Author Topic: Massive Event Suggestion  (Read 3046 times)

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Massive Event Suggestion
« on: June 28, 2012, 09:55:29 PM »
Alright, so I am looking for some ideas or suggestions to combine for a possibly massive Outlands event.

I am looking for fresh ideas and other admins will be helping in setting up along with looking at the ideas. We want something that does not involve giving mass amounts of guns to everyone or reprompting old ideas that were blown off. The BEST idea will be picked and if needed, edited a bit. Please, take your time and post a reply in this thread of your idea.

Nothing that was made in the suggestion thread please.. We have reviewed them and most do not cut it.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:21:37 AM by Purple »
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Sectus

• Flutterbutter
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Massive Event Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:50:36 AM »
Why must all of your events be over the top and gigantic?

Idea: A SYNTH unit from the city malfunctions, and hurries into the outlands, going on a rampant killing spree of all living beings, union and resistance alike.

http://sectussection.tumblr.com - My Tumblr Review Page
https://twitter.com/Sectus12 - My Twitter Page

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 02:17:51 AM »
Why must all of your events be over the top and gigantic?

Idea: A SYNTH unit from the city malfunctions, and hurries into the outlands, going on a rampant killing spree of all living beings, union and resistance alike.

I have still yet to see a large event that is or was decent. I am looking for one between two resistance groups if possible along with maybe some OTA, not too much NPCS(if any)
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Toxilium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 03:37:57 PM »
I have a few.

1. A massive earthquake hits. Version A is it causes a tsunami which devastates the coastal regions, both for the Combine and Resistance alike. Version B is it's your standard land-quake. Both sides are in turmoil and the Combine cannot contact the City as communications were knocked out. Both factions have people trapped under rubble and there is a huge amount of tension mounting between them.

2. A high-ranking official (could be Breen or someone of similar importance) is knocked down by a Portal Storm and crash lands near a Resistance encampment. Lo and behold, the Rebels can take control of the crashed airship and hold the captive ransom.

3. A transport truck carrying resistance fighters is charged off the coastal cliff by a surprise Antlion Guard attack when the truck drives too close to a hidden Antlion mound. The survivors are a mix of Civil Protection and high-ranking resistance fighters who had been captured following a raid. Both the local rebel groups and City metrocop catch wind of the stranded truck, whose occupants are facing an increasingly hostile environment...

4. Plague, Uprising, Tea Party (lol)

5. Not quite an uprising, but in-fighting breaks out among the Civil Protection and a new brand of Overwatch brought into the city. The citizens are left in the dark during all of this, but gunfire can be heard within the Nexus as the foreign unit attempts to wrestle control from the Metrocop.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 05:44:05 PM »
 1. Screams are heard from the abandoned bunker and some armed people must investigate the area. On the way to the bunker, they find a few crates scattered on the trail along with debris of a crashed helicopter that crashed nearby. They use it (and all of it must be used at the scenario.) After investigating the area, the malfunctioned door to the exit gets locked up and the stranded inside are swarmed by Antlions and one or two Antlion guards. Some of the individuals are slaughtered (deceased), severely wounded or alive (if they got armour ofcourse.)  The small underground hole was opened by the Antlions and therefore reached the abandoned Soviet bunker, leading to the death of five individual refugees whose bodies are scattered around the bunker just before the players arrived. Blood can be seen surrounded around them and there is food left to be taken by the players along with some random amounts of tokens.

2. A gunship crashes into the Outlands along with a huge explosion. The gunship is sunk into the water and those who want to have the loot and Overwatch kevlar must be able to hold their breath and search through the gunship while doing this. After a few minutes of roleplaying, a chopper arrives to exterminate those around the gunship and tie a rope (or something) to propell it, then drag it far from the area. I don't know about the propell thing though.

3. A few messages and poems are scattered throughout the populated areas of Ineu Pass and players must work together in order to crack the code by finding a secret area. After all the papers have been read, the code is cracked, therefore allowing the players to discover a dark area infestated by zombies. It is said on the message or poem (whatever you like), there is a stash of valuable loot that can be obtainable by the player. Beside the stash is a corpse of a man with his arm chopped off along with his foot. His body appears to be cut in half due to the fact that he has been slaughtered... by something. It appears that a paper is grasped in his hand and those who read it specifically show that someone killed him with a large, fan-like trap which explains why he is cut in half and two of his limbs have been "torn" off. The stash can be anything ranging from food to ammunition to weapons to even just tokens. The dark area can be the bunker, the downtown road, ontop of the mountain or in the mountainside cottage.

4. A killer has set loose throughout the Outlands and he appears to be carrying valuable items! The killer can blend in with the forest with his ghillie suit to prevent him from being seen and he will shoot those on sight (Non-Controllable Players or "NPCs"). The player acts like a investigator in order to obtain clues from papers to witnesses to blood trails. After finding the killer, the player is granted to kill him or loot him and let him go free with nothing. The loot can be valuable such as props (like a taser being the alyx gun prop) to some ammunition and medication.

5. A storm is seen through the Outlands which causes lightning and rain storms. The Outlands inhabitats are then signalled by seeing things in the fog, which is then noticed to be Gunships and Helicopters. After a few attacks here in there by the fog, Overwatch attacks starts to come more frequently than before.

6. A bar is set up in the Inn and many people can join up to have some fun and do whatever they like. Something like a major passive event to say atleast.

7. A mad scientist has given a small pod with a somewhat blue gas held inside. The mad scientist runs away from the user who he gives it to. The player has the decision to either open the pod and unleash the virus or keep the pod and save it for sometime later. After the pod is opened, it allows the blue virus to swarm the Outlands and infect those into cannibilisms and eat others. Something like bathsalts I should say. The infected are given more strength than they are suppose to have (withstand bullets), incredible speed (with very low exhaustion) and have some problems. They are not accurate as they used to be and have trouble directing where they should go due to the fact that their eyes are turning white which signals they are turning blind. They have a high incredible sense though and can sniff those out near them. Use a creepy model, some armour, fog and lightning, eerily music, run very fast and you got yourself a horror event. The administration staff can pick out players (four or less probably), change their models to the corpse that is dead (the blue one with the fucked up face and the black, skinny one that looks like he was encrusted by a massive fire.) The cannibilisms don't carry any (or do have) loot and cause a lot of danger to inhabitats around them.

Yeah, those are the events I thought up about. Hope this helps.

Offline Checkers

• Cats are cool stuff
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 06:20:48 PM »
Im really against events in outlands due to purples last event...and I heard rumors that combine snipers where given out during the event. So if we are doing something I'd perfer if its passive.
I am ded not big surprise.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 06:31:45 PM »
Hnng, back in my days, people liked my outlands events.

I dunno how an infection thing on OL would play out. They're normally only done on city.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 07:17:49 PM »
Im really against events in outlands due to purples last event...and I heard rumors that combine snipers where given out during the event. So if we are doing something I'd perfer if its passive.

a lot of weaponary were given out when Purple is around... sometimes though if you are really lucky.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 07:33:33 PM »
I believe the sniper issue has already been dealt with, so dun be mean to Purple.

I do like the idea of a City Administrator being captured and held hostage, though.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Arthas Tyrell

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 11:25:59 AM »
I think we should go with Stalker's #3, it seems like a good idea, with competetive-ness, and just the overall fact of finding loot, and that the difficulties along the way are substantial enough, to declare a good amount of loot, to the person who can decipher the admin's mystery.
Characters:
-Arthas Tyrell: Neutral, more likely rebellious.

Alyx Summer: Surviving in the outlands.

-Jaden Raskul: Starving in P3

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal