Author Topic: Internet Explorer Glitch  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Jane Freeman

• View Profile
    • Awards
Internet Explorer Glitch
« on: June 14, 2012, 10:22:47 AM »
Everytime I go on catalyst on IE It goes to the bottom and I can't scroll up...So I am using steams web thingy.

Re: Internet Explorer Glitch
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 10:32:18 AM »
Try another browser.

'My opinion Chrome is the best.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 04:32:17 PM »
Honestly, Internet Explorer is the worst possible browser to use. I can't tell you what to do, but as a web developer I can assure you that using Internet Explorer will dumb down your browsing experience by a huge amount and here's why:
Microsoft advertises their browser as "The Web. Better" when, in fact, to make websites support their browser a website needs to be coded nearly twice. It's hard to explain that to someone who doesn't know what I'm talking about but Internet Explorer just doesn't support everything that every other browser in the entire world does.

ANY browser is better than Internet Explorer, however, I do recommend Google Chrome or Chromium.
Firefox is also great.
Opera still exists and is fantastic.
I would even tell you to get Safari over Internet Explorer

Hope that clears some stuff up. In short, we don't support Internet Explorer.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 04:55:11 PM »
After a fresh windows install, I use Internet Explorer ONE SINGLE time for the rest of the entire PC durability. And that is to download another browser straight away.
Internet Explorer is just garbage and shouldn't be used. I use Firefox myself, and I really like it. But Lots of people say Chrome is better. I never used Chrome so I can't say, so just choose either of these two as Somone77 said, and you'll be fine.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 07:19:11 AM »
Click to see the original size.

IE works for me, renders pages horribly and it's so slow but it works (posted from IE too), just like others have said don't use it - each version gets less shit but really other browsers are a lot better for speed, features and security...

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 05:00:48 PM »
I can fully backup my opinion. If you try making a website look nice with CSS and make it support webkit browsers (chrome, firefox, safari, etc) as well as Internet Explorer, you will learn to hate it on a personal level, and do what most do, put a piece of code that detects the browser and tells IE users to fuck off.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 10:36:31 PM »
Chrome and Firefox are the only browsers I have been using for years now and I never have a problem
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal