Author Topic: Recent Downtime  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Recent Downtime
« on: June 01, 2012, 03:42:07 PM »
I feel I need to address the recent downtime that we've experienced and let me tell you, it's a good story. However, I can't tell you it.

A lot of our security was compromised in the past week and we've been fighting to repair it, rest assured that none of your information was damaged or stolen, everything is safe.

I would like to personally apologize for much of the time wasted, we had no indication this attack was coming but it could have been prevented.

Over the next few weeks we will be instituting more strict security measures on development around here, we've brought on a person who is quite knowledgeable in linux security to help us as well. Also, if you're wondering who caused this, that information is confidential, the matter has been resolved and I would like to pinch any forming rumors (because I know you'll make them) that it was a member of our staff. It was not. None of our trusted developers would have leaked information. 

Again, sorry for the inconvenience, and lets get back to playing like always.

Offline L3GO-Barry

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Recent Downtime
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 09:14:54 PM »
I feel I need to address the recent downtime that we've experienced and let me tell you, it's a good story. However, I can't tell you it.

A lot of our security was compromised in the past week and we've been fighting to repair it, rest assured that none of your information was damaged or stolen, everything is safe.

I would like to personally apologize for much of the time wasted, we had no indication this attack was coming but it could have been prevented.

Over the next few weeks we will be instituting more strict security measures on development around here, we've brought on a person who is quite knowledgeable in linux security to help us as well. Also, if you're wondering who caused this, that information is confidential, the matter has been resolved and I would like to pinch any forming rumors (because I know you'll make them) that it was a member of our staff. It was not. None of our trusted developers would have leaked information. 

Again, sorry for the inconvenience, and lets get back to playing like always.

all i can say is you and all the other developers have done a good job to fix it its good to be back
Hi im ben trollen im from Microsoft IM BANNING -_- If abortion is murder, blowjobs are cannibalism

Offline PoXiE [Zefux]

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 01:07:48 PM »
You don't have to be sorry, you have done great job fixing this problem. Keep up the good work.

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 01:57:02 PM »
You don't have to be sorry, you have done great job fixing this problem. Keep up the good work.
Your sarcasm is too obvious.

Offline PoXiE [Zefux]

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 02:06:16 PM »
Your sarcasm is too obvious.
What? :D. My message did not involve any sarcasm, but I see that yours did. (Yes, I am sherlock)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal