Author Topic: Trip to New York  (Read 4514 times)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Trip to New York
« on: May 22, 2012, 09:41:30 AM »
Right, so next saturday (26th of may) I'm going to take a 8 hour flight trip all the way from Europe to New York for the entire week with my family.
Cool huh? It will be my first time in my life actually leaving Europe.
I'm going to stay there for a week, so I'm wondering who of you out there actually have been to New York before, or actually live close to it and can tell me what exactly would be worth it to visit there in the week.
So what is really outstanding and tops anything else that we should see?

Cheers, Nick.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Trip to New York
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:51:29 AM »
Fancy soviet viking lives there if I remember correctly.

I live too far away from New York, sadly.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 10:13:45 AM »
I've visited New York before, stopped in Manhattan for 5 days. It was fucking amazing, our hotel was opposite Madison Square Garden so as soon as you opened the curtains to look outside, there it was. It literally is the city that never sleeps too, even at 3am it's still busy. Times Square is amazing both in the day and so much better at night. We also went to the top of the Empire State Building, which I highly recommend you do, because the view is beautiful (it was going into sunset at the time too) and you can see miles and miles around. Liberty Island is somewhere you should take a ferry to, and if you are lucky, sometimes they open the Statue to go into, but just being outside looking up at it is nice by itself, and looking from the island to NY looks so awesome. I also recommend you go watch a Broadway show, we went to see Lion King and the quality of it was so great.

Overall, best trip I've ever had in my life, I would love to live in NY.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:28:41 AM »
Fancy soviet viking lives there if I remember correctly.

I live too far away from New York, sadly.

I got to NY to do stuff like Abbott said, not to look for derps I know via the internet. :\

Nice suggestions Ab. I'll keep them in mind if we try to figure out what to do.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 11:49:45 AM »
Forgot to mention one place you must go to at night to eat is Hard Rock Café, food is awesome and so is the place itself.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 12:51:21 PM »
Forgot to mention one place you must go to at night to eat is Hard Rock Café, food is awesome and so is the place itself.

I've been to the one in Barcelona and it was awesome. So yeah, the New York one should be even cooler!
im bach

Offline ur mom bob

• Mofag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
I live an hour away from New York and I have only been there like 4 or 5 times. I would suggest going to the Madame Tussaud's New York Wax Museum, it was a lot of fun when I went with my family.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 03:01:06 PM »
I live in NYC currently up on the upper west side in Manhattan. I can tell you that you need to go see a play or two when you are there as the plays on Broadway are GREAT. Some of the best shopping areas are on Broadway as well. Make sure to stop on 34th street to the famous Macy's department store. Be aware of stores in NYC labeled "Unlocked Phones" or "Phone Unlocks" MANY stores in NYC are full of fakes and phony shit that is not real. Watch out for people trying to sell you stuff on the side of the street because they will bother you until you buy it, tell them to leave you alone or you are not interested. Many people are assholes in the city and have no respect for anyone, beware of that as it is a big problem. When you go to the city, eat light for the first part of the day and slowly progress. You are going to want to try some of the pretzels on the side stands as they are GREAT. You also need to bring A LOT of cash because restaurants are not cheap and just going to Mc Donald's will cost your $5-6. For security purposes, always keep your valuables in your front pockets and NEVER in a backpack or satchel as people are VERY good at pick-pocketing in the city. NYC has a lot to offer and a week is well needed to see it all. I suggest starting from midtown near Times Square/Central Park and working your way down to the lowers areas of the financial district. Some of the best sites are the Empire State Bld near midtown, Statue of Liberty on Ellis island, 9/11 memorial located in Financial District, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park and just the general atmosphere in NYC. You will notice a lot of people playing instruments or showing off some of their talents to you which is a beautiful site in my opinion. I do always enjoy the city sites and all that it has to offer... Have fun Nick.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 03:09:25 PM »
I envy you. I Would love to go to the US and especially New York. I've been to the ORIGINAL York and it's quite good ^_^

Take lots of pictures and have a wank on the empire state building so your seed goes on the people below :D
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 03:22:55 PM »
Nick, talk to Buzzy.  He is the king of faggots in NY.

What part of New York anyway?  Its a big ass state.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 03:39:39 PM »
I envy you. I Would love to go to the US and especially New York. I've been to the ORIGINAL York and it's quite good ^_^

Take lots of pictures and have a wank on the empire state building so your seed goes on the people below :D

Ah yes, original York, with its wide arrange of crappy ghost walks, minimal sweet shops that sell "black death"s (a boiled sweet made extremely sour) and its few museums... :|

I envy all of you, I've never set foot in 'murica and I really want to!!!
im bach

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 05:04:55 PM »
Nick, talk to Buzzy.  He is the king of faggots in NY.

What part of New York anyway?  Its a big ass state.

We arrive at airport new Ark (dunnu if that is said correctly) and take a bus near Time square. Our hotel is in Queens at Long Island near Manhatten. So that's where we will be at most likely.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal