Author Topic: Bill Cooksey's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Nickofett???

• hai, i'm nickofett.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bill Cooksey's Civil Authority Application
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:14:08 PM »
Bill Cooksey's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: UU-SeC.342

IC Character Name: Bill Cooksey

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

Bill wishes to join for several reasons. He knows that joining will give him many new abilities. He also knows that allot of his old abilities will be demolished. Sure Bill will miss his old friends, but he hopes that he can at least see them while on patrol. Even though he won't see his old friends often he will still hold his head high. He is also willing to do anything for the Union to join the CCA with his remaining Loyalist points.

He is also tired of being pushed around by everybody and other citizens making him do things he shouldn't be doing. The things he has done by force almost ruined all of his dreams of helping the Union. Bill is now struggling to keep even five points. This type of behavior will not be unnoticed by the Union and he will accept any of the consequences listed by the Union.

He also knows that he will make the city a safer place. Bill will finally receive a safer work space and more healthily diet. He won't be pushed around by other citizens anymore. He will get a better pay. He will also finally be happy with his life.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
                                                Positive Traits
                                                ------------------
                                                 Loyal
                                                 Serious
                                                 Knowledgeable
                                                 Bilingual
                                                 ------------------
                                                 Negative Traits
                                                 ------------------
                                                 Kind
                                                 Positive
                                                 ------------------

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
    I expect the CCA to be hard and exciting at the same time. The reason why I would say it would be hard is because of the other higher ranks in the CCA. The citizens would make the job even harder with their annoying words and petty rebellion which Bill nearly got pulled into. Finally he would find it hard to kill somebody, but if ordered he would do it.

The reason I would say exciting is because of citizen searches. Another reason is firefights in the plaza or slums if a citizen somehow acquired a weapon. Then the training sure it might be hard, but it would be a great character learning experience. I would also love a normal day of patrol with citizen bothering me and the other units on duty left and right

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Bill Cooksey was born Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. His family was very poor and was struggling to continue to live happily. The father worked as a factory worker. He brought home minimum wage and he was the only form of income coming to the family. His mother on the other hand had no job for many years, but when they decided they would move to America she had no choice but to work on the streets begging for money. This left poor old Bill all alone. He sat day after day in his old yellow chair waiting for somebody to show a sign of hope. He knew all about the troubles his family had, but he hadn't a thing to do to help. All he could do was sit, sit, and sit in that same old yellow chair.

While Bill sat in his chair he thought of what it would be like in America   . He thought of all the promises that the papers said and he thought and thought "Could this all be real, and if it is why don’t we get to live like them?” Bill always thought of things he probably would never achieve for most of his years as a child. Days and days went by always coming with an odd new sensation of solitude each day. Soon on his own he learned how to be independent. He started to pick up old books and read them for their knowledge this is how Bill got to be so smart without going to any school.

Soon a year had past and his parents finally came home and were astonished to see that he had gotten food and more books from a small job he had gotten. With his new job he had made enough money to give it to his parents. They all put the money they had earned together in a small jar on the table. The family’s money combined equaled to be over 2,000 dollars; they set sail for the land of the free the next day.

The boat trip was long and painful with many losses. The boat was small and cramped; it being so cramped and with all of the people together made diseases muster in the air. Bill watched many of the passengers die and two of which would be his parents. Bill himself started to get sick, but luckily the boat had made it to the Americas. Bill was then finally struck by Rickets. His bones started to weaken and he wasn't getting food because he made no idea how anything worked in America. He soon found a nice little spot to sleep which was a dumpster. He then awoke in a hospital and was told by a translator what had happened. Bill was then treated and shipped off to an orphanage.

Bill made so many wonderful friends and he tried to obey everything he was told. Sadly all of his friends got adopted one by one. Once all of them had gone, Bill’s spirit had broken. He cried every night and morning he always thought about his old friends and his parents during the day. Bill never understood why nobody wanted to adopt him. He never did get adopted and he was realest from the orphanage.

Bill then had to get a job, but what was there to do? He had never seen how anything worked in America. Soon he got a job at a local drug store. With people so kind and happy working alongside him. On the other hand his boss Stanley was a depressed man. Bill never understood why, but his boss had committed suicide in front of Bill. Before his boss died he cut Bill’s right eye and scared him physically and mentally.

A few years later he heard on the news about odd creatures in military bases being studied. He didn't know about any of the odd things on the news, but he knew one thing though something was about to happen. Then a few days later the Combine invasion had started. They had won in seven hours and had successfully enslaved the entire human race.

Bill was then shipped all over the world going to country to country and he finally ended up in City 45. This is the city he will live in until his final days came and he knew that. Bill had made a living off of cleaning the streets and windows. He was bringing in two tokens everyday which was good for the times he lived in. Other citizens pushed him around making him do things that he didn't want to do. He was tired of being pushed over all the time and soon saw a recruitment paper for the CCA. Interested he followed all of its advice. He then started to get Loyalist points to become eligible to join the CCA. After many months of hard work he had mustered up enough points to be awarded a Loyalist armband. He then wrote an application to join the CCA. With pride and hope he turned in his application. Now he thinks about what it will be like for him.      

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No, I have not.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About, three years now.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
About, three years again.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
About, two years now.

4. What Time zone are you in?
(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

5. In what country do you live?
America

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable RP experience was on the Outlands when the OTA was attacking and everybody worked as a team to overcome them with many deaths and wounds the rebels won. (This was on a different character)

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Bill Cooksey
CID: 87185
Height: 6 Feet Tall.
Hair Colour Brown Hair
Eye Colour: Blue.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 130 pounds.
Mental Distinctions: Bilingual
Mental Defects: Short temper.
Mental Advantages: Knowledgeable, serious, and Bilingual.
Notable Qualities: Loyal, knowledgeable, serious, and bilingual.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Yes, I have but most of which would be by force of other citizens, and a few were my own mistakes like setting up a shop in a building that was used by a group of Rebels.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join the Combine Civil Authority for many reasons. I want to join to get a better life. I always wanted to help the Union. I especially want to help the other units patrolling and keeping the city clean and safe. I also want to redeem myself from all of the bad things I've done. Most of all I want to help the Union in any way possible.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Bill Cooksey hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYewS88KGDU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYewS88KGDU</a>
This is Nickofett.

Offline ur mom bob

• Mofag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bill Cooksey's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 12:30:28 PM »
UNIT: 101
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: TrO
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Bill Cooksey's
Citizen Identification Number: 87185

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Whoever interviews him make sure to ask him about his detainments and find out more information about them.

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting CCA.C45.UNIFORM-TrO.101
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:35:32 PM by Mooch »

Offline ur mom bob

• Mofag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bill Cooksey's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 03:09:37 PM »
UNIT: 101
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: TrO
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...