Author Topic: Shelby Anthony's Diary  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Shelby Anthony's Diary
« on: May 18, 2011, 12:49:13 AM »
May 17th 2016

Today is a great day. I found my old diary when moving all of my stuff into the Civil Workers Union living quarters. The pages were ruined unfortunately and nothing was really readable except for a few words. I was saddened by this as I wanted to look back on my days as a casual, everyday citizen. Those days are behind me now but the future looks good for me. I missed my diary. I remember the day I lost it.

We had just arrived at the city. I was so freightened from whatever happened before that I had some water from the trainstation. I had already unpacked everything in my room but was too shaken by the whole thing to even think. I don't even remember what it was that happened but it really bothered me. When I got back to my room, I couldn't remember where I put my diary. I starter to tear the place apart, looking for the darn thing when a Civil Protection unit walked in. He didn't like me making a mess and made me clean it up. I apologized and reorganized everything for him. I don't want to bother those guys (and girls). They have a hard enough job dealing with those annoying anti-citizens who always seem to be causing trouble. They are the union and I respect them with all my heart.

When I was bringing my stuff over, I found my diary. It was sitting under my dresser. I don't know how it got there or why I pit it there but I was filled with joy when I saw the broken green spine. It had been chewed by rodents of some sort and almost half the pages were ruined. All of my older pages were ruined completely which I am not amused by. I wish I could look back on the days from the old cities. Old friends. But whatever. Things happen and you have to just go with the flow.

So it was my second day working for the Civil Workers Union. It wasn't too busy of a day. I notoced a mop and bucket in the corner of the room amd decoded to give the CCH a good cleaning. When I got there, there was nobody on the first floor. I cleaned that in about ten minutes. I got to the second floor where there were a couple citizens standing around. I began my cleaning and overheard a verbal fight going on. Some sensitive language was being thrown around. I had enough and called it in on my request device. Two units showed up immediately and prosecuted the people. Serves them right for loosing their emotions over something probably useless.

I finished cleaning the CCH and moved to the nexus main enterance. I washed every stair and the sidewalk in front. It was strange. A man walked up to my bucket and stared at it. I watched in horror, waiting for him to kick it over like a prick. He just kept staring at the bucket. Was he retarded or something? Did he expect the water tk magically dissappear? Whatever he was looking at it for, the Civil Protection didn't like it. They moved him away. At least my bucket was safe.

I finished off the steps and returned to the headquarters. That's when I moved all my stuff and found my diary. I am glad to have found it and cannot wait to add more days to it. I sit in my bed, right now, thinking about what life was like before. This bed is so mich softer. More comfortable. It doesn't smell like sweaty socks. The civil protection team doesn't treat me like dirt anymore. I wish they never did in the first place but it's all sacrificial for the union. They're doing what is best for the city and it's populace. I also thought about the food. A single ration was all we got. A can of food and two cans of water. Some tokens were in there too. Now, we get daily meals with whatever we need for water. The benefits are good. However I could care less about those benefits. The real treat for me is knowing that no longer is my life being wasted doing nothing. I now serve the union and it's benefactors. I am proud to be part of the union and proud to serve the city.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Shelby Anthony's Diary
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 01:09:53 AM »
May 18th 2016

Today was a strange day. I must say that at the least. To start, I really didn't do much work. Maybe cleaned up a couple things but nothing too big. I did however, see many strange things going on with the citizens and the Civil Protection. I also saw a bird. A lonely bird. But that doesn't matter right now. What matters is these citizens.

I was walking from the CWU headquarters when a man approached me. He started yelling at me "Oh my god, get it off of him!" and "Can't you see that thing on his shoulder?". He was pointing at another male who believed this thing was on him. I didn't see anything at all. All I saw was two crazed citizens screaming and running around like idiots. I requested help with my request device but by the time help came, they already left.

I didn't get ten feet from where I was and two short African American males were brawling it out, calling each other profane names. I sent in a request reporting a fight but no help came. I reported again about five minutes later and a unit came. Get this though. He told the two guys who were fighting to isolate. He just told the two anti-citizens they were free if they just left. Man was I mad. I wanted to tell the unit he was dumb but held it back.

I was walking over to the CCH when I saw these two men fighting again. I sent in a request and immediately the same unit came in. Get this. He told them to isolate again. There was a higher rank there shortly after. I had reached my limit. I called the unit a "Dumb fool." The higher rank did not like this and I told him what the unit had done. The two males ran by and it ended there. I never saw them again today.

I was walking past the statue and noticed a small white bird atop it. I haven't seen a bird since, well I don't know. It was just sitting there. Not a care in the world. I thought to myself, "Wow. It is in such peace, such freedom, it is not bothered by the menacing exogens. I wish we could have freedom and solidarity like it." However the exogens infesting the earth prevent us from achieving the freedom. I wonder what it was like before the infestation. The union has saved us and I would give everything I had to them if I was needed to.

I am still getting used to the way of life here in the civil workers union. It's very nice and I thank Mr. Simmons for accepting my application.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal