Author Topic: Alyx Summer\'s Authorization Application  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Arthas Tyrell

• View Profile
    • Awards
Alyx Summer\'s Authorization Application
« on: July 16, 2012, 01:08:43 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: GentleLadies
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Two years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: One and a half years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A guitar.

Name: Alyx Summer
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
"Damn," Alyx Summer said as she walked through the cold breeze, her arms crossed in order to keep warmth. She traveled up North to scout from cities, and that's what she intended to do. Alyx wondered about Isaac, someone she had grown fond of, back at Ineu Pass. An earlier scavenger hunt, had revealed a few metal strings, which could be used for something, so she stuck them in her pocket, and wondered for a reason. The wind blew down on her, and she felt cold as in the Arctic. She cussed to herself in Italian, but ventured forward over the hill. When she got to the top, she saw the city, gunships flying round', and CP standing at the gates. "Damn It, there's no way into that city," and there probably wasn't, but she decided to go around it, hoping to find something worth her journey. After a few hours, she found a shack in the middle of the forest. Alyx prepared herself, before venturing inside. She warmed her hands up, and grabs a sharp rock nearby, to protect herself. When she dared to venture inside, she found no headcrabs, no people, nor antlions, but what she did find, was a guitar, missing all of its strings, and it's neck. "Well, I'll be damned," she said. She grabbed hold of it, and hoisted it upwards. She examined it closely, making sure the base was in-tact, and it was. She decided this was worth her time, as all of these were destroyed. She ventured home, and a few months later, she arrived. She socialized with everyone for a tad bit, but soon asked one of her friends, for a knife. The friend complied, and she was given the knife. Alyx then set off to find some wood, for the neck. She sauntered down the river, looking for some driftwood. She examined piece after piece, but couldn't find one. Finally, at the end of the river, she found a piece of wood that was roughly the size of the neck, but extremely wide. "This'll have to do, I guess." Alyx spoke to herself. She found a nearby rock, and began doing the slow process, of cutting down the wood. This took several hours, but when she was done, she examined her work. "Looks fine to me." She said. After examining her work more closely, she did an approximate measure of where the neck would go into the base. She cut a hole roughly that size, and struck the neck in, and she wondered where she would get strings, but alas she remembered the metal strings struck in her pocket. She quickly took them out, and attached  them to the guitar, but she had no tuning system, so she had to tune them herself, while she was attaching the strings, and the task quickly turned from a few minutes, into a few hours. After those hours, she finished her guitar, and took some fabric she had, and attached it to the guitar.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Could be used in a fight, (Then I would have to remake the guitar.)
-Could be used to soothe people, (Via Tunes.)
-Could give me some brag rights,
-Could be used as an impression,

Defects
-Wouldn't be able to run as far/or as fast.
-Would get tired easily, on Hikes, treks, voyages, etc.
-Could be used against me (The strap being pulled, to suffocate myself,)
-People may get mad at me,(Hate the music I play, could result in death.)(Worst case Scenario <<<------)

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
The guitar, will allow me to bring something new to my character, I feel the fact that she has nothing, and the fact that she will be able to hold a guitar, will substantialy improve her character, and my abilities to use her in RP. The perks could help me in times of need, when someone is depressed, when I'm fighting, and in several other instances. The defects, those will minimize the amount of time I can be on the road, and will give me more time to RP with people, instead of walking and talking.(Which is difficult)

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
If I break the guitar, will I have to repost the Authorization?(If you see any grammical errors, please notify me, and I will fix them.

Post Auto-Merged: July 17, 2012, 11:31:22 AM
Anyone want to post or anything? This topic is pretty dead..
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 01:54:35 PM by Arthas Tyrell »
Characters:
-Arthas Tyrell: Neutral, more likely rebellious.

Alyx Summer: Surviving in the outlands.

-Jaden Raskul: Starving in P3

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Alyx Summer\'s Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 12:19:43 PM »
I personally myself, don't see any problem in a guitar.
A guitar would create good rp, for the people around the said person, who's owning and using it.
Yet, I am in doubt, if my deciscion is enough for it to be accepted.
I'll therefore wait for other admins, to leave their respond.

Offline Arthas Tyrell

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 01:26:06 PM »
Thank you kindly. :D
Characters:

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Alyx Summer's Authorization Application
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:06:28 PM »
Uh. It checks out minus the bragging rights. Why do you need to brag about a guitar?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 02:21:30 PM »
Because pieces of entertainment, history and culture are rare, having a guitar is pretty awesome.

But yeah I have no issue with this, seems like a simple tool for more passive, always a good thing.

Offline Arthas Tyrell

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 02:23:20 PM »
So thats two supports from an admin, (And yes musical instruments were destroyed, so having one = I can be pretty well known.) Does that mean I'm accepted?
Characters:

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 02:30:54 PM »
I believe you need a super admin to accept this, as far as I can tell there's no issues but you still have to wait for one :(

Offline Kryptic

• I have downsyndrome
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 05:12:29 PM »
I support this, seems like an interesting way to create some passive RP aswell as improving your character. Hopefully it will be accepted.
\r\n
[CG:SA] OzJackal has banned OzJackal for 12 hours (Gonna be very drunk, will probably do something dumb if I reconnect - its for my own good lol).

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »
I can agree with the earlier comments, and I see nothing wrong with this.

Accepted, have fun. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal