Author Topic: Rebels or 'Groups'  (Read 3172 times)

300fist

Rebels or 'Groups'
« on: June 23, 2012, 02:58:19 AM »
I have come across 'Rebels' In HL2RP a lot of times in P3. For example, some are different, Some kill, some don't. But I dont like to call them 'Rebels'. I simply Call them a 'Group'.... EX: 'The Brotherhood'. It is a rebellion 'Group'. Not 'Rebels'. I hate the minges and little kids that say, "Oh, I know who you are." When They simply just heard you talking on your radio in OOC, Now if they had The Rebel Costume, then I would consider them a rebel, But If they dont, I simply call them a group. So If you think there are rebels in HL2RP, They arn't on this server at least, I have seen one Girl In a Rebel Costume, but the rest of them are just Rebellion 'Groups'. Just-Like-That.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rebels or 'Groups'
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 03:13:48 AM »
I have come across 'Rebels' In HL2RP a lot of times in P3. For example, some are different, Some kill, some don't. But I dont like to call them 'Rebels'. I simply Call them a 'Group'.... EX: 'The Brotherhood'. It is a rebellion 'Group'. Not 'Rebels'. I hate the minges and little kids that say, "Oh, I know who you are." When They simply just heard you talking on your radio in OOC, Now if they had The Rebel Costume, then I would consider them a rebel, But If they dont, I simply call them a group. So If you think there are rebels in HL2RP, They arn't on this server at least, I have seen one Girl In a Rebel Costume, but the rest of them are just Rebellion 'Groups'. Just-Like-That.

You don't need items (Like the rebel outfit) to RebelRP. Although RebelRP is mostly for Outlands, and not city, one can still achieve it in the city. You don't need items to consider yourself a "rebel". In any Role-Play server, items are not needed for Role-Play, so you don't need items to achieve a certain status.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 03:26:06 AM »
Anti-Civil activity will have you branded as a rebel. That is because the term rebel means going against the government/everything else and regardless of your equipment/appearance it's that motivation you have.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 09:44:58 PM »
At the times that I decide to go underground as my loyalist and head into P3 to find evidence of serious rebellion. I find that the most of them are separated groups, some with weapons, some without. The only time that they would be a real threat to society is if they all united, then, and only then, will they be able to win thier battle.
I have to kill fast and bullets too slow...

RoflWaffle: tryharding is a good thing in a way

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 12:01:20 AM »
They're still rebels as they're rebelling against the combine.

The real differences are between rebels and the resistance. Rebels just leave oppressed society to find a new life of freedom, usually through criminal means such as robbery, mugging, and murder. Resistance devote their lives to providing hope, freedom, and nutrition to citizens and rebels alike. They can live in apartments or P3. Sometimes, you dont even know they're resistance till they give you a can of beans.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 12:24:30 AM »
A rebel following Canon wouldn't be going around flashing their weapons and openly acting against the Combine. They'd more than likely be hiding behind closed door, talking to eachother with hushed voices and preping some kind of underground move or action to slowly batter away at the Union's hold on Earth.

Aside from that, I generally don't like people using the term 'Rebels' when refering to the anti-citizens in P3. Currently, the rebellion hasn't started, and is probably far from occuring at the current stage in the canon. The people are operating an underground Resistance. They are Resistance members and should be treated like so. I feel the term 'Rebel' should be used for someone more openly active against the Union, and potentially using violence as one of their main methods.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 05:26:54 AM »
The point OP is trying to make in this thread is that our HL2RP city server actually contains almost all LOLrebels, and barely any (if any at all) proper resistance.

As Statua explained, resistance usually keeps quiet and goes around doing stuff that you don't even notice.

The problem we have is that most players in P3 are lolrebels. This means that they go around mugging citizens, robbing houses and being complete jerks to other citizens and flashing off their equipment or whatever.
These kind of lolrebels don't give a damn about other citizens and only care to keep their own heads high up in the clouds. While real resistance cares about the safety and condition of their fellow humans and helps them in any way possible.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 03:04:08 PM »
Adding on to what Lone Wanderer said, there are key differences between rebels and resistance fighters.  Rebels openly defy the powers that be and often instigate violence.  A resistance is more of a shadowy force that hides amongst the populace, sabotaging something and then returning to their secret base to watch for a reaction.  Resistance fighters also have more than just themselves in mind, often allocating many of their resources towards helping the oppressed, non-combatant populace.

Also adding on to what Nicknero has said, the "rebels" in D6/P3 are nothing more than criminals IMHO.  They are neither rebels, who would openly engage in hostilities with the CCA, or resistance, who would have their mind on bringing hope to their fellow citizens and vortigaunts.  Instead, as nicknero said, most of the people with guns in D6/P3 are self-serving power mongers who think that a gun symbolically gives them divine right to act as if they are playing GTA.  I haven't been in D6/P3 in forever, so I have very little right to speak of this, but I have heard many complaints along this line, and it seems as though very little is being done about the quality of RP there.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »
Adding on to what Lone Wanderer said, there are key differences between rebels and resistance fighters.  Rebels openly defy the powers that be and often instigate violence.  A resistance is more of a shadowy force that hides amongst the populace, sabotaging something and then returning to their secret base to watch for a reaction.  Resistance fighters also have more than just themselves in mind, often allocating many of their resources towards helping the oppressed, non-combatant populace.

Also adding on to what Nicknero has said, the "rebels" in D6/P3 are nothing more than criminals IMHO.  They are neither rebels, who would openly engage in hostilities with the CCA, or resistance, who would have their mind on bringing hope to their fellow citizens and vortigaunts.  Instead, as nicknero said, most of the people with guns in D6/P3 are self-serving power mongers who think that a gun symbolically gives them divine right to act as if they are playing GTA.  I haven't been in D6/P3 in forever, so I have very little right to speak of this, but I have heard many complaints along this line, and it seems as though very little is being done about the quality of RP there.
And that's why they we need sweeps lol. But seriously, my friend has an OTA vest and has Divisional Leader training (Taught by Saimon or something, he has authorization for it don't know where to find, but I'm looking.)
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal