
** Steven 'Candyman' Rhodes groans out his last words.
** UU.OTA.VANGUARD-6.22965 fires a three round burst into his head.
[Steven 'Candyman' Rhodes says "The Candyman....can...."
At this momment Steven Candyman Rhodes was killed and PK'd
UU.OTA.OWC.77447 yells "<:: Overwatch, Pacify remaining subjects, check for BOL."
** UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 slips out a tie, using his augmented strength in an attempt to bring his hands behind him
much.
** Ocelot Diabloux tied
UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 says "<:: Level two contraband located."
UU.OTA.OWC.77447 says "<:: Remove, destroy."
UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 says "<:: Copy."
** UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 takes out the radio, slipping it his bag, crushing it with his strength before slipping the parts inside.
** UU.OTA.VANGUARD-6.22965 reaches into his satchel and pulls out a few pounds of explosives, prepping them for the inevitable.
UU.OTA.VANGUARD-6.22965 says "<:: Explosives ready for termination."
** Ocelot Diabloux turns around and attempts to kick the Authority
** A small creak is heard, and shake from the top floor, as the surport beams are weak
The small creak was the surport beams begining to crack, as I was going to repair them with Aurther later
** UU.OTA.VANGUARD-6.22965 turns to the citizen being searched and aims his AR2 at the man.
UU.OTA.OWC.77447 says "<:: Plant explosives, ensure the corpse is effectively removed."
** The foor begins to slightly falter to the left as the support beams begin to crack.
** UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 steps back as he takes the kick, before stepping forward menacly before sending her butt of his AR2 toward-
** -s the mans face.
** Ocelot Diabloux is butted in the face, and winces.  "Fucking kill me already you tool!"
** Ocelot Diabloux head butts the AR and attempts a second kick.
** UU.OTA.VANGUARD-6.22965 turns back to the explosives and arms them, grabbing the body and dragging it out to the walkway.
ed.
** UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 steps back once again, taking aim for the mans face and firing.
** The support beams loudly crack and split, causing them to fall to the earth along with the floor.
** UU.OTA.PHANTOM-4.21121 boom headshot.
** Ocelot Diabloux shot in the head.
UU.OTA.OWC.77447 says "<:: Primary Objective complete, move out for secondary Objective."
UU.OTA.VANGUARD-6.22965 says "<:: Copy."

So pretty much what happened was a scanner unit took a picture of steven somewhere. Then OTA unit's /magically/ found our place and which they would not tell me how, only in response "We have our ways." Which to me sounds like they metagame'd or something. As we don't leave our base, nor do we get seen entering it a lot.
The surport beams fell collapsing the room, as Arren, and Aurther both fell to to floor, alright as the fall is not to bad, and nothing collapsed on them. The OTA units said OOCly it was 3 pounds of C4, then they walked out the door and blew it up with a remote detinator. I had a plan to grab a metal wall, and the metal table. Push it to the corner of the complex, waiting for it to explode, as we are protected by metal walls. But isntead they shot us after putting explosive barrels in the place. So they killed us while we attempted to Roleplay, OOCly we said Hey hold on we where RPing. Then I was allowed a friendly PK screen.
OTA units didn't allow RP and PK'd us even when we had a shot at survival. And what really bugs me is how do they just walk out the door and blow up an entire building? You would hafto evacuate the area or the building would hurt you. They just walked out, shot us, then blew it up at the doorstep. I tried to resolve this with Sexy Frog and here is the OOC steam chat|Reminder I was angry at the time.|

Blue2Wolfz: You where an OTA unit on there right?
Blue2Wolfz: How the hell did you find out base? From one picture of candyman?
Sexy Frog: We have ways
Blue2Wolfz: Explain them then.
Blue2Wolfz: Because if you can't. Outright bullshit.
Sexy Frog: I cannot explain them
Blue2Wolfz: Then bull....
Sexy Frog: Because it will reveal a lot of shit I shouldnt tell
Blue2Wolfz: You could have let us RP shit at least.
Blue2Wolfz: Instead of killing and PK'ing us.
Sexy Frog: We had an operation to complete, don't blame me.
Blue2Wolfz: I will blame all of you, you came in from nowhere. Killed us, didn't let us RP or even have ONE chance that you would have said no to anyways, no matter how clever that shit was.
Blue2Wolfz: Do you always blow up places after an operation?
Blue2Wolfz: OR was it really because I oocly told you we where hiding?
Sexy Frog: What? You did?
Sexy Frog: I didn't see.
Blue2Wolfz: Yeah.
Blue2Wolfz: We where RP'ing shit, and you just shot out heads.
Blue2Wolfz: So wtf/
Blue2Wolfz: We even said it oocly.
Blue2Wolfz: And you sohuld have noticed.
Sexy Frog: I only shot two people
Sexy Frog: Both RP'd
Blue2Wolfz: Wait, I didn't really understand what you just said.
Blue2Wolfz: YOu are telling me that you shot two Role playing citziens?
Sexy Frog: Yes.
Sexy Frog: Candy and Ocelot
Blue2Wolfz: Oh, and by the way. You would need to evacuate further away to use that much explosives. Debree.
Blue2Wolfz: You don't walk out the door and boom. Because that shit would hit you.
Sexy Frog: Once again, not me.
Blue2Wolfz: Does that shit matter? Y ou where a part of it. So you should know the others motives. Who detonated it?
Sexy Frog: I don't understand why I'm getting the rage for this. Two people have already angrily steam messaged me over this
Blue2Wolfz: Because you took part. And I want answers, and a fair game. You three enialaited our RP. We could of had some really nice and fun RP afterwords.
Blue2Wolfz: And hell, VAn can't even argue becausde admins will get pissed, and take the anger ICly and not allow his unit in.

Offline Sectus

• Flutterbutter
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Arren Kain's and Aurther Seymore's PK
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 12:55:34 AM »
From what he has said, the location was given to an OTA OOCly through steam. Them using that information in order to find our hideout is the very definition of metagaming. While I do not have a problem with the method of my death, the picture that was taken of me was in a location far from the hideout. For OTA to even be dispatched is ridiculous, and considering the first place they struck was our hideout, I personally feel that the situation should be voided.

Voiding the situation would entail that all person(s) killed in the raid are un-permakilled, and all items lost are restored.

http://sectussection.tumblr.com - My Tumblr Review Page
https://twitter.com/Sectus12 - My Twitter Page

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 01:02:25 AM »
Considering the scanner saw you at the Canals warehouse and that was the last known location, a OTA sweep of P3 was called begining with the last known location.  So no, it was not metagamed.

Offline Sectus

• Flutterbutter
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 01:12:41 AM »
Considering the scanner saw you at the Canals warehouse and that was the last known location, a OTA sweep of P3 was called begining with the last known location.  So no, it was not metagamed.
The scanner never RP'd snapping a picture of me, nor did it ever actually take a picture.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 01:20:13 AM »
I find here, that your just complaining because you were killed.

Understandable, but making an appeal of out this? Its not going to work.

We don't metagame, period. As RTLK said, the scanner identified all of you, and gave us your location.

Also, you did not tell us that you were trying to roleplay, your props fell apart, and you said that you were all magically fine, minus a broken bone and some scratches, and stayed hidden inside of your props.

So we left, and blew up the explosives, and we shot you after that, because we couldn't Actually make you explode, but you would have died anyways.

The scanner never RP'd snapping a picture of me, nor did it ever actually take a picture.

Yeah, it did. It tooks several pictures, I was there, watching.

And why did you bother Frog/211? Me and RTLK were still on the server, both admins, and I am the Overwatch Commander, and yet you didn't ask us a single thing?

Anyways, any other complaints?

Offline Sectus

• Flutterbutter
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 01:31:27 AM »
I'll admit it snapped pictures of me near the P3 apartments, but I did not see a single /me near the hideout. While the scanner could identify my location based on that, I doubt OTA would be able to locate the hideaway.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 01:52:00 AM »
I'll admit it snapped pictures of me near the P3 apartments, but I did not see a single /me near the hideout. While the scanner could identify my location based on that, I doubt OTA would be able to locate the hideaway.

It didn't just 'identify your location' it watched you go into the warehouse, and then reported it in. When the raid began, that was the first place we looked, and it just so happened that you hadn't left the building.

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 01:59:55 AM »
I have an issue with this PK. Not because I'm friends with Sectus or I want Candyman for ZEALOT. But because- in my opinion, this situation was meta'd.

I'll begin by what I'm told. I was told by Kom that the pictures were taken of Candyman, fair enough. Although. How would they know it's him? We don't have a clear description of him. This is Candyman's description: Black,Blue Clothes,Brown boots, Black hair.

I assume the scanner's camera alerts the central command when it's found someone of either matching description to something in the BOL list or if it's found someone with a similar face- assuming we already have a face-scan. Do you know how many hundreds upon thousands of African Americans would have a similar description to that? Black. Blue Clothes, Brown boots. Black Hair. You have got to be fucking me.

10:32 PM - Kom'??: Candyman is  BOL, his description and such is common knowledge, that's how we confirmed it was him.

By the way, it isn't common knowledge. Just because someone is infamous- it doesn't mean their face is known. In this case, the CCA did not know what Candyman looked like.

Everyone who is black in City 45 matches that description. But- lets assume the scanner somehow figured out what he would look like. Even then, it's incorrect. Candyman is white. Therefore, the description labeled is mis-leading and a scanner- even if operated by a person, would not find Candyman because our known description is off.

So- they apparently took a picture from a far distance. Fair enough, combine tech is unknown. But the interesting part is how they OOCly knew to take a picture of him.

10:31 PM - Kom'??: And the pictures?
10:31 PM - Kom'??: Scanners have the ability to see the name of whoever they are following
10:32 PM - Kom'??: Its not metagaming, its how hl2rp is coded
10:32 PM - Orange: That's metagaming.

RTLK knew who to take pictures of because of the alt-follow function. Knowing it was him OOCly was also meta'd.

Nearly every aspect of this PK was meta'd. Mostly on RTLK's end. There was nothing that would lead him to take pictures of that man and ID him as Candyman. Absolutely nothing. As for the actual raid, I'll admit that- had the rest not been meta'd, they would've found him eventually considering how small P3 is.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:23:58 AM by Orangesplaywith »

Giovanni Dicardi

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 02:22:53 AM »
And as he said before, there was not a single /me involved in taking the picture. So not only would it be metagame, it would also be powergame.

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 10:19:59 AM »
WHile I wasn't present for the event, I do have some history with The Candyman considering my Forensics team had a case against him.

In the Forensics case against Steven Rhodes, finger prints of his were found. They were used to positively identify him as the killer. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that this case was his first murder. Now, it's safe to assume, due to the fact that scanners can snap pictures of damn near any citizen in C45 and come back with a data page for them, that if we have a fingerprint to compare to the ones found, then we at least have a picture of him that the scanners to use.
While I believe some of the situation may have been metagamed, the part where "The scanner wouldn't have turned back a positive ID on The Candyman" is false based on the fact that his manifest had a fingerprint that we could use to compare to the one found at the scene. This shows that at one point, he was processed by the combine, and his fingerprints were collected, which I think it's safe to assume that they would have at the same time collected a picture from him to use for scanners.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 10:27:43 AM »
Just a side note, the idea of a scanner having to "snap" an image is ridiculous, considering it's Combine technology and we already have near-instant facial recognition these days. It would all be very nearly instant, I know in HL2 it's not but for all we know there's no ranks in the CCA either

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 11:12:37 AM »
Just a side note, the idea of a scanner having to "snap" an image is ridiculous, considering it's Combine technology and we already have near-instant facial recognition these days. It would all be very nearly instant, I know in HL2 it's not but for all we know there's no ranks in the CCA either

The way I see it is a scanner would need to capture the first image to upload for recognition, then the scanner would be able to identify on sight (without any need for a picture) while that is still in its system, the system being cleared when it returns to the Nexus.

And for those who say a scanner doesn't randomly snap pictures: Play HL2 again.

As for this server, when a scanner goes into P3 or is even in P1 it would be taking pictures and uploading them for processing to gain information as to if a suspected BOL is found. While in P3 I was doing this and, with RP, snapped a picture of people in the group by the subway entrance. I did not know at all that Candyman was there until I found out when finding out who I took pictures of.  I flew into the sky as you were throwing bottles at me, then returned after reporting it to the Commander via radio. Everyone was gone so I reported retreat by citizens into apartments and bar as that is where it would be most likely to go. I was then ordered to resume sweep, which I did by finishing then returning through the Canal area. I saw a group of citizens near the warehouse and (as explained above) the scanner was able to recognize Candyman as a Priority One BOL after receiving the information earlier. Once again flew into the sky, made the report, then returned to the Nexus where the Commander had received the information and called in Overwatch to perform a precinct sweep as it was current information.

Staying at the warehouse was your own fault. Once the scanner saw you, you should have booked it to a new location.

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 01:02:46 PM »

And why did you bother Frog/211? Me and RTLK were still on the server, both admins, and I am the Overwatch Commander, and yet you didn't ask us a single thing?

I didn't know what OTA unit's OOC name except Frogs.

Giovanni Dicardi

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 05:52:31 PM »
WHile I wasn't present for the event, I do have some history with The Candyman considering my Forensics team had a case against him.

In the Forensics case against Steven Rhodes, finger prints of his were found. They were used to positively identify him as the killer. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that this case was his first murder. Now, it's safe to assume, due to the fact that scanners can snap pictures of damn near any citizen in C45 and come back with a data page for them, that if we have a fingerprint to compare to the ones found, then we at least have a picture of him that the scanners to use.
While I believe some of the situation may have been metagamed, the part where "The scanner wouldn't have turned back a positive ID on The Candyman" is false based on the fact that his manifest had a fingerprint that we could use to compare to the one found at the scene. This shows that at one point, he was processed by the combine, and his fingerprints were collected, which I think it's safe to assume that they would have at the same time collected a picture from him to use for scanners.

In order for that to work, you would need an orignial copy of his fingerprint to match the finger print that the forensics team has reached.Which means that he would've needed to be detained and there would've needed to be some RP in it. I'm pretty sure that one copy of a fingerprint can indentify Candyman.

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »

In order for that to work, you would need an orignial copy of his fingerprint to match the finger print that the forensics team has reached.Which means that he would've needed to be detained and there would've needed to be some RP in it. I'm pretty sure that one copy of a fingerprint can indentify Candyman.

Well, let's be logical about this. Scanners can use a photo to trace the manifest of any citizen. Not every citizen has been detained. Because of this, we can assume that the Combine process their citizens before throwing them into cities. This is when fingerprints, blood samples, etc. are collected.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal