Author Topic: Jake Kingstone's Authorization Application  (Read 2587 times)

STALKER

Jake Kingstone's Authorization Application
« on: July 01, 2012, 10:20:18 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Vulture
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 4 years (Fallout 3, STALKER.)
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 4 to 3 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
The revival of a old character

Name: Jake Kingstone
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
 Prequel; Jake Kingstone is a 26 year old man who worked in the engineering field to repair a variety of items ranging from small to large entities that he came across as requested by the company that he was working for. He was not one of the best engineers but he sure did have the skills to fix these kinds of entities that anyone else couldn't do in such a time. At the time, he retired until the Seven Hour War hit. Nothing in general information about this strange but intellectual man, all I could ask you that he was a engineer and most of his life was repairing things. When the Seven Hour War hit, he was in his fathers car and his father requested him to meet up with his mother but it was too late. Blue portals appeared swirling in the skies as the opponents attacked those who were nearby. Arriving at his mothers house, he searched through the house to find his mother. She was sitting in a chair looking out the window to see the blue swirling, the blue light appearing against her figure. "Mother! Mother! There's fuckin'... somethin' out there! We gotta' go!" "I ain't leaving from my house Jake. I lived here for a long time and I ain't letting it go to waste. Your sister is sleeping in the room so you better wake her up." Jake tried to speak her out to leaving but he failed. "Moth--" "Jake, get your sister and leave, then head for your fathers garage."

Jake, who was filled with depression at the moment headed torwards her sisters room. Pushing open the door silently, he noticed his sister sleeping. He didn't bother to wake her up and so he grasped ahold of his sister - who was wrapped in blankets from sleeping - in his arms and ran out the door. "Jake, what is happening?" "Nothing, let's just get outta' here." Putting her into the passenger seat and pushing the door close and heading torwards the driver seat, he powered up the vehicle then made way torwards the city.

Grabbing out his phone and dialing his fathers number, he pressed it against his ear and heared a few beeps. Nothing but silence, he then looked at the screen to "glare" a message that the phoning connection was out. "Fuck!" He yelled only to push the phone back into his pocket. He noticed the gas meter was low and so the vehicle stopped on a few minutes across the way. Jake pulled over and therefore, the energy of the vehicle ran out. He stepped out of the car and put his stuff into the trunk, then made way torwards the passenger seat. His sister was fast asleep already and so he wrote a note to put it into her hand. Kissing her on the forehead before leaving the car behind, he felt with... depression and anger.

After; Escaping the city was harsh and running through the environment just located outside to come across zombies, Combine, SYNTH technology and so forth. He made it to the Outlands where it was home. Months passed and he was transported by the Alliance to a new area called Ineu Pass. Therefore, he made his living there. He met friends and repaired things, also coming across a girlfriend which he seperated with and kept living on throughout the Outlands. Situations here and there grew over the days such as the Alliance disbanding to people he knew dying like Leonardo Wong for example.

EDIT is below in the following paragraph:
 Scavenging for anything that makes use of your survival is the oppurtunity that many people face. People just don't use their wits properly to their surroundings and one of those individuals is Jake Kingstone. Searching through bushes, behind rocks, old crates and so on is what he was looking through to find anything that is useful. Be it ammunition or just some Chinese Takeout that was sealed. Nothing was found after a hour or so of scavenging throughout the environment of the Outlands... nothing. He walked down the trail to only hear the chattering of Overwatch units in his handheld radio attached to his collar but he just kept on going. "Uhhhh... there's Overwatch units reports... one chopper and some Overwatch units coming in the Outlands!"

A few beeps were heard behind him along with a dialogue. It sounded rough and nothing human-like... "<:: Anti-citizen spotted. Open fire!" He turned around, making eyecontact with the Overwatch unit to only absorb the pulse rounds through his chest, arms and some of his legs. He fell to the ground in shock on his back, closing his eyes. "<:: Anti-citizen amputated. Proceeding to complete the task." The Overwatch units in a three-man squadron kept walking down the river to only disappear around a corner, leaving with chaos kept in their palms. Jake Kingstone - who was bleeding out critically and faking dead - began to notice blood gushing from the "bullet" wounds kept in his torso. He was able to move his arms even though they were wounded and so he began to crawl up the trail.

"Ugh... no... t-this... can't happen!" He tried to yell but blood splattered all over the ground in front of him, gushing from his mouth. He grasped ahold of his radio and began to cough, talking with a low-tuned voice. "I... I... I need help... n-now!" He turned around and faced the skies that were above him. Dropping the radio with the voices of people, his vision blurred and blurred until the darkness of the abyss was left. A few hours later, it was nighttime and Jake himself was dragged into a hole and left to rot in... even without a coffin. The earths soil around his corpse was later dug out a few days more and it was then, grave robbers came by and stole all his items except his clothing.

A few rebels and a vortigaunt came by armed to the teeth with AR2s and Smgs spotted the corpse in the grave. After reading the paper just kept near his open grave which announced him being a great individual who helped the Outlands by building and repairing things along with his attitude... they seemed to have no choice. The rebels nodded to eachother and wrapped their hands around his body, dragging him out of the hole and somewhere to a safe place. The vortigaunt trailed himself to the edge of the mountain and raised his head, only to yell a echo of vortigeese all out to the Outlands to request his kin. Echoes here and there awokened those who were sleeping but they didn't seem to mind.

After a few minutes, a group of wise vortigaunts or known as "kin" teleported near the vortigaunt who requested assistance. Five vortigaunts with different details and one of them carrying the core of a hive. "This one has acquired the hive core to subductingly perform a ritual to revive the one who has fallen." "Yeah, let's get this thing done alright?" "Yes, this one speaks himself. He is correct and so shall the ritual begin." The group hummed and began to pass their green powers onto the dead human. The lead vortigaunt began to use the core which vanished in his claws and was absorbed into the chest of Jake himself. The vortigaunts began to hum louder and louder as they shrieked their claws, signalling that they are losing the power of themselves. "This one is abruptingly losing interest in such his powers!" One vortigaunt yelled as some of the powers slowly drained, beginning to wear out like a "blinking" lightbulb.

It was until then that Jake fell down from the metal table and landed on his face, only to raise himself up wearingly to stare at the vortigaunts and rebels. "Ah, let's get outta' here now since he is alive. What a waste of the core." "Not such a wasteful item but a one that saved lives from one to a thousand... or million of the population itself." "This human does not need our attention and so shall we leave the area, perhaps?" The vortigaunt group vanished using telepathy while the rebels and the individual vortigaunt left Jake behind. "Hey... hey! Wait up! Where the fuck is my items and... what did you do?" The yell echoed through the mountains like someone who was screaming for help. Slowly looking up at the skies, the rain poured against his face like a wet cloth. He looked back down to his watch to see that it wasn't working but there was a reflection... of himself... his eyes were yellow. Blinking in curiousity, he slowly went down the muddy trail to find the way back to Ineu Pass where it was a second chance to begin a new life.

His hair was wet and damp, he looked down the mountain to see a few patrols here and there. No sleep at all but some energy remaining in his body, he felt the need to head to the Inn to find anyone at all. He felt like a zombie but he wasn't due to the fact that people stared at him due to his yellow eyes. He was alive...

How they obtained the hive core? Statua asked this and so I should add it.

The unknown group with a few rebels and a vortigaunt walked into the cave. One snickered at the darkness and raised his flashlight, only to see a few driplets falling from the ceiling of the cave along with nothing but maggots on the wall. "Were gonna' go in there huh? To get what?" "To get a hive core because the vortigaunts wanted it." "Yeah, I see. The silent vortigaunt wanted it? So be it. Let's get in there." The ground cracked beneath their feet and it seemed carelessly that one of them stepped on a maggot. "Agh, disgusting!" A loud roar came from the cave. It was a signal that they awakened the Antlion guard! "Well, let's keep moving since I want to get this core before it is too late." He nodded and slowly raised his Spas-12 along with the group.

Minutes later, they were caught in a fight. Antlions paced torwards them at a fast rate and they couldn't bother to fill them all up with bullets and pellets. "There's too many of them maaan! Were in deep shit here!" "Use your grenade!" One of the rebels took out his grenade and unclipped the pin, only to throw it at a incoming group of Antlions at them. Yellow blood gushed amongst their appearance and limbs seemed to scatter everywhere. Silence was only left along with the driplets of water. "That's the last of them. Let's keeping moving before any more come along!" Boots began to tremple throughout the cave.

A purple and green hive was seen at the edge of the cliff. They looked around in amazement to see what a large open area it was been. "Woah... what... a large area." The vortigaunt nodded and climbed the large hive, only to dig his claws into the hive itself. They retrieved the small orb that was in his palms. "The hive core! A fascinating yet tolerant entity used to revive humanity one by one. So shall it be." The vortigaunt jumped down and nodded to the rebels. "Let's move now. Consequences cannot face us in such a environment or else we are outnumbered." The unknown rebel raised his hand above his head and slowly went up the hill along with the others. The vortigaunt used his hands to open up a generator which led to the opening of a large door. Upon that door was a small opening that went to the outside. There was freedom and so they climbed it. "Finally... fresh air..."

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
+Revival of a character.
+Yellow eyes
+Some engineering skills (not a lot like last time)

Defects
-Since grave robbers came by, he was robbed with no items at all (except his dufflebag.)
-He doesn't know much of the pass at all.
-Some loss of engineering skills
-Lowered combat skills
-Most skills needs to be learned once again. Some don't.
-A somewhat irritating vision due to the yellow eyes.
-Slow minded and some stuttering in his voice.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
 Just use them to my character and those around me who want passive.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
 Nope.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
// The Prequel section in the background story is what I used in another authorization. That's about it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:03:43 PM by STALKER »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jake Kingstone's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:12:49 PM »
You will need a LOT more detail about the injuries which caused the death, the exact cause of death, how long he was dead for (decaying), why the vorts reanimated him and not others who have died, who got the extract from the hive and how, and a very descriptive story on the revival.

Also, you'll need a fair amount of defects for reanimating a dead person. Mostly physical but some mental and emotional defects as well.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:29:14 PM »
You will need a LOT more detail about the injuries which caused the death, the exact cause of death, how long he was dead for (decaying), why the vorts reanimated him and not others who have died, who got the extract from the hive and how, and a very descriptive story on the revival.

Also, you'll need a fair amount of defects for reanimating a dead person. Mostly physical but some mental and emotional defects as well.

I'll do this sometime later.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »
+ Support Jake was an amazing character that I would love to see once more.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:19:11 PM »
This has been here for quite some time... and after reading the App, it seems like its lacking something.. not sure what, I'm sure not satisfied with this application.

Unless any admins post some positive feedback on this application, this will be denied in 1 week.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »
 Just to leave a comment here just for the administrators to know that I will update this authorization application today or sometime tommorow.

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 05:59:23 PM »
Haha. I knew someone would re-use the green eyes idea i had with Eli's revival. (though this doesn't seem the same)

+Support. I skimmed through the story and liked it, though a bit more detail and maybe fixing up the vortigaunt speech a little would help make a stronger app.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 06:39:44 PM »
Haha. I knew someone would re-use the green eyes idea i had with Eli's revival. (though this doesn't seem the same)

+Support. I skimmed through the story and liked it, though a bit more detail and maybe fixing up the vortigaunt speech a little would help make a stronger app.

Yeah, I'm doing the application right now since there is nothing to do and yes, I used the green eyes from your character. Since the vortessence is green, so shall the eyes.

EDIT 1: Alright, it's been a week now and I have finally did the authorization application. I have added a paragraph worth of detail. Some of things are missing on what Statua said but 80 to 90 percent of it is in there probably. Also Elions, I made his eyes yellow now. :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:05:08 PM by STALKER »

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 10:40:50 PM »
 -Bump-

Yeah, I am starting to lose my patience but I can wait it out abit.

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 10:45:14 PM »
Don't worry mate for stuff like this it takes a while. I had to wait about 2 weeks to get aprooved on my last application. Hang in there and be patient.

Offline Arthas Tyrell

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 11:26:25 AM »
+Support Good app, story makes sense, and I've heard people talk in LOOC of an amazing Rp'er called Jake, so good job.
Characters:
-Arthas Tyrell: Neutral, more likely rebellious.

Alyx Summer: Surviving in the outlands.

-Jaden Raskul: Starving in P3

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 01:29:48 AM »
Ah, forgot about this... how did I forget about this..

Anyways, its been way over 1 week, denied, locked, moved.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal