Author Topic: Orange Cosmos Roleplay 2  (Read 27139 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orange Cosmos Roleplay 2
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 06:00:05 PM »
Wiping everyones stuff will cause problems. I tried it at an old PERP community and unfortunately a general minority will qq/cry and leave. That being said there's always people who will agree and think a wipe/reset is in the best interests of everyone.
If we decide on a wipe it's not like we're doing it for no reason whatsoever. The update is going to be so massive it's going to be pretty much a different gamemode. We'll see how things go.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 06:12:48 PM »
Wiping everyones stuff will cause problems. I tried it at an old PERP community and unfortunately a general minority will qq/cry and leave. That being said there's always people who will agree and think a wipe/reset is in the best interests of everyone.

Heres a thought, I believe honestly that we have lost more people than we have gained due to boredom. Nobody has anything to do once they have their nice little car or 50 guns etc. It's been the same database for two whole long years and a lot of people are at a point where there is nothing left to do. I don't want to sound arrogant but CG should have never started again with the same database but us as a community voted against a reset and it's come to this. OCRP was dead this time a few months ago but Crap-Head has worked his arse off to make it worth playing again and now he is working harder than he ever has done to get OCRP2 done for you guys. Whether it's a reset or not whining will have no impact upon the decision. Whatever happens will happen for a reason. A new gamemode would be like a little update if we all kept our millions of dollars. If you guys want my opinion, for what it is worth I think it will bring some of the old players back and the new gamemode might pull some new people in. It's just continuing the cycle.

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 11:18:14 PM »
I would have to agree that having a wipe/reset even though it wouldn't be that since this will be something of a new gamemode (especially if renamed CGRP) while yes, some people would qq/cry and leave, it just means that all they care about is the time that they spent trying to raid and grow weed for hours on end just to get a measly car. The thing is though, is that if they do in fact do that, then it means that them going away means that they were more in it to "win" than to actually have a decent roleplay experience, I will admit that I had tried to stockpile money to get a decent car but along the way (most of the time) I'd lose about 100k in one day through just one rp event (for those that remember me, always the atv races). But yes, if people had to start from scratch, it means that everyone is on a level playing field, ready to try and set things straight, and have a somewhat decent experience when getting away from our cruel reality. If people did take time to actually try and RP something like a pizza company for instance and not have that as a sort of way to be a cover so that people would open their house's door only to then see an ak-47 or shotgun pointed at them and then quite possibly fired, then things might actually start to get fun, even though it might start turning into another hl2rp server at that extent, but really. People do need to take a break from stockpiling contraband and then selling it to turn their profit into a car or several guns/ammunition to turn the entire day into a Crime based RP and have some ridiculous fun by driving an atv on a course for prize money or something fun like CrazyNinja's "Whack a Human" event
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGiAuq5pzfQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGiAuq5pzfQ</a>

(Off track here, if you don't care, please skip to next post): God, it almost makes me want to play OCRP again just to see how different it's gotten since yet another long break and since I've wasted a rather nice amount of my life now on Xbox playing stuff ranging from (most recently) Plants Vs. Zombies to Lollipop Chainsaw and Dead Space, also that I've spent a nice amount recently playing Amnesia. I will most likely play OCRP2/CGRP when it comes out and might continue through it a bit during school (if courses don't take time away and spending time outside of a dorm room (just became a freshmen in college and enrolled a few months ago (can't wait to get started)).
"Groovy", "This, is my Boom stick".
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".
For funny billboards: http://majormike.us/?p=128

Offline DrunkGarry

• DRUNKGARRY, OCRP PLAYER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 01:03:30 PM »
Just keep like it how it is now, but lots of changes, i saved very long for my money and cars!

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 01:20:12 PM »
Just keep like it how it is now, but lots of changes, i saved very long for my money and cars!

And now you have your money and card - what now?

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 04:01:49 PM »

And now you have your money and card - what now?

What now? Now we wait for a new map/game mode/new experiences with the money and cars we have and/or put in new cars/save for new cars. This isn't the end of the world that people like I who have weeks and weeks of playtime on the same exact server (OCRP) don't want a reset. All they have to do is put in the new game mode and put in many new cars, props, mini games, etc... So what it makes the content pack bigger, if people really know how good this community and its servers really are (most people hear from friends), then they will take the time to download it. I know main and only goal in OCRP for people currently is getting cars, and I have a feeling that no matter what we do, that won’t ever change. I believe the only reason it is about cars and growing is that getting cars and growing is the most interesting and everyone likes it. With that being said we need to have more activities and fun stuff in OCRP so people won’t be so focused on crimerp such as growing. One of my suggestions is that we should put in mini games like the ones in gmod party then maybe that will help a little and most people would not always have to go to crime RP all the time. On a semi-related note, look how whenever OCRP gets updated in general, there's a massive spring in players for a few days, then it dies back down, because people get used to the new things and go back to growing. There has to be a way around this, were just not seeing it.

Just my 2 cents.

~silent
Bananananannanananana

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 04:35:21 PM »
What now? Now we wait for a new map/game mode/new experiences with the money and cars we have and/or put in new cars/save for new cars. This isn't the end of the world that people like I who have weeks and weeks of playtime on the same exact server (OCRP) don't want a reset. All they have to do is put in the new game mode and put in many new cars, props, mini games, etc... So what it makes the content pack bigger, if people really know how good this community and its servers really are (most people hear from friends), then they will take the time to download it. I know main and only goal in OCRP for people currently is getting cars, and I have a feeling that no matter what we do, that won’t ever change. I believe the only reason it is about cars and growing is that getting cars and growing is the most interesting and everyone likes it. With that being said we need to have more activities and fun stuff in OCRP so people won’t be so focused on crimerp such as growing. One of my suggestions is that we should put in mini games like the ones in gmod party then maybe that will help a little and most people would not always have to go to crime RP all the time. On a semi-related note, look how whenever OCRP gets updated in general, there's a massive spring in players for a few days, then it dies back down, because people get used to the new things and go back to growing. There has to be a way around this, were just not seeing it.

Just my 2 cents.

~silent

OCRP2 is not just a fuck load of new retarded cars that drives 200 mph and cost 3 million dollars.

You wanna know why OCRP is boring? Because theres no economy circle. You buy a weapon for 1200 dollars. Thats the money you got from gold member citizen paychecks in 10 minutes. Literally, you get about 120 dollars every minute. Its completely retarded as it currently is. Everybody just sits inside with there 9 ak47, and there 2000 rifle ammo and waits until someone raids them, then take their weapons and get even more weapons.

With OCRP2 we are trying to build away from that. Instead of extending to current features, we are coding new features to increase the gameplay instead of being stuck in the same old things over and over.

Wait and see what happens. Thats my best advice.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 12:35:56 PM »
Reset everyones stuff and watch how the server dies a quick death. Simple fact. I dare you to challenge it.
hi I'm DBK and I act like I know everything because i've started a bunch of communities that lasted a week

*Well over a year

I've been in loads of different communities and unless you have greasy palms from the staff team, no one likes a reset.

So yeah, I like to think I know what I'm talking about. If the gamemode is as hugely different as being said well then "reset" goes far beyond the scope of losing your hard-earned-over-two-years stuff

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 12:40:57 PM »
Is there anything about unbans for people who where semi-unfairly banned and don't want to pay $50??

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 01:03:09 PM »
Is there anything about unbans for people who where semi-unfairly banned and don't want to pay $50??

All questions will be answered at a later point. Simply because i'd like to answer them all in one thread instead of having 20 people asking me different places.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Jake_1305

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2012, 03:20:49 PM »
Glad to hear OCRP is still being worked on and I hope it comes out well.

I'd like to state as nobody really has yet that this is CG's OCRP2, this is not the OCRP2 I/OC developed and uses none of the code.

I wish the best of luck and I'll check it out on release.

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2012, 05:07:05 PM »
What now? Now we wait for a new map/game mode/new experiences with the money and cars we have and/or put in new cars/save for new cars.
No, just no, I have a load of cars/cash etc.
I wish to be reset either together or as an individual. Just that prior to the reset for OCRP2 I'd like to make a lottery with the remaining cash I have left. (after giving away so much to friends)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2012, 08:16:57 AM »
Could we not just wait and see what the final call will be about the reset?

If its done, it will of course be announced in time so people can fuck about with their moneys.

Offline Aneeso

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2012, 12:31:58 PM »
Garry's Mod Roleplay (including PERP and OCRP);
Fuck acting, let's act hardcore and drive like we're playing GTA and grow weed and act like we're from the ghetto.

Seriously, the main aim of roleplaying gamemodes is;
1) Get money whatever way possible
2) Buy a car
3) Act like a dickhead in your new virtual car
4) Done
Nothing to see here.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2012, 10:18:01 PM »
Garry's Mod Roleplay (including PERP and OCRP);
Fuck acting, let's act hardcore and drive like we're playing GTA and grow weed and act like we're from the ghetto.

Seriously, the main aim of roleplaying gamemodes is;
1) Get money whatever way possible
2) Buy a car
3) Act like a dickhead in your new virtual car
4) Done

And it seems like that is what people like to do. Else OCRP wouldn't have had a peak of about 25/35 players every single day.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal