Author Topic: Some people are retarded...  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Some people are retarded...
« on: May 15, 2012, 04:39:29 PM »
I was browsing google for RSO related topics and came across this. I facedesked so hard, my baked mini potatoes I was eating turned into mini mashed potatoes.

Spoiler for Durr:
Here's How I did it VERY EASILY

Go to your steamapps folder. (You may have to go into your Steam folder first to find steamapps.) Once your in steamapps, click on your steam username, then click on your garrysmod folder, then once your in there, there will be another garrysmod folder. Click on that one. Once you are in that folder, you must locate the folder titled "screenshots". Click on it and you will see every screenshot image you have taken in Garry's Mod with the "Camera" tool. You may want to save all of these to your pictures, because you will need to delete most if not all of these. If you do not save them to your Pictures, sparingly keep the ones you don't want to get rid of, and delete the rest. Well there you go! Now that you have cleaned up your screenshots folder, you should be ready to go.

(Note: This is NOT a scientific Steam confirmed explanation, and is not guaranteed 100% to fix your problems, but please read below for an explanation of how and why it should work.)

P.S. This worked for me in the same server after I got the error twice before trying this.

EXPLANATION: Ok first, lets look at the situation. We have a problem, and we need to fix it. But to do that we need to know what is wrong. So lets troubleshoot. We have an error. Lets take a look at the error. It says: ERROR Reliable Snapshot Overflow. Ok, Lets take a look at two words here. snaphot, and overflow. We know that these words have something to do with each other. Plus, the fact that these words follow each other, there is nothing in between them. So lets get tune out everything else. "snapshot overflow. thats what we have. It seems to say that we have some kind of snapshot overflow. Oh, look, it "just so happens" that we have snapshots, or screenshots, in this game were talking about, and most of the time were either fooling around with it, or we acidentally take pictures with out little "Camera" tool, so we have a lot of those. A LOT. So many that we had some kind of "overflow" that might cause some kind of "error". Hmm... I know! Remember earlier we were talking about how we had this error for a game with these words? Lets think! If theres an overflow, that means there's too many. So we have to reduce the number. So in this case, there is a "snapshot overflow", so the only way to fix this is to reduce the number of snapshots. The only way to reduce the number of something on a computer is to delete something. Sooo... wait... did I just think? No it isn't possible.. did I? ...wait..yes...yes...I've got it! Reduce the number of snapshots by deleting them! So we have to delete some of the snapshots! :D

Offline Yimmy The Cat

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Some people are retarded...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 04:45:56 PM »
Holy fuck you can't get more stupid.

Although, I once had a teacher who
1.Would type in the URL of a website into google
2. Would find the website
3.Would copy and past the URL listed under the GIANT BLUE WORDS and put it in the URL area

No one could save this man.
What starts off as a joke soon becomes a gamemode.

I envy you :'(  Did you furiously pull your cock off until your penis shot pure childrens tears?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Some people are retarded...
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 05:05:17 PM »
Lol.... Snapshots.... OH NO IT MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH SCREENSHOTS..... o.O

Fucking dumbasses failing to read SNAPHSOT.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal