Author Topic: Orange Cosmos Roleplay 2  (Read 27330 times)

Offline BRO | Lokolopes

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orange Cosmos Roleplay 2
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 11:09:09 AM »
Will there be night and day as it was in old OCRP? When it was still v33x?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 11:18:44 AM »
Please don't ask our staff about information for OCRP2, and don't bug Crap-Head about it. You will all be told when we are ready to give more information on the gamemode.

Basically this means: Please dont ask questions about OCRP2. You will be given all information that you will need when we feel like giving more information out.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 10:51:52 PM »
Hopefully this will gain a big spring in the population so we can get more and more people!! Good luck Crap.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Aneeso

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 10:25:39 AM »
Ignore me then, that's cool
Nothing to see here.

Offline ??¬??¬Barosan??¬??¬

• Criminal
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 11:03:18 AM »
Nice job Crap-had All this time you've not stopped improving the ocrp things. I'm hoping the ocrp 2 and I'm sure will be very securely mounted. Good luck ;)
I am a romaniam guy i have 19 years old, i know speak spanish and im learning english. I live in Spain and soon I'll have that to work in South America and in a few years will go to the United States or Canada.Romania is a democratic country and is located in Europe and also belongs to the European union, but sincerely I don't like the European system which is corrupt and only defend the interests of politicians.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 11:48:07 AM »
Ignore me then, that's cool

Hi Aneeso! Remember me!
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Fudsine

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 01:49:51 PM »
As long as this isn't a cheap excuse to reset everyone's stats, I'm looking forward to it

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 02:03:36 PM »
As long as this isn't a cheap excuse to reset everyone's stats, I'm looking forward to it

What happens to our cars and money etc that we've collected?
Undecided yet.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 03:11:41 PM »

What happens to our cars and money etc that we've collected?
Undecided yet.

Yes reset= negative spring in players
No reset= mjr positive spring in players

And thats how it is,
~silent
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:15:12 PM by D3AD_S1L3NT- Gift me Arma2? »
Bananananannanananana

Offline Wacka

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 06:21:57 PM »

Thinking exactly the same thing.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 10:11:10 AM »
Of course all the players at CG don't want a reset. Now, being one of the devs that has no fucking clue what's going on and doesn't really care, I will say this.

I have a lot of experience with role playing across several different games, platforms, and areas and what I've come to learn is that a stat reset is possibly the best thing you can do, however; that implies that the goal here is to role play and to have fun, not to "win" the game.

Unfortunately, the role playing style in Garry's Mod falls generally under that category. Now, I don't play OCRP at the current moment, so please understand that I don't talk about everyone or anyone in particular, I talk about the general majority. What I see is that everyone here wants to bulk up on their money, buy a bunch of nice cars and drive around. I really haven't seen a group get together and spend money for the sake of having fun and playing a role. I for one would reward players like that with in game items if I would ever see them, but this comes full circle. Allow me to explain.

A reset of all items in a role play environment puts everyone on the same level, however, due to Catalyst Gaming's base model, we have to assume that VIP and Gold members get their items they donated for, so obviously, we run into a problem off the bat. We can't give them nothing, they'll feel cheated, we can't give them too much, it will throw the economy out of whack, but that's just it. If no one cared about how much money they had and instead just wanted to play and have fun, role play, we wouldn't have to worry about the economic side effects of a reset.

Just a thought.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 10:15:22 AM »
^ That's because the general gameplay of OCRP has been turned from a gamemode where people would actually roleplay events, and have fun in a house to now where if you don't have weed growing or aren't raiding it's "not fun".

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 02:38:13 PM »
Reset everyones stuff and watch how the server dies a quick death. Simple fact. I dare you to challenge it.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 04:40:50 PM »
Reset everyones stuff and watch how the server dies a quick death. Simple fact. I dare you to challenge it.
hi I'm DBK and I act like I know everything because i've started a bunch of communities that lasted a week
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 05:56:16 PM »
Wiping everyones stuff will cause problems. I tried it at an old PERP community and unfortunately a general minority will qq/cry and leave. That being said there's always people who will agree and think a wipe/reset is in the best interests of everyone.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal