Author Topic: Gmod Problems  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Mr. Pettit

Gmod Problems
« on: June 26, 2012, 11:26:58 PM »
Alright, so I happened to come across a driver update for my laptop, since it is from 2010 and I got it last year and haven't updated much on it other than the vital portions. After I downloaded this update, I was able to play Amnesia and actually see the game as I was having that issue and the only real reason I did so. Miraculously, Minecraft stopped sucking cock FPS wise after this as well. But when I go onto Gmod, after 1 hour or so the game jumps into this terrible FPS rape fest where I cant play unless I look at the ground and even then it eventually just crashes and I get the good ol' "HL2.exe has stopped working" message. I though DirectX might have been my problem, but that actually cut it down to the point that around 30-40 minutes of Gmod is what I get now before the FPS derp. The first time I played Gmod after the update I got an error on gmod that said "Ran out of memory". So, if I can get any help with that I'd love it. And if it happens to be me just uninstalling the update, I just need some guidelines to do so. System restore doesn't like to work for me. Adding onto this, (If you need to know to help) I have the shitball Lenovo V570 laptop. Thanks.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gmod Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 11:35:11 PM »
How much RAM does the laptop have?

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 11:37:39 PM »
6 Gigs

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 11:51:22 PM »
On 64 bit I guess, I don't know why its happening but it sounds like your ram is filling up / not being used so that Gmod can no longer use the ram to load files into but it could be a totally different issue

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 11:57:44 PM »
Not sure if it will help, but should I try re-installing Gmod?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 02:34:24 AM »
Possibly overheating? I was playing TF2 on my laptop and watched the FPS slowly drop as time went on and my fan started working like a hair dryer.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal