Author Topic: What happened?  (Read 4218 times)

Offline Disturbed Soviet

• View Profile
    • Awards
What happened?
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:56:40 PM »
When did they decide to get ride of loyalist points? Just found out like 4 days ago...

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What happened?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 08:58:45 PM »
They were removed due to them being extremely uncannonical. Also, this kind of question belongs in the shoutbox, as it can be considered postwhore. I'm no admin, but you ought to be warned.
Mikhel Kharlamov | Alive | CWU Tier 3 |

Marcel Huber | Alive] | Living in City 45 |

Ian Kharlamov | Alive | Hiding from the CCA, after becoming AC#4 |

Dr. Cole Matthews | Alive | Administrating C45 |

Offline Disturbed Soviet

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:04:36 PM »
Oh really? I did not even know that. Haven't been on the forums in a while must have forgot.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 09:08:23 PM »
They were removed due to them being extremely uncannonical. Also, this kind of question belongs in the shoutbox, as it can be considered postwhore. I'm no admin, but you ought to be warned.

most of cg's canon disregards the general "canon", so them being "uncannonical" isn't really a valid reason

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 09:10:12 PM »
No, I'm saying beyond general cannon. LPs would void Barney Calhoun's major parts in the game, thus leading to less recognition or even a cut.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 09:16:28 PM »
I always thought it was because minges would farm them in order to apply for CP on the day they first joined the server?  Considering the main reason people are saying they were removed (LPs were raping canon), please, do go on about how OTA are basically robots and CCA uniforms are air conditioned.

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 09:22:29 PM »
True, I've seen pointfarming a lot, but that's only one reason they were removed. It does rape cannon. Also, play through HL2. OTA are robots, and CCA uniforms aren't are conditioned. I think. If they are, then just ||||CENSORED FOR EXTREME LANGUAGE||||.

EDIT: I'm sorry, it seems I need to clarify. I should've said the OTA are cyborgs, not robots. Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:39:11 PM by ‡NtN‡ ßill »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 09:31:32 PM »
I hate to shove this off-topic, but OTA are NOT robots in the sense I didn't quite define earlier.  According to the canon, OTA DO feel pain and, if you toss a grenade at them, they will yell "Shit!" or "That's a grenade!" etc.

Back on topic, kgo

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 10:33:25 PM »
Removed by SatN because we talked it over me and him and we decided that it was just something people lied to get and constantly asked units every two minutes for a job to do for them (may return in future)
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Disturbed Soviet

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 05:56:26 PM »
Well they basically ruined it for the people that would like to join, instead they make it harder. Doesn't make sense to me why they'd farm them anyways their application would have to be decent not some minge story.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 07:00:23 PM »
I like how it was 2 people who decided a change like this, with no other input from the Commanders and High Command at the time.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 07:24:02 PM »
Removing Loyalist Points was just a dumb and lazy move, it could have easily been more enforced such as telling units to only give them a point if they WITNESS them roleplay it PROPERLY. It could also have been capped to gaining 3 loyalist points at max every 24 hours. Instead, it got removed and just made it even more Rebels vs CCA, nearly killing Loyalist RP and making the CWU crumble with it even more.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 08:08:24 PM »
Removing Loyalist Points was just a dumb and lazy move, it could have easily been more enforced such as telling units to only give them a point if they WITNESS them roleplay it PROPERLY. It could also have been capped to gaining 3 loyalist points at max every 24 hours. Instead, it got removed and just made it even more Rebels vs CCA, nearly killing Loyalist RP and making the CWU crumble with it even more.

that, or even just putting in a proper system (thread which needs rp logs), fixing good things > removing good things

Offline Disturbed Soviet

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 09:41:29 AM »
Yeah I do agree it has made it crumble

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 09:50:06 AM »
what smt said

I always thought it was because minges would farm them in order to apply for CP on the day they first joined the server? 
this always happened althought I don't believe it was worth removing them for it

Removed by SatN because we talked it over me and him and we decided that it was just something people lied to get and constantly asked units every two minutes for a job to do for them (may return in future)
dumb choice imo, there was so much more that could have been done to stop this rather then removing the system

I like how it was 2 people who decided a change like this, with no other input from the Commanders and High Command at the time.
this

i agree

loyalist points shouldn't have been removed as they promoted lots of citizen RP, and personally, I'd love to see them back some day as long as the system gets a nice edit, like what Abbott said in the quote up there ^

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal