Author Topic: Ask Smt Anything  (Read 158548 times)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ask Smt Anything
« Reply #735 on: January 16, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »
do you think it is retarded when a lot of people get mass competitive cooldown bans because the csgo servers crash?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #736 on: January 16, 2014, 01:12:51 PM »
do you think it is retarded when a lot of people get mass competitive cooldown bans because the csgo servers crash?

i mean if ur playing gd it should only be 30 minutes

i used to have frequent pc crashes n i couldnt restart my pc AND join within 3 minutes so that was pretty shitty, i think i got up to 2 weeks from that

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #737 on: January 16, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »

i mean if ur playing gd it should only be 30 minutes

i used to have frequent pc crashes n i couldnt restart my pc AND join within 3 minutes so that was pretty shitty, i think i got up to 2 weeks from that

i think the main shitty thing is that people can actually get demoted in ranks because valve's servers crashed

i dont understand why it works like that at all, problem on valve's end, everyone playing is punished, wat

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #738 on: January 29, 2014, 02:42:37 PM »
why do u suck at csgo i have to carry u every game O0

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #739 on: January 29, 2014, 02:47:36 PM »

alright, listen fuckhead, no bottey wants to hear your "raps" and your "drakes" and your "eminems" anymore ok? I'm sick and tired of your shitty little shit

smt: my question for you is: A QUESTion of phylosiphy...  ... :

why

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #740 on: January 29, 2014, 03:01:18 PM »

im sry i try but ping and lag is much....

smt: my question for you is: A QUESTion of phylosiphy...  ... :

why

came across this philosophy paper...this was the only question on a university term paper:

(1) WHY?
How would you go about answering this question?

My answer would be, "Why not?" What do you think?

My first, perhaps unkind thought was that you submitted this question out of sheer boredom, for a laugh. As your suggestion shows, you're not looking for an informative answer!

How about, "Because"? — Ha Ha!

However, you say that you actually saw this question on a university term paper. I believe you. I like one word questions. My favourite essay topics are "I" and "S" (on the nature of the self and self-reference; and on Wittgenstein's private language argument concerning the indefininable sensation "S"). So let's do some lateral thinking.

Consider the possibility that you are not being asked the question, "Why?" You are being asked, by the person who set the paper, to consider the question, "Why?", or rather, questions which begin with, "Why...?"

Now, we're getting somewhere. That looks like an interesting question. What is it that especially distinguishes, or is characteristic about questions which begin with, "Why..."?

Cub reporters are taught to always ask the six questions: Who, What, Why Where, When and How? Five out of the six can be answered very simply: The butler (Who) murdered the housekeeper (What) in the library (Where) last night (When) with a samurai sword (How). The odd one out is "Why?" The question, "Why?" seeks an explanation. Whole books can be written seeking to give the explanation for something. Whereas there is only one right answer to the other five questions, there can be different, equally valid, ways of understanding the question "Why?":

Why did the butler murder the housekeeper, instead of paying her to keep quiet about his affair with the maid?

Why did the butler murder the housekeeper with a samurai sword, instead of poisoning her?

Why did the butler choose the library to do the evil deed?

And so on.

So one point to make about explanations is that they are, as Hilary Putnam argues in Meaning and the Moral Sciences 'relative to interest'. There is no such thing as the explanation of something.

The explanations I have listed above all refer to human motives. But there are other kinds of explanations, for example, scientific explanation. Or is this a different kind of explanation? Some philosophers would argue that the explanations we give in 'folk psychology' aren't real explanations at all, but mere descriptions which cover up the real causes of human behaviour of which we remain blissfully ignorant.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #741 on: January 29, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »
thanks pal. it means a lot to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal