Author Topic: Bullying, good? bad?  (Read 6453 times)

Re: Bullying, good? bad?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 03:01:32 AM »
I would have to agree with pretty much everyone, I hate bullying. Being in high school, I see it everyday yet none of the students get involved in helping the bullied, myself included in that. Here is an idiotic policy that I've heard a lot about, and it's implemented in my school: If you get hit and do the whole "Oh, I'm just going to walk away after getting my face smashed" you get expelled. You get expelled if you hit the person back, and you get expelled if you don't do anything. Personally, I think this is completely stupid but they say it's for "safety measures". I guess it can go both ways, safety and punishment for doing absolutely nothing at all wrong.
CA.CCA.APEX.04.230

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bullying, good? bad?
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 12:08:29 PM »
Bullying is a necessary thing in society for children. Today's society is going down a shithole because schools don't give the "real world" to children, making everyone a winner and everyone equal. Equality hits bullying hard, but at what cost? Society is going down the porcelain throne anyways because of the amount of entitlement people have (pirating things from poor indie devs) and the fact that children are not shown that there is no equality in the real world and that not everyone is a winner. 

That's one way of looking at it, at the same time though you assume that bullying ends well for all? Some people are bullied simply for being different - that might seem like a cliché look on it but it’s true. There is a kid in my school who suffers from some mental problems and is mocked and bullied for it - he came pretty close to killing himself because he saw himself as an outcast and that wasn't his fault. Are you saying that this was a good thing?

There are many examples as well were young people have ended their lives because they just didn't know how to handle the situation and there are other cases where things have taken a turn for the worse; the columbine massacre?

Are these all good things? Will this help make people stronger or will it just destroy their confidence before they even have a chance? I see your argument but it is an iffy one and can be easily debated.
I have disabled brothers (both have down-syndrome) and luckily they go to a school full of other disabled/ mentally retarded people like them. One of my brothers can speak some English, but I can understand this type of bullying when you make fun of someone else due their lack of mental capability. I will say it again, some bullying is necessary, but bullying that would want to make someone kill themselves should be stopped. This will never be stopped though, it can only be contained a little.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal