Author Topic: Matthew Henderson.'s Authorization Application  (Read 2252 times)

Matthew Henderson.'s Authorization Application
« on: May 30, 2012, 12:34:05 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: The Doctor RIP Juggernaut
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 2-3 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 1-2 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Basic Marksmanship(Long range).
Basic Hunting skills.
Knowledge in basic military tactics.

Name: Matthew Henderson.
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Matt was born to a poor family in Dallas, in 1967. His dad was going from job to job with his mom trying to find work where she could to support them. Matt's dad started drinking when he got laid off and he started to get violent. After watching his mom get beaten by him, Matt's dad decided that his son shouldn't grow up thinking of his father like that, so he decided to teach Matt how to hunt. After teaching him how to shoot his little plinking gun his dad got him a small bolt action .223 deer rifle. After he learned to control the recoil his dad started to play a more advance form of hide and seek in the woods, teaching Matt to find him by tracking his footprints and listening to him moving, Matt had a joy of a time doing this with his father and loved every second of it.

Matt's dad got him up early in the morning to go hunt with him, when Matt got up he saw his mom at the door with a black eye and a glare at his father, Matt too young to understand what was going on just went about like it was nothing.
When they got the truck unloaded and up in to the deer stands, Matt laid there waiting for his father when he spotted a seven point buck he pulled back the bolt to make sure there was a round loaded and shouldered the rifle and slowly took aim, he got control of his breath and took two deep breaths and on the last exhale held his breath in till he squeezed the trigger making the rifle go off in to the heart of the deer, who only ran twenty feet before falling dead. Matt's dad quickly ran to find out what Matt shot at and saw the deer, he then told Matt how to skin it and get the meet off and what cuts were best.

After Matt told his dad all about it they loaded the truck back up and headed home.
After ten more years of the abuse Matt's Mom had enough and sent him to her parents ranch in west Texas, where before they could get out the door Matt's dad tried to stop them and hit Matt's mother when she pulled a revolver and shot him dead with three rounds to the chest.
With both of them staring at the body eyes wide open they didn't think for a moment to call the cops about what happened, however a police cruiser pulled up and two officers got out and drew their guns, Matt's mom quickly put the pistol on the ground and the cops interrogated them both and when Matt and his Mother showed them the scars they didn't arrest or charge Matt's mom, however due to what happened she had to be admitted to a mental hospital and Matt still ended up at his grand parents ranch.

While Matt was at the ranch his grand farther let him shoot a bit more on a improvised range where he got better at the longer ranges, to the point where his granddad would send him out to hunt down the foxes and boars killing the cattle and destroying the crop. And Matt enjoyed his time there from the work, to the shooting.

After six months of working at the ranch he was putting his horse in for the night when a snake got in to the stall and spooked the horse, Matt tried to clam her down but the horse bucked and kicked Matt in the chest knocking him down cold.

After that Matt didn't work too much at the ranch before leaving and starting his own life.
He started to study military tactics due to him wanting to join the military where he changed his mind and got in to the medical world, still watching the movies on the wars and their tactics from time to time but losing quite a bit of the knowledge. 

He never got to use his skills during the portal storms or during the war because he was trying to be more of a medic then a soldier.
But Matt got his hands on a rifle and decided he could do quite a bit of good with it and started to help the valley with their food and combine problems.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Different hit/miss ratio in a long firefight.
Ability to track people/creatures alike.
The ability to set up ambushes and defenses for the resistance.

Defects
Horrible Short to medium range shooting(S2M 97% of the time.)
Creates social awkwardness when he tends to stalk people.
Thick minded, he'll find one tactic for ambushing and it'll take him awhile to grow away from him which may cost lives.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan on working with OTA to make fun firefights for both parties when we have approval from the leader.

The tracking is more for food then hunting down bandits, so if authorized I'd like to hunt from time to time bring in some deer/ant lion/head craps/boars to cook and eat giving a better supply of food.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
I may add defects when they come to mind/are requested. Oh and Plinking is where you take a .22 or a bb gun and shoot cans in your backyard/on someones property its not an error.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:49:11 AM by Kom??Як »
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Matthew Henderson.'s Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 01:18:19 PM »
I do not know what any admins think but to me this app seems quite basic. I know you are a good RPer Doctor and I think you could make a more advanced application.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 01:22:40 PM »
I'll admit I suck at writing anything larger then a sentence, I'll work on this a bit more when I get the chance (I decided to make/finish this quickly because when I didn't it all got fucked up due to me being half asleep when I finished it) I'm also open to suggestions.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »
I like the backstory for the hunting part, but the military skills part isnt detailed enough.

I'll support it for the hunting skills only, unless you write more on the military part

You're a good RPer no doubt, so i think you having these could make some better RP.

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 02:03:11 PM »
I like the backstory for the hunting part, but the military skills part isnt detailed enough.

I'll support it for the hunting skills only, unless you write more on the military part

You're a good RPer no doubt, so i think you having these could make some better RP.
Thanks for the input I'll make the changes in the next few days(Busier then a mother fucker this weekend)

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 04:11:18 PM »
Authorization accepted.

You're a more than compitent roleplayer, Doctor. I was a little dissapointed in the lack of detail going towards you ending up in the citys.

I'm only going to be accepted 2/3 requests, however.

Basic Marksmanship(Long range). - Accepted
Basic Hunting skills. - Accepted
Knowledge in basic military tactics. - Denied

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal